Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily, Thursday, May 13th

Morning guys.

Had a restfull night after a couple of not so restful ones. The hot chocolate and soup does wonders.
    Another rainy CT day here this morning (and cold). But I am feeling on top of the world!!
    Had a couple of good developments in the business I work , which as so many has been struggling, and my dad's business, which had also been struggling. Actually in the latter case the company was saved from liquidation yesterday as I found out today!! It's a miracle.

Hope you all have a great AF day. I know I will have !!!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Hi Johnny, glad you got a restful night. Also good news to have the company saved from liquidation. Did new equity or debt financing come in?

I did not - kids and I are jetlagged. I woke up at 3 and was ready to go back to sleep at 5, but kids WOKE UP at 5!

Oh I have a good story to tell about my friend discovering that I have quit AL last night. But it will have to wait for later.

Happy happy joy joy!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Hey Tulipe, Yeah. An investor that had been hovering for a while came in and rescued the company. pumped some money in that was desperately needed!

Sorry you're feeling tired. Nothing like a good cuppa coffee?

Look forward to hearing your story about your friend!
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Greetings Johnnyh, Tulipe and any new folk I missed for a few days....

Hope your all doing well, that includes the regulars.... and that your days have been filled with some suprises, or just nice moments...

Tuesday I had a sad day, I popped home from work during the day to drop something off, and just by chance, found my elderly cat in the garden in a bad state. He couldn't walk, was cold, non responsive etc.. and I was just shocked!

I had to go back to work, but stayed until DH could come home.... it was hard as we knew he was getting older, and things may happen, but it was just so sudden!!!

ANYWAY, he got round the clock care (from us, as he was in no pain it seemed) for 48 hours....

I kicked DH out of the bed, and let kitty sleep in his favourite spot, blankie on etc... and amazingly, he has improved!!!

He can now get himself outside, drink water, eat food.... AMAZING!

We were seriously so close to considering taking him to the vet.... he's 11 years old, lost all fur on his backhalf, boney etc...

But all I can say is, I'm grateful he is ok, and we monitored him for awhile.... and the odds I got to find him in a bad state outdoors hours before a huge thunderstorm....I am so very grateful.

I thinks he's realised how much attention he's got though, and wont be suprised if he will spring this act on us again soon, to keep the cuddle supply up and the bed position!! His that kinda cat... BUT gosh I got a fright... he's family!

TODAY however, I had the best lunch for ages... I went out for Laab Gai (Thai Chicken Salad) and went to somewhere new... it was spectacular!!!! SO after riding to work tired and abit cold (OMG it was 14 degrees celcuis!!!) Lunch was a wonderful moment! AND I rode home tonight thinking about that lunch, glad I ate healthy, but so glad I got that suprise today!!!!

Enjoy the moments of your day one and all....

Comment

Leelou - Im so glad to hear about your Kittys turnaround, thats great! Its amazing what a bit of TLC does for all of us...

Johnny - top of the world sounds like a pretty good place to be, take in that view and smile

Tulipe - Now I want to know your story.... hurry back

Not sure what today has in store but the sun is shining, I lay in bed this morning relishing waking up hangover free so whatever happens its all good
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning all Ab Fabbers,

Sunshine here as well Chill - good to see

Leelou, I lost a nearly 14 year old dog 6 years ago - I still miss him. The two dogs I have now just aren't the same.

Johnny, good to hear about your business! My (extrememly small) home based business has suffered terribly these past 2 years.

Great to see everyone & wishing a good day to all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey again guys.

Leelou, so glad about your cat!! It's aweful losing a pet. Been there plenty of times. Hope he has still got plenty of life in him!!

Chillgirl, Still love that feeling of waking up hangover free too. It's amazing not having to wait for a days work to be finished to have some more drinks to get rid of the hangover just for the cycle to repeat itself.

Lav, I sure hope this blimmin global financial crisis is going to turn around soon. Too many have suffered. I still every other day see another shop in my area close down. It's depressing. Those are peoples livelyhoods.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Hello friends. Thanks for the upbeat start today Johnny.

Leelou--we have a saying in the vet would that cats are made of steel. There is some truth to that 9 lives thing. They will survive things a dog or other animal won't! Our not so bright barn cat got lovingly mauled by my lab this winter--she was half frozen and had big snowballs hanging off of her. I brought her in and warmed her overnight and she was fine and ready to go back for more the next morning!
                But, I am a bit concerned about her condition. Eleven years is not that old for a cat. I would recommend a check by the vet--possibly a thyroid issue.

The sun is shining here for now. YAY! I have tons of work to do since I slacked off yesterday. When I was sick I kept telling myself, I can't believe I used to make myself feel that way by drinking on a regular basis--yuck! No more self induced sickness for me!

Ok, zooming now. Have a great af day all!:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi, Johnny. Thanx for the post. I am also from CT. Also new to posting. I am on my tenth day AF. Antsy, but determined.

Comment

Hey Heidi, That's fantastic!! 10 days!! Well, things will improve from here. I'm sure.

Why don't you check out the just starting out section as well and maybe start a thread introducing yoursefl? (if you're comfortable with that?) There's some great threads there too.

The weather is really miserable at the moment though isn't it?!! Latish start to the cold season but here with a bang now. Need an extra blanket at night now.
                    There's another couple of SAfricans here as wells as well as Capetonians. We should all get together for a braai sometimes. lol. AF braai tho. :-)
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Hello,
                      Leelou, glad the cat is better. It really is true that they have 9 lives, isn't it? I mean you practically can't get rid of one if you try!
                      Hi Lav, glad you day is peaceful.
                      Heidi - welcome.
                      Chill here's the story:
                      My friend came over for dinner last night and I said that if she wants AL she should bring it and expect to take it home with her. She's a pretty big drinker, although she didn't bring anything. During the evening, she said she'd wished she'd brought some wine. My son happily says, "mommy can't have any more wine because she got drunk twice, so no more wine in the house!" So I'm feeling a bit like I'm taking it on the chin but I decide to respond directly. I say, 'Yes, I've had some health problems (which is true actually, nothing to do with AL it's with my blood), so I thought I would give my body the best chance for health." She said, "permanently?" I said, yeah, I think so.

You might think she would ask me if something happened. She doesn't 'know' about my bad times but we've shared many a happy hour together. Anyway, she takes it all as directed at HER! She starts talking about how she wants to cut back and she should but she needs this one enjoyment in life. No further questions on me, period.

Moral of the story - people really are more interested in themselves than in other people, and if you give them a straight answer without details they just move on.

Shame about my son having that knowledge, though, but this IS one of the key reasons I've decided to say sayanara to AL.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Tulipe - Its funny, when i quit one of my biggest concerns was what id tell people especially all my AL drinking buddies. I started in January so told them all i was having a month detox after the excesses of Christmas etc and that went without the bat of an eye. When Feb came I was high on my AL free and totally commited to staying that way so I couldnt give a stuff what anyone thought by then and as you say they arent really that interested in your life...

I have to say I was also pleasantly suprised by how many people said "yes, I should really cut back" etc etc instead of giving me a hard time about being boring like Id expected.

Welcome Heidi and well done on day 10!!
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                        X