AF Daily - Saturday May 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the sam hill is everyone??? Having a life I suppose! That's what I have been doing too so not around much in the last several days.

I made jam today for the first time ever. And I made it out of kumquats and oranges and until a few days ago, I couldn't have identified a kumquat in a lineup with serial killers. I also modified for sweeteners other than sugar. And I think it may actually have been successful! In my past life, I would have been way too busy trying to drink away my Saturday hangover to bother with a new activity in the kitchen with a brand new food item.

My Mary Kay day yesterday was very successful! That felt good. I have another big day tomorrow so it's a busy weekend.

My Dad called yesterday needing a ride to University of Chicago Hospital on Monday for a check up. That opened up a flood of old family resentments that are just rediculous. There is no valid reason for me to get all resentful. So I 'm working on it!

No room for AL in my life. How about you guys? Hope everyone is having a good weekend. johhnyH? Tulipe? The rest of you guys?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Hi DG and all,
    I'm here, been relaxing all weekend, it's wonderful! Not cooking, just eating, painting and reading.
    Not much else happening. Perfect!

Comment

I'm here DG but not happy......
      Had another face to face chat with Mr Lav this afternoon. It appears he hasn't made an inch of progress on his journey - 4 months of (now) weekly psychotherapy & he claims he's afraid of me???
      WTF - I didn't do anything or even say anything to him - it's all in his head.
      This is all very depressing but I am NOT going to let him drag me down with him!

I hope to God everyone else is having a better day
      I'm grateful to be here with you guys & AF!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aww Lav I am so sorry to read about your ull afternoon with Mr. Lav. It must be so hard to know what to do when the things he says don't really make sense to you. Why don't you tell him no.....it's DG you're afraid of dear! :b&d: I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. You certainly deserve the very best in life and I hope it all works out that way eventually!

Aren't you glad we don't make stuff worse by drinking over it these days though? I sure am glad for that.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Overdosing on decaf green tea tonight :H:H:H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...