Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thre - 17/5 - 23/5

Big :hello2: 2everyone,

Please feel free to join us you do not have to be a member of AA to jump in if you can RELATE to anything and i mean anything feel free to say what u need to say. Thank You.x

I like to share today on saturday morning went to AA meeting was a little late but could not wait to get in there, after what happen to me on friday getting turn away from my group sessions i felt rejected, wont go into details about it. Anyway i had my finger on the door Buzzer, waiting and waiting.... straight away thinking that no one is going to let me in...Not sure how many times i put my finger on the buzzer, but when i heard the click on the door what a relief i felt. When i told them about my finger on the buzzer they laugh. But really i said it feels so good knowning that AA will not turn you away. Im grateful for the friendship in my fellowship today.
    Resentment need to be honest with you guys i can remember going back a long time ago i use to feel resentful at people on mwo, with there recovery, thinking when will i ever get there, why do some people get it straight away, why not me and why is it some people can get back on the wagon straight away and why not me......this was a very long learning progress for me, all in good time, when the time is right. I am please and grateful today that i have found some kind of peace of mind with my own self and my own recovery working in progress, yes i have learn that i had to do the work it does not come to me over night......
    I leave it there now, because my son and his friend are here playing loud music cant seem to think straight, looking forward going to AA tonight.

Take good care ALL.x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Catch: Many people do get sober relatively easily, but I actually dubbed myself the Relapse Queen, because of the many, many times I tried to stop & drank again. Before I came to MWO, I woke up every day & swore to myself that I wouldn't drink...only to be drinking that very day. After I came to MWO, I had more periods of abstinence, but I kept relapsing. I had one horrendous drinking event that pushed me into AA, & I've been sober since Mar. 2009. That doesn't mean that I can take my sobriety for granted. I've been hearing about relapse over & over. I just heard at a meeting that only about 2 - 3% of AAers stay sober. I do not want that revolving AA door to become an experience for me. I want this to be it, & I'll do whatever I have to to stay sober. If you keep working at it, you will stay sober too.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary that really makes me think about 2-3% stay sober, It good when you see people that do come back. I did go to a meeting last night really enjoy this guy sharing he goes to the saturday morning meeting that i go to first time hearing him do a chair, i could relate to a lot of things. Sorry i have not got much time, but i did say at the end about me getting panic attacks and did not know, when i started work i use to fear so much that i use to make myself nearly past out and having tht drink made it all go away, But i said today AA has given me the courage to speak in front of a crown which i could never of done or dream of doing without passing out feel dizzy and without a drink inside me. How wonderful is that. have to share more another day.
      Love 2u all.x
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Catch: I've discovered so much stength inside that I didn't know I had until I put the drink down. While I was drinking I had multiple fears which were increasing every day. I started drinking to get more courage only to have it all turn on me as the years of drinking went along.

Last night's meeting were speakers from another women's meeting nearby. I heard some very good program. I again heard about having to continue going to meetings even into multiple years of sobriety. There are no guarantees that we'll stay sober. Anyone can relapse.

Mary
        October 3, 2012

Comment

hi catch and teach,resentfulnesss is a tuff one,in AA they just have a concept that either works for one or it doesnt,as far as buzzers here,i dont think ive ever seen any,i no in treatment they would nt allow you in if you were late,only reason was for discipline,many of us got to that point,undeiscplined cause of our addiction,we didnt care,i havent been to AA since i told them i get the steps,but cant humble myself to the admittance of being an alchoholic,i have had a drinking problem,but that is my feelings,toanyone new,AA is a wonderful program,ive been in and out for 12 years,i even beleive bill and bob desined the program like that,a program for an individual in there own time to accept,your an alchoholic,when you say you are,congratds to both of you folks any to come gyco i will pop in once in a while,cause like AA meetings,im always welcom here

Comment

Greetings all, I'm in Natick, MA this week for work. Missing my home AA meetings.
            Thanks to all of you for being here.
            Love and Peace,
            Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

I am out of town, too, Phil.

I have been traveling every week since November and getting darned tired of it.

I was told today that they are going to pull me off of this account and put me on a brand new one.

I was really hoping for some time off.

This is hard.

Gotta work on that resentment!! :-)

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

hi folks never forget your not alone,odd for me to be up this late happy travelling gykes

Comment

Hi Everyone: Phil, you're in the eastern part of MA. I'm in western Mass. I would be missing my home meetings too. Are you going to meetings here in MA? I can't imagine how you (& you Cindi) do what you do. I worked in the same building for my entire career. I'm sure I would adjust, but remember that you are breaking new boundaries for yourselves. You're travelling, getting the job done, & staying sober. It's not that easy.

