MAY WE BE SOBER - WEEK ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow morning Im meeting the gorgeous Mario for coffee.... how much luckier can a girl get?!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi everyone

Had a very busy holiday week-end so did not get near the computer. Having a coffee now and going to catch up. Hope you all have a great week.

Rustop

Comment

chillgirl;847899 wrote: Tomorrow morning Im meeting the gorgeous Mario for coffee.... how much luckier can a girl get?!
        You Lucky Girl, Chillgirl say hello to mario from us all.
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Sooty, sounds like you are back and in full force. Food tasting in the open air is calorie free and fun.

Saving grace, you will get through this, and with our support. Trust is one of the most important parts of any relationship, so to lose that, and continue losing it is devastating. I am so sorry for your pain and loss.

Lav, you are amazing, so strong and reaching out for support and relationship.

I am continually amazed, reading all over MWO, at what a courageous bunch of people we are. It is inspiring and keeps me going. I am realizing that life hands us challenges, and sober we are able to handle them much better than drinking. Also, it does not matter our age, sex, socioeconomic status, we all have issues, positive and negative. Life happens, and what matters, in my view, is honesty, trust, integrity, hard work, purpose, love, kindness, all the old fashioned virtues. Really, nothing changes inwardly, just the time we happen to live in.

Wishing everyone a peacful, loving, productive day. AF of course.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Saving Grace, I am sending strength and prayers your way.

It is just such a busy time of year for me. I can only jump on here this morning to say hi and wish you all a great AF day. Take time to smell the spring flowers! I'm going to go out on my front porch right now and pick some Lily of the Valley that grows by the limestone steps. So fragrant!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning all!

Feeling better today after my lunch yesterday with my 'power friends'. We don't miss work, we just miss each other

Dill, Lily of the Valley brings back very nice chilhood memories! Need to plant some here. Hope you are staying focused on yourself this Spring. You are much stronger this year

Greetings to everyone today, hope a good day is in store for one & all.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I am continually amazed, reading all over MWO, at what a courageous bunch of people we are. It is inspiring and keeps me going. I am realizing that life hands us challenges, and sober we are able to handle them much better than drinking. Also, it does not matter our age, sex, socioeconomic status, we all have issues, positive and negative. Life happens, and what matters, in my view, is honesty, trust, integrity, hard work, purpose, love, kindness, all the old fashioned virtues
                Redstar - This is SO true! I have just spend 3 hours with the lovable Mario. If someone had told me 6 months ago, I'd be sitting in a beach bar drinking coffee with an Irishman I'd met on an alcohol help site I'd have laughed my socks off! But what it made me realize is how lucky I am to have got to this place in my life, without such events i would have never have met this kind genuine man....
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Stargazerlily;848156 wrote:

I am continually amazed, reading all over MWO, at what a courageous bunch of people we are. It is inspiring and keeps me going. I am realizing that life hands us challenges, and sober we are able to handle them much better than drinking. Also, it does not matter our age, sex, socioeconomic status, we all have issues, positive and negative. Life happens, and what matters, in my view, is honesty, trust, integrity, hard work, purpose, love, kindness, all the old fashioned virtues.
                  Redstar - This is SO true! I have just spend 3 hours with the lovable Mario. If someone had told me 6 months ago, I'd be sitting in a beach bar drinking coffee with an Irishman I'd met on an alcohol help site I'd have laughed my socks off! But what it made me realize is how lucky I am to have got to this place in my life, without such events i would have never have met this kind genuine man....

Comment

Chill I am so pleased you had a good time with Mario - but very jealous too is he as lovely as his photo?
                    Glad everyone is doing well, its been a nice day here sunny but a cold wind. I'm off to the osteopath again tomorrow - getting fed up with my bad arm now!
                    Keep strong everyone - see you all in the morning
                    love Sooty

Comment

Well, I'm off to do my civic duty and vote. Then pick up a pizza and come home and eat.

Lav, did you have Lilly of the Valley in your yard growing up? We had some by the front porch of our house and I loved to see them each spring.

Sooty, so sorry your arm is still giving you fits. I wish we could mend faster.

Chill that truly is amazing how much your life has changed. Indeed it would have seemed laughable just a few months ago if someone had suggested the very meeting you just had. Yet, it is incredibly special and wonderful.

Red, I too am amazed at the strength and courage of many of the folks on this website. I am grateful for it, you, and the others who contribute on this thread.

Hi Rusty and Catch22!

Peace and strength to all.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sad news, one of our members succeeded in killing herself, Cowgal. I had followed her threads and this was not her first attempt. The tragedy of this disease. I am so sorry and just needed to share this...everyone does not make it and sometimes I forget this. This is serious business, our very lives.

I have probably just been lucky in the past.....could have died....all the stupid things I did. You just wonder at the despair that leads to this.

Every day we have is precious. I have so much to be thankful for despite the problems and worries I have, just like everyone else. Drinking, your mindset gets depressed and anxious and focuses on the negative. AF, we focus on positive actions, thoughts, attitudes, and treasure all we have. I often wonder about life purpose and what is in front of me to accomplish, complete, who to help and serve.

Sending you all strength, hope and love.
                        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

I can't believe it, I am so terribly terribly sorry. What absolutely awful news, poor cowgal. My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this terrible time.
                          Can't think of anything else to say at the moment, I'll be back later
                          Sooty

Comment

Good morning everyone

Star, thanks for letting us know about Cowgirl. How very sad and indeed it is a reminder of where Al can lead us. One of the things I like about this thread is how positive it is. People are dealing with life's problems but are remaining positive. If Al were in the picture it would be a very different story.

Chill - Glad you enjoyed meeting Mario. There are so many wonderful people on these boards.

Everyone else big hello. Very busy at the moment but enjoy catching up when I can.

Rustop

Comment

Completely stunned by the news of MaryAnne, I really thought she had turned a corner and was getting her life back together. This could so easily have been me or probably many of us, when i was drinking and having black thoughts I often thought of suicide as a way out, thanks be to God that I found the sober way out..... I feel even more gratitude today for coming though the darkness.

MaryAnne was a very beautiful soul, kind loving and artistic.... I guess some people are just to special for this world
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello all - so sad to hear of MA's passing - as so many others have said, may she be at peace now.

Stay strong, everyone. Grace, we are here for you. Lav - you sound stronger and stronger, I hope you are feeling that way too. Dill - hang in there, and thanks for the memory of the lilies of the valley, one of my favorites that grew in every available nook and cranny at my childhood home. Chill - what exciting news of your trip to Boston -- hope you are having fun with your parents. LBH, Sped, Sooty, Red and all to come, big greetings.

Welcome to newcomers, thanks to all of you, and enjoy our AF day -
                                to the light

Comment

Working...
                                X