X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May we be sober ~ week 3

Hello all!

Time to start week 3 already!

Nothing new going on with me - how about everyone else?
    I'll be back later.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

May we be sober ~ week 3

I can't believe its week 3 already! Hello Lav and everyone, hope we're having a good Monday. I made myself go out for a walk today and the old ankle didn't protest too much, I stuck to flat ground though, haven't dared try the cliffs yet!
    Lav I'm glad you found the Moodgym site interesting - I keep meaning to have a "proper" go at it myself as I'm sure it could be helpful to everyone
    Evening class tonight so might not see you later - take care everybody
    Sooty

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Hi everyone

The weeks are indeed flying. Glad you are becomming more mobile Sooty. Thanks for that link Lav, I must check it out as well.

Did not get to London yesterday because of the volcanic ash. We could have gotten there but would not have been able to get back. Both girls needed to be in school today, one of them is about to do exams so we decided to give it a miss. This is going to be a real pain if it continues.

On a positive note spent most of yesterday in the garden and today so got loads done. Going to have a nice long bath and then bed with my book.

Rustop

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Hi Guys and thanks Lav for starting us off on week 3.

Today has been a mad dash about and the weather has been good, rain forecast for tomorrow so i will have more time to read some posts and see how everyone is doing....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Greetings Rustop, Sooty & Chill,

The rain started this afternoon down this way chill - supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. It's making me feel kind of cooped up, if you know what I mean.

I just chased a bunny out of my garden - he was staring down my broccoli!!!! I looked like an idiot running around in the rain, chasing a bunny.

How's that Boston traffic treating you chill? I hear it can be a real bear........
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Hi everyone

Looks like rain is forecast everywhere. Tired after my long day in the garden yesterday. Think I will take a trip to IKEA, some retail therapy.

Catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Don't complain you guys. I would kill for a rainy day. Spring in the desert is incredibly dry.

I am battling the invasion of the pine tip moth!! Every spring, the end of May, beginning of June they come, hatch, what ever it is that they do. So I wake up this morning. Head downstairs for some coffee and in the stairwell are 20, 30 moths just sitting on the walls and ceiling. Now they're flying around, batting the lamp shade. My kitties are going crazy. Think I'll go for a run. The invasion only lasts for a couple of weeks but it is sure annoying when it's happening.

Well LBH got a swift kick in the pants. We shall see if it was productive. Think reading on the computer is a bigger pain in the a@# than the one I gave her. She has promised to help me shop for a dress to wear to my son's wedding in October. I hope she knows what she's getting into. I currently do not own a single dress!

I'm out of here. The insect world has conquered. Will check in later.

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

You cannot plan the future by the past. ---Edmund Burke

Good Morning friends,

Lav, thank you for getting us started this week. Yesterday flew by before I knew it. I had to leave the house early for a meeting and ran out of time to post. Today, I have another early meeting but made posting a priority!

Sped, thanks for giving it a go with LBH. I understand how it is probably just too difficult for her with her vision problems. Do you know if there is any chance for improvement for her? I really am sorry that she is faced with this struggle. It makes me want to pause and take a moment to feel gratitude for my eye sight and hearing. Mr. Dill wears hearing aids and when he takes them out at night he can't hear hardly anything. I have to get right next to his ear and speak in a regular talking voice if I need to communicate. He can't hear all the wonderful night sounds that I cherish listening to, like tree frogs and crickets and katydids. I'm sad for him. Anyway, as always, give a special greeting to LBH for me. Tell her I still have lovely visions of her driving across the desert in her truck with a dramatic sky for a backdrop.

Rust, how did that retail therapy do you? Did you buy anything?

Chill, you are still Stateside, aren't you? It sounds like you are having a busy and fun visit.
                The news in Europe right now is so interesting. Are you able to use the internet to keep up with it? I go on line to read the UK Times and others.

Sooty, I am very glad your ankle is improved! I can't wait until you're able to do the cliffs once again. I walk the cliffs vicariously through you, just as I keep fit running with our Sped!

Have a great day, all.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Hi there,
                  Joining in here. For me it's finishing week 2, but that's ok. Glad to be a part of it. Just rushing around here. More tomorrow.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Good morning all,

Chilly & damp here today. Shelley, I'd be more than happy to send you some of this weather
                    I also would love to ship a few of my hens to you, they are terrific bug eaters!! They go crazy on the Japanese beetles that descend on us each summer.

Rustop, a trip to Ikea sounds good. I love that place! Think I'll see when my daughter is available to go.

Dill, the school year is almost over, thank God You sound very good this year - keep it up friend

Tulipe, congrats on your 2 AF weeks! Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

I miss hearing from LBH too! I think about her everyday, hope she knows that!

I managed to sleep all through the night, no nightmares, no stress induced hot flashes. I am grateful for that! Still hanging in limbo here trying to keep the resentment from growing & taking over again. That is dangerous territory for me.......definitley no going there again! All I can do is hope & pray that Mr Lav will eventually 'see the light'. He's missing so much in life, it's a shame really.

Well, I'm expecting my DIL & grandson for lunch today, haven't seen them for a few days.
                    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Hello everyone, been busy today but just wanted to pop in and say hi.
                      Glad to see us all doing so well.
                      Dill it seems strange thinking of you reading the Times - we have that paper everyday - Mr S and I do the cryptic crossword with our early morning cup of tea!
                      Off to the library tonight to look up some more distant relatives with a lady I've met at the family history class. The class has actually finished now but a couple of us are doing our own research, its nice to have someone to meet.
                      That reminds me I must look out for next years prospectus as I want to do another class - not sure what .....
                      Have a lovely day folks keep strong and brave
                      love Sooty

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Sooty,

My distant relative sailed from your 'neck of the woods' arriving here in 1630. Here's a link to the webpage that my brother worked for years (until it was hijacked from him by some one else).
                        CLARKE
                        My brother's research is printed in yellow.
                        My husband's ancesters came the the same area but much, much later.

I often wonder what would have happened if he hadn't made the trip to 'New England'. Would I have been incarnated in the homeland??

Wishing everyone a good evening!
                        Tomorrow is Sooty's favorite day of the week
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Lav, How interesting! Thanks for the link. Perhaps you and I are related....my maiden name is Clark (without the "e")!

Soot, yes indeed, I read the UK times online. I also read the UK Guardian. I am not so good at crosswords though. My daughter is great with them! I am more keen on sudoku.

Hello Tulipe! Congrats on your AF time!

Time to go watch Idol!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Dill - I was a Clark without the e too!
                            They dropped the e somewhere along the line.
                            WE'RE PROBABLY ALL ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY, HA HA!!!!!!!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May we be sober