Feeling much better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling much better

Yup feeling much better. Went out for a meal with friends Sat eveing restaurant is within walking distance, no AL. Made sure I agreed to drive friends home even tho they argued they would get a taxi. Sun BBQ but that was over 1 1/2 hours drive so could not drink.

Even tho I made plans to avoid AL I still did not want it. Tues is going to be the test, funeral and I am not driving. Very determined I WILL NOT have a drink coz I want this 30 day AF more that AL.

Catch up later, have a good day

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Feeling much better

Good for you QQ! One day at a time. Do you have a good plan for Tuesday? My own plan for situations like that goes like this..

1. Decide ahead of time what I will drink, and even have some things with me (i.e. water, diet soda, my sippy cup with coffee, etc.).
    2. Decide ahead of time what I will do if a strong urge hits (i.e. take a walk around the block, leave early, etc.)

You can do it! Don't hope you will stay sober...DECIDE you will stay sober.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Feeling much better

glad to hear yo,re doin better qq.

ican only repeat what dg has said, be prepared and plan. can you get some really fruity sweets to chew on when the urge arrives?

stay strong qq we can do this 30 days friend xx:l
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Feeling much better

Thank you both, will keep all that info in mind. I know I CAN do it and I will not be tempted. I just do not want to drink anymore and that is half the battle won.

Was amazed yesterday at the BBQ when I heard myself asking for a cup of tea.
        Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Feeling much better

QQ - keep up the good work. Hope you enjoyed that tea. Stay strong!
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
          X