Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Afternoon!!!!

What the hey?? Where is everybody? At least throw me a bone so I can do a bit of vicarious living! :H
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Hey Greeneyes....catch :H

Yea where is everyone? Im off for some sushi - have a great AF friday guys
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

I was busy buying a pair of Boyfriend Jean. I will pretend they are Johnny Depp's oops I mean Mr. Doggy's. Like I need more clothes. Maybe I'll take a look at the shoes before I go to Curves to work out.

I'm definitely not drinking, that's for sure!

Oh - the Chamber of Commerce business after hours last night was at the local B-league (whatever it's called) baseball team. They have actually been a great addition to our community. It was funny though. We entered into a bar / restaurant type room where they were serving baseball food ie. hotdogs and popcorn, and beer, sodas, etc. Then people could walk through the tunnel areas and go out onto the field. Out there is where the REAL drinking was taking place. Full bar set up on the field complete with young chickies in spaghetti straps to serve. It was funny watching the crowd migrate. I was grateful to see my AA pals there - just shores up my resolve and my decision to take a pass on the booze. It's also great to wake up today thinking about today - and NOT worried about whether I got too drunk last night in front of local business colleagues. And minus the hangover too. YEAH!! :yougo:

A year ago I dont' think I would have been ready to even go watch a game due to the drink temptation. (they serve way more than beer at the stadium!) But now? I made sure to grab a schedule as those games are fun to attend and I don't think I would miss the booze at all this time around.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

greeneyes;846222 wrote: At least throw me a bone so I can do a bit of vicarious living! :H
        You can come and vicariously do my job instead of me if you like so I could be doing something else on Friday nights.

DG - I thought of a great wheeze for your MK promotion which involved a lifesize "before" photo, which would definitely draw people into your display. Haven't quite made the link from Curves to MK yet but do you need one? You'll be at Curves, people would see the photo, see the new you and get talking and you turn the conversation round to your fabulous MK products

A friend emailed me yesterday that she had a terrible migraine and was going to take some old painkillers that she had in her medicine cabinet and go to bed. She later emailed me about a conversation she'd had with a possible new employer and various other things. Anyway, today she's told me that she can't remember ANYTHING after taking the painkillers. Her husband had to remind her about some things she'd said to him, she called her sister about something and her sister said "yeah, you told me all this when you called yesterday", and she can't remember the conversation with the potential employer etc. She told me she was really freaked out and has thrown out all old medicines. I told her that's the difference between a "normal" person and an addict - I'd be thinking wow! where can I get more of those

*Puts nose back to grindstone*
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

DG....I like Marshy's idea.

You could have a "Before" photo of yourself and then an "After" photo with you all dolled up with your MK makeup on!
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Hi everyone, I suppose I should start a new thread but not sure how. Anyway, today is May 1st and day one for me with the deep hope that I can make it to day 31.
            I have my plan ready: so, here goes. Who wants to join.
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Hi Jessie. I'M ROOTING FOR YOU!!! :yougo: Hope you will come post with us everyday. There is some great longer term sobriety on this thread and that could help!! Would love to hear more about your plan if you care to share.

Marshy and M3... :H on the before and afters. I could definitely caption that "Thank God for Makeup!" :H

I'm already thinking of one of the girls who works her butt off there. She is getting ready to go home to Mexico this summer for a visit. She will be seeing her XFH who ran off with a younger chickie poo. She is wanting to look HOT when she goes. She has to do the exercise but Thank God for Makeup! I can help with that!

Oh - another thing I'm doing that I would NEVER have been able to handle in the drinking days. I'm a team caption for an upcoming Chamber Membership Drive. That means I'm responsible to sucker oops I mean convince 5 others to be on my team and spend 3 hours on the phone trying to get some new members during the drive. I'm not really looking forward to this (who really DOES look forward to telephone sales!) but it's a great way to get brownie points with the chamber people and the active members who do this phone crap despite it not being our favorite thing. Yay. If not for the task, for the ability and willingness to do it, and see the longer range benefits. I couldn't look past the next drink previously.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Hey Guys - I friend sent me a book yesterday called "DRY" which is the memoirs of Augusten Burroughs. I am half way through it already and there is just SO much I can relate to, I know I should be posting this under "what we are reading" but I just wanted to recommend it.....
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

:lHi DG,
                  I'm going up to Seoul to visit a friend who knows I have a problem with alcohol. I'm also taking my first Antabuse today ( which arrived after I finally found an online pharmacy that shipped it to me from India.) I'll drink litres of water and take a multi vitamin at every single meal. Go for long walks, post everyday, and post as often as I can.
                  Thank you for your support.
                  make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

I am very new here

and I am enjoying the photos on the profiles.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Hello all,

Nothing new with Lav here..........

Welcome Jesse & Rainbow51! Getting & staying sober is well worth the effort

I had a day planned with my daughter tomorrow to drive down to the Eastern shore of Maryland & check out some of the cute little towns on the Chesapeake Bay. But we've changed our minds & are heading North instead. We'll probably change our minds again when tomorrow actually gets here
                      Anyway, it's supposed to be quite warm & sunny this weekend so I'm sure we'll enjoy the day!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday night!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Chill, I'm glad you mentioned that book here! I don't know why, but I never seem to make it to the "What We're Reading" section. I like adding these types of books to my library wish list.

Jessie, I'm so happy to hear that you got your Antabuse and have a good plan! Good for you thinking about plenty of water and your nutritional needs. I hope you have a good visit with your friend in Korea. Stick close to us here whenever you can! We're here when you need us. Get this early part of quitting over with once and for all!! Believe me. It's worth it!

Welcome Rainbow! I hope you will tell us about yourself! Glad you are enjoying the pictures.

Lav, that sounds wonderful to just play it loose and free with your daughter. I hope you have a fun day together. You deserve it! I'm taking the rest of my Mom's makeup to her tomorrow that she ordered last Saturday. So I have a feeling we will be having a Mother Daughter makeover day with her new stuff! I can't recall if I shared this so sorry if it's a repeat. She is 76 and hard of hearing. But she LOOOOVES the stage. She's in a singing group. I feel sorry for whoever has to stand next to her, considering her hearing issues. But anyway, she LOVES a performance and wanted a bit of a "bold look" to play her part.

(Kate, you are probably rolling in either laughter or horror right now!)

Sober life is good.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 4/30

Doggygirl;846343 wrote:
                          Marshy and M3... :H on the before and afters. I could definitely caption that "Thank God for Makeup!" :H
                          That would definitely work! I'd buy it and I don't even wear make-up (naturally gorgeous )
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                          X