MAY WE BE SOBER - WEEK ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys I make an executive descision which I hope you are all happy with - MAY WE BE SOBER!!!! Another glorious unhung saturday, they are the most special mornings of the week for me and I hope I never stop appreciating them.

Just wanted to share my calendar affirmation for today which is "I am the confident executive of my world, I can be as sucessful as I choose to be, joy opens many doors for me and my self confidence is growing."

I am 4 months AF today and loving it!!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Well done chillgirl on your four months alcohol free, your doing great and you can see in your posts how positive & happier you have become, keep up the great work .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:cheering: YAY CHILLGIRL!!
      Congrats on your 4 AF Months!!!!! Enjoy that powerful feeling, you deserve it

Good morning Mario & everyone!
      Can't believe it is May 1 & I'm about to turn the AC on. 90 degree temps & high humidity predicted for today & tomorrow - boo, hiss! But I am getting ready for a nice day out with my daughter today.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav it only seems like yesterday you were knee deep in snow! What a turnaround....

Have a great day with your daughter, im going to sit in the sun and read my book
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Happy May Day everyone and may we indeed be sober and well. I've had a busy couple of days as daughter home from uni but she's gone back now.
          I managed to go to the local village this morning just for a little wander round, getting stir crazy at home - did ok but the old ankle playing up now so i'm sitting here with an ice pack on it and that's helping.
          Jazz festival tomorrow and I'm going there for a couple of hours come what may.
          I hope everyone is having a good weekend, bank holiday here so people out in the pubs and bars drinking like there's no tomorrow.
          See you all later
          love sooty

Comment

Good for you Chillgirl. You go girl!

Comment

Chill, thanks for getting us started! I love the title!

:wd::happy: Congrats on your 4 months!! :happy::wd:

I'm going to a Tea today with some friends from work. I've never done this before! Looking forward to it.

Hi Lav, Soots, Mario, Sidney and all others who check in.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sid - Im honored to have you post on this thread!! Dont be a stranger... :l
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Awesome Chillgirl on your great achievement!!
                  AF since April 19, 2010
                  NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                  -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Love the new thread title for the new month! Congratulations Chillgirl. I LOVE watching recovery happen right before our very eyes! Congrats to all who are staying AF today.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Yes, I love to see recovery happen before our eyes too.

And, it's nice to see the transformation in people who have some AF time. They are more positive, happy, and take joy in the little things in life.

M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Congrats, Chill! You are our current poster-girl! and congrats on the airport strength, well done.
                        Belated birthday wishes, Dill - hope your Tea with the girls is a happy time today.
                        Lav - thanks for your lilac visions as well - hope you are having a great time with your daughter. What towns are you seeing?
                        Sped - thanks for cheering our LBH for us - hang in there for the rest of the school year.
                        Sooty - sounds like you're on the mend, great news.
                        Red - wow, what a bad bug, hope this weekend is better.
                        Everyone, lovely to read your posts, thanks for all. I'm away again this weekend, but will try to post on Monday - happy AF Saturday and Sunday to all ------
                        to the light

Comment

Good Morning Gang!
                          Its going to be a week of NEW meetings for me.... today I meet my brother-in-laws sister who is over in Portugal for a few days. I last saw her 20 years ago at my nephews christening, we were not really friends but last year we hooked up through facebook and it turns out we now have lots in common.

Then on tuesday Im having coffee with our own lovable MARIO!!! Then on friday I fly to Boston for 2 weeks in New England to stay with the "friend" i met here on MWO!!

whew...

And last night I dreamt that i had two giant rum cocktails then went up to the bar and ordered a gin and tonic.... when I saw the g&t I suddenly realized it was alcohol and didnt drink it. I was so full of remorse about the cocktails and although I didnt carry on drinking I was so sad id caved in... I believe these dreams are just to remind us that we really dont want to go down that road even if I could stop at two what would be the point?!

Wishing you all a wonderful AF Sunday :l
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

This does seem like a happy place. Getting ready for a big project at work tomorrow. Feels great to have a clear head. Hope you don't mind if I join you.

Comment

Good morning all!

Welcome sidney, nice to meet you

Chill, those dreams......as disturbing as they are do serve a purpose I think. I have one every now & then & have decided they are spiritual gifts of a sort - gentle reminders!

Had a nice day out yesterday with my daughter. Changed our plans last minute & ended up driving north instead. Came home with a trunkful of plants for our gardens We stopped & had a nice lunch & chat. Turned out she needed a little TLC more than I did - glad I was available.
                              Forgot my son was dropping off the Insanity Twins (2 golden retrievers). So I now have lots of hairy company until mid-day Monday!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X