AF-Daily-wednesday,28th April'10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou everyone for birthday wishes....
    My home is my own again, and I'm in my daggy PJ's to prove it!

I was given journals to write in... So I'm about to start up morning papers again/ morning journals!!

Not much else to talk about.... Isn't it great!!!!!!

Hi Leelou & all to come,

I read that keeping a journal is very good for mental health. The actual act of writing something down helps people offload.

Pamina - The impact of the debates on the opinion polls has been very interesting. Will be fascinating to see if it translates on the day. Funny, for years Ribena was my hangover drink - I'd buy a cartoon of Ribena Light at the Tube station on the way into work. Ugg. Couldn't face it now.

Lav - I think your language is remarkably restrained! I'd be swearing like a trooper.

Went to the lovely lido on the way into work. Slightly less lovely today because it was busy and then a load of schoolkids arrived so I made an early exit.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good morning Leelou, Marshy & all to come today!

Marshy - believe me, I am swearing like a trooper in my head - a big, bad ass trooper
      Temps dropped to near freezing last night but are supposed to warm up in a day or two - hope so!

Need to go find something to keep my mind occupied until my grandson shows up this afternoon. When he's here all my personal troubles just disappear

Wishing everyone a great AF Hump Day!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning abberoos!

Leelou, sound in utter bliss! All the nice things you did to your home... all to yourself!

Marshy, many moons ago I swam at the Y and they'd bring in a group of men from a residntial facility. Often they'd think they had to swim sans bathing suit.

Halloooo pamina!

I agree about Lav's tame language. However she may be unloading in private. Lav, you can use "FH" if you like. :H

Had the dead tree cut down yesterday. What a relief. I was constantly thinking about it in an anxious way. I moved an empty birdhouse to another tree and this AM a bird is busily building away in it. I needed to cut back some overgrown shrubs but when I inspected, someone on a nest stared back at me. That'll have to wait. Love my birds!

Zooming off for some appts! Have a fab AF day! AF, I am Sooooo much more punctual!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi lav!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning fabbie abbies! Leelou, it must be such a relief to have your house back to yourself! Mr. Doggy and I made a strategic decision NOT to set up a guest room in our house. One spare bedroom is my office, and the other has the sauna and laundry staging and junk in it. And we got rid of both fold out sofas (we each came in with one) long ago. That's where we stand on house guests! My brothers have "roughed it" out in the camper a couple of times. :H

Marshy I can relate to your following of the political debates. I too am one to stay up all night following the election results. Will look forward to your and Pamina's recounting here (I hope!) of the outcome as it unfolds!

Lav, I was a bit :H and over the news that Mr. Lav is now "lonely." Geez. Poor baby. Leaves his family and then is lonely. Who woulda thought THAT could happen. :H (swear away!) Enjoy the energizer bunny this afternoon!

Greenie last year (or was it the year before?) we had a bird that built a next right above one of the rarely used entrances to our house. Mr. Doggy set up a Bird Cam and we got to watch the nest. We have left the old nest there. I keep hoping a bird will move in again.

I'm happy to be sober again today! I slept in this morning and am enjoying some goof off time before I get the days business under way. I should be cleaning up the piles in my office but oh well. They will still be there later! (unfortunately. I have tried seeing if they will go away on their own, but that is not working!)

Just had a nice 5.5 point Weight Watching Breakfast. I just want to get back in my skinny pants and stay there.

Have a fabbie abbie day all!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello friends,

I am trying to get in the zooming mode, I have a zillion things on my plate today! I am looking forward to all of it though. A group from here in the midwest is coming into our school today and giving their program to the high school and then tonight the public. It is called the Todd Becker foundation--he was killed while still in high school--good student and athlete--in an alcohol-related wreck. (I don't say accident) His brother stepped up and started this christian based group that speaks about the devastation his brother's death caused and talks to them about making good choices. Will be sad, yet great.

Thank you guys so much for the care and concern as well as prayers for my sis. As many nuns as possible praying for Terry would be great, DG! I guess in all my reading (awhile ago when there was a big scare of MRSA in our schools) I didn't realize this was ONLY gotten in the hospital. I understand that is why it is so resistant to ab's and why my brother said she could have gotten it years ago when she had her hysterectomy. I imagine this stirs up lots of paperwork for the 4 hospitals she has been in recently. They did dismiss her, I truly hope that is a good sign.

Gotta run!!!:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

just popping in for a late night hug for everyone xxxxxxxxx
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X