Tomorrow is our daughter's biopsy. I woke up in the middle of the night w/an awful headache. Next to my husband, she is the closest person to me in the world. My logical mind tells me that everything will be fine. I have to remember that. I'll be holding down the fort at home while my SIL goes w/Patty to the hosp. Thank God I'm sober & can do it properly.

Yesterday in the supermarket, I met up w/2 of my AA friends. It was so neat to see them out of the rooms, spur of the moment. I love that I can have that instant connection.

Take care one & all.

Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

MARY, once again you and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you all the best.
                    So glad you are there for your daughter sober and clear headed. It does make life clearer.

Winefree

Comment

Mary... Hope all goes well with your daughter biopsy, your in my prayers.

Comment

Hi EVeryone,
                        good to see u Gyco,SometimeS in my mind i think to myself is it just a drinking problem i got , Hmmmm , the other day in group sessions we had to pair up into two's and write down what trigger's we had they give s the word smell anyway besides food, BBQ and smoke and other things, i said to this guy this might sound weird but the smell of petrol lately been giving me a trigger or a craving, i said i know it sound crazy, but i was surprize he said no i can understand what you mean. I never felt that way when i was drinking but over 4months im getting a bit fed up with the ice cream and choc'late it like i want to find another addiction. mybe that my addictive personality coming out in me.
                        Cinders hope you get sometime of work soon.

I forgot to mention the guy that did the chair last monday made me laugh because he said he use to have a cold baths, It funny i can relate to that one, i use to have cold showers in the winter, to wake me up but never seem to last that long, 1hr later i still feel like i need something to get me through the day.
                        I know i need to start my steps soon, but dont know why but im a bit scared also cant get to the nights they do steps because i work.

Keep well and safe everyone, and love 2u All.x

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                          my friend from group sessions is 2wks Af, he said his on a high and it feels like a kid on xmas day. Im so happy for him he started to go AA now and is found it so much better then the last time, the first time he went i couldn't believe that someone recommend him to go to the Highway AA he did his 12 steps in 12hrs and over. on his way home he felt bad and worst of in the first place. His realize his body cant copy no more.
                          I do worry about my other friend she is drinking in moderations and she only drinks weekends, but she said even thou she does not drink a lot she has her limits and Stop she said she still feels like shit the next morning and that scare's her because she feels like if she has a drink it will all go away. But she did say the other day she has not real feelt like a drinking.
                          Mary i see two people from AA at my work place yesterday evening, and one i had to serve and he always makes me laugh i have only got to look at him, he reminds me a little bit if the guy in taxi the mad one.:H (I to love that instant connection) it like a really caring feeling that we have for each other, And i dont think i ever really got that when i use to go to church.
                          Was reading my book on daily meditations last night and come across this one that really stoodout for me. Really made a lot of sense for me, and it working.

If I am for myself, who is for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?
                          Some of us were treated badly as young children and never learned how to live for ourselves. We can see only two choices: either be submissive and caretaking or be abusive and demanding. Many of us have so much guilt and shame that we feel we dont deserve to stand up for ouselves. This program demands that in recovery we be for ourselves. If we don't know how, we learn. If we are unsure, we must experiment. When we make mistakes, we must admit them and know we have a right to be imperfect learners. And we can't be only for ouselves, because that keeps us small and turns us back to where we come from.
                          As we accept ourselves and come to know our imperfections and weaknesses, we understand others better. We are stronger in giving to others and effective because we have a place to stand.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Today, even if i dont't feel good about myself, i will stand up for my dignity as a person.

Everyone have a lo:hvely weekend and Keep Safe.x:l

Comment

Hi everyone! Catch I love that reading you posted.

It's been a crazy busy week and I'm missing you all! Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and that I enjoy reading from all of you, and Mary - I will be saying another prayer for your daughter today.

Hello to Cindi and Phil on the road - hope you are both heading home today for a nice weekend.

Mr. D and I plan to leave for a camping trip today. I'm looking forward to recognizing our joint sobriety anniversary tomorow in the woods somewhere.

Strength and hope,
                            DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG: It's hard to believe that 2 years have passed & you haven't had a single drink. Good for you! I hope you both have a wonderful anniversary.

My daughter went through the biopsy & is in very good spirits. We'll find out the results Mon./Tue.

I'm doing OK w/my life. Staying sober is the biggest benenfit. Tonight I'll go to my BB meeting & know I'll find somehting to identify with.

Mary
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X