X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAY WE BE SOBER - WEEK ONE

RIP Cowgal/MA.
    Such a sad ending for her.

I too feel grateful for everything I am & everyone in my life today, despite the problems.
    I still have hope that my marriage will survive but that will depend on Mr Lav's willingness to work out his emotional issues. They have nothing to do with me, I can't fix them for him. He needs to do that work himself. I'm praying that he will succeed even if it does take a period of time.
    In the meantime I will focus on myself, my kids & grandson & all my friends here of course

Wishing everyone peace & comfort today & always.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;848918 wrote: RIP Cowgal/MA.
      I too feel grateful for everything I am & everyone in my life today, despite the problems.
      I still have hope that my marriage will survive but that will depend on Mr Lav's willingness to work out his emotional issues. They have nothing to do with me, I can't fix them for him. He needs to do that work himself. I'm praying that he will succeed even if it does take a period of time.
      In the meantime I will focus on myself, my kids & grandson & all my friends here of course

Wishing everyone peace & comfort today & always.
      Lav
      Lav...You are approaching all that has come your way with your husband from such a healthy perspective! Something I suspect would be hard to do if you were still drinking. Kudos to you!!
      M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Gang - Had a lovely 3 days with my Parents, they are enjoying the sunshine after a long cold winter in Scotland. They are here for another 3 weeks on dog sitting duty, only the best for my darling pooch! And me..........!? YIPEE, im off to London tomorrow then fly to Boston on Friday to see my dear MWO friend. I couldnt have made this up if I tried :H

Im going to leave ALL divorce & financial issues behind me, forget all about them and enjoy every minute..... I will still be online and will update you on life in New England.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Thanks M3!

Chill, happy travels friend
          I'm closer to Philadelphia - wish you had time for a side trip. I hope you have a great time with your special friend.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Have fun Chill!!! I love your spirit about this trip. Will we ever get details??? :h (I'm guessing not.... )

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey DG - I will have met two MWO members this week, maybe i will make it my mission to travel round the world and meet you all
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

chillgirl;849149 wrote: Hey DG - I will have met two MWO members this week, maybe i will make it my mission to travel round the world and meet you all
                You are welcome here any time Chillgirl! Have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Oh wait. Never mind.....
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Yesterday was a very somber day on the boards. I guess we were all thinking of Cowgirl, RIP. My heart goes out to her boys.

Bon voyage Chill. Enjoy your trip to Boston, its a beautiful city. Hope the ash does not cause you any problems. A lot of the airports in Ireland and the UK were closed again this week. A friend of mine flew to Boston on Monday, she was lucky. Dublin airport was closed most of the last two days. Mother Nature is certainly playing games with us.

Just had my walk in the woods with 2 friends and the doggies so the days is off to a good start. Have a lot of household chores to catch up on so I better get off the boards.

Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Chillgirl, I'll love that. I hope Korea is on your list.
                    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Jessie - I have never been to Korea... would love to make a stop there!
                      I could be the MWO ambassador and travel the world.......that sounds like my perfect job,
                      come visit you all and make sure you are all staying on the straight and narrow......
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning one & all!

Bon Voyage Chill

I have lots of little things to do today - so I'm good. I've been experiencing short periods of extreme anger & frustration this week over my personal situation. That really pisses me off because my hands are tied, I can't do anything to fix the situation. I'm more of a 'doer'. I'd rather take action, be proactive & manage a situation before it gets worse. I will not get into the feeling victimized & feeling sorry arena again - I won't!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I wish you were coming to Canada too Chill but have a wonderful time on your trip.
                          Post us some good news I am sure we all could use it.

Comment

Boy, did I sleep well. I really had to watch what I ate after Cinco de Mayo. I ate enough chips on that day for three people!! So yesterday I kept busy and ate small amounts. Feeling kind of righteous today. I am looking forward to seeing family this weekend, we are going out of town for a graduation. The weather of course is rainy, as it has been every weekend for a while, but oh well.

I plan on sticking to my water with lemon whereever I go this weekend. Living clean feels so much better than booze and junk food.

Lav, sorry you continue to struggle with your situation. It has to be hard to not have any say in what is going on.

Chill, have a good time this weekend. You are so lucky to be able to travel and visit. What fun.

I will probably post on Sunday or Monday as I will not have access to the internet over the weekend. Sending everyone peace and hope.
                            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Good morning all!

Glad you slept well Red, I sure didn't!
                              I went to bed kind angry & pissed off after reading an email response from Mr Lav. I had asked him to come home to sign some tax forms that need to be filed quickly - boy did I get an ear full!
                              It's clear to me that his thinking is more screwed up than ever. He refuses to own up to his problems, prefers to blame me. Everytime his repressed anger & hostility toward his parents bubbles up to the surface he projects it onto me. This will not stop until he owns up to it & chooses to be happy. I'm very tired of hearing this broken record over & over.

On a brighter note, I got to spend time with my grandson last night. Hadn't seen him for nearly a week as he was in Maine visiting with other relatives. That kid makes me happy

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Sorry couldn't get on yesterday and I was out last night with old work colleagues so absolutely exhausted today. My head is spinning with all the election shennanigans that are going on in the Uk - goodness knows who our next prime minister will be!
                                Pleased to be AF and hope we are all well
                                The weekend cometh ....
                                love Sooty

Comment

Working...
                                X