AF Daily - Wednesday May 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I think I'm going to make some ham and bean soup tomorrow. Will thaw out the ham bone today and soak the beans.

johnny I think we've all probably made that mistake a time or two or many (I know I have) - getting ahead of myself. This time around I'm developing a deeper appreciation for the saying "take it easy....."

Now about that hot chocolate.....what time should I be there????

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

lol. It's gone already. I realize though there is an art to making a cup of good hot chocolate. It seemed a bit watery. Well, I'll get that one right one day.

Yeah. Getting ahead of myself. That is exactly it. I was on Antabuse last time around and had even stopped taking it. I was so confident my problems were sorted. lol. forgive me but it does make me chuckle now. Then one day my sis was here to visit from oversees and at a bbq I thought ag, special occasion. I got a handle on things now. I'll have a couple today and no more tomorrow. I don't think I have to write the rest of the story? Nine months later I woke up still drunk (figuratively speaking. I might have had a sober day in between).

I think it was a valuable lesson though. I am so much more aware this time and know there is just no 'recovery' to an extent where I can handle a drink. Over. That's it.

I just can't wait for a day where I can say with confidence. No. I don't drink and havn't touched a drink for months, year/s. Hopefully the day will come :-)
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Phew. off to bed now. The hot chocolate seems to have some sort of sedatory effect. Feel rather sleepy. Maybe read a chapter but then lights off.

Check you all tomorrow!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

johnnyh;855166 wrote:
          I think it was a valuable lesson though. I am so much more aware this time
          Johnny,
          Many of us have been through the same thing - thinking we could drink after a while or just falling off the wagon for some other reason. They are all valuable lessons, I think. I agree about being more "aware" afterwards. Onwards and upwards!

Doggygirl;855077 wrote:

Marshy, I thought of you this morning when I first looked at e-mail and the Prime Minister situation was the headline on that version of the New York Times. I'm curious what your feeling is about this outcome.
          DG, I'm in political geek heaven :H Not because of the "colour" of the new government but because I've enjoyed watching it all unfold. We usually have either a Labour (similar to your Democrats) or Conservative (Republican) government but now we have the first coalition government since the Second World War because of the way the election worked out. Conservative + Liberal Democrat (a third, smaller party). It'll be interesting to see how it all progresses and whether it can last when the going gets tough.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Marshy;855295 wrote: DG, I'm in political geek heaven :H
            Yep, me too!! I'm in the grip of a serious news addiction. Can't leave the house in the morning until all news programmes are over, can't work during the day with all the extra broadcasts, press conferences, can't even contemplate a social life in the evenings...

But well done to all who are battling the AL demon. I know, I'll have to start news withdrawal soon...

Comment

Pamina, I thought of you as well! Good to know you both are enjoying the "show." I think I'm wishing for a true coalition here in the US. We shall see.

Back on topic.....

johnny, hot chocolate and a chapter sounds like a great way to end another sober day. Congratulations!

Tulipe, thinking of you as well and hoping to see a post when I wake up tomorrow! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time. Everything really will work out the way it's supposed to, whatever that is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              The courage to change the things I can,
              And the wisdom to know this difference.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello, just a last post before going to bed. For you news junkies, yes the UK circus has been a fun one to watch today. But a true coalition in the US. Hmm. now that's a tricky one. But for another conversation. I'm just glad for the moment to be in a climate where I'm not craving soup! although I love soup, who doesn't, right Johnny?

DG I liked reading about your wanting to fix everything right away, then realizing the impossibility of such an impudent task. It's like chopping down someone's tree and expecting to be forgiven if you say sorry. Maybe you have to first clean up the mess, then wait for the dust to settle, then plant the seed, put down some water, and wait, wait, wait. Then water some more, and wait. Maybe someday you get to prune. And then wait some more.

I'm still cleaning up the mess.

Night all!
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Can a person get physically ill from too much cold? I have been absolutely worthless today. I was sick last night, but felt ok when I woke up. All I wanted to do was sleep, and I did until I had to go get some broken tree limbs moved. Oh, I wish someone would make me some soup!
                  The sun came out for a bit though, so maybe there are nicer days on the horizon.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                  X