Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Fabbie Abbies!!

Mowers.... Start your engines!! Amazing what weeds can do in 2 weeks time. UGH! (repeats to self: I am grateful for my own little piece of the planet...)

A delightful time was had by all! The birdwatching was sparse but we went to some cool places. The letterboxing was really productive and I brought back 2 letterbox hitchhikers! I regret that I did not win the 96 million lottery. I would have shared with you all! There is a little resto there that doesn't have a menu, just a daily chalkboard of fresh choices. It wowed me again and they have the best key lime pie in the universe!

I was glad to not have computer access for 2 weeks. It did my soul good. So I have no idea what's going on with everybody. (Well, I did peek at lavande yesterday - you are doing a fantastic job of staying centered, IMHO) Hope everyone is well. I do know of MA's suicide. Very sad. I believe alcohol was merely the tip of the iceberg for MA.

Grateful to be AF here. GF did not drink on vacation. Sister did, as normal drinkers do. At the grocery, she said she wasn't getting another bottle of wine because she didn't want to feel like she "had" to finish it by week's end. I just looked at her and started laughing. :H By week's end.... imagine that! I got her hooked on seltzer with a splash of pomegranate juice and a squeeze of lime.

Have a fabbie AF day!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Greenie!!! :yougo: So good to see you back and to read about your adventures in Florida. I still think letterboxing sounds like a cool hobby. Although at the rate I'm going, I really need to take up jewelry making as that might save me a lot of $$ in the long run! The restaurant sounds cool (key lime pie YUM). :H at your sister and the bottle of wine and feeling "forced" to drink it "by the end of the week." :H:H The more stuff like that I read the more I realize I was NEVER EVER a normal drinker, not even when I was 17.

I just had some eggs and one of those Thomas's like, high fiber English muffins with my home made kumquat sugar free marmalade on there. That was YUM too! I was telling Mr. D last night that when the mulberry trees bear fruit I'm going to try to pick 'em and make some jam. The mulberries last year were so awesome right off the tree, but they just don't keep to bring them in and save them for later in the fridge.

There will be no room in my world for AL today! One of my friends is speaking at the open AA meeting later this morning, then I'm off to return a piece of jewelry that broke the first time I wore it and then off to the Shaklee / Mary Kay / Pampered Chef / Jewelry lady extravaganza at my other friend's house. My goal is to buy no more jewelry or pampered chef stuff than whatever I sell in Mary Kay.

Well, off to make a fruit salad for tomorrow night's MK training so that is out of the way! I hope Mr. D expands my garden plot today.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Just popping in to say Hi to all the Abbies and happy to see Greenie is back-
      have a great day
      -Sheep

PS- DG please send jam.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Good afternoon Ab Fabbers,

Welcome back Greenie - I'm profoundly jealous of your 2 weeks in Florida

DG, I'd like to order a jar of your homemade jam as well.

My mood is not so centered today so I think I'll take a short nap..........good way to stay in the safe zone!

Have a great day one & all.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Hello my AF friends. Greeneyes, I for one am glad you are back! I'm glad you had a great time. The wine story reminds me of when I went to the mountains on the women's retreat. I was amazed that they actually stopped drinking when there was still plenty of wine left in the bottles. A few of the women asked me about my reasons for quitting, etc. and I shared with them what a phenomenon the partial bottles of wine were. I would have finished them off sure as the day is long, and ended up drunk, embarressed, guilty and sick!

I'm thinking about turning my garden spot into a mud wrestling arena if anyone is interested. I had high hopes of getting the rest of the dirt work done and the greenhouse in place so I can get started gardening today. But, it rained all night and morning, so it is a tad bit damp to say the least. I hope it warms up soon!:upset:

DG--I'd like to ask you to call on your professional prayers (your nun friends) for my sister Terry. I'm starting to think she needs a miracle soon or I am going to lose her. It's just not looking good at all. Thanks.:l

Wishing everyone a great Sunday and week ahead.:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Greenie, it's great to see you back!!

LVT, thoughts and prayers for your sister. :l

I sang today! Which is not unusual, except the other sopranos didn't turn up so I was alone on my voice part effectively doing a solo. And I wasn't scared. THAT's unusual :H

I think I deserve some jam now please

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

LVT, I will ask Sister to add Terry to their prayer list. I hope she pulls through. :l
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday 5/16

Thank you guys.
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                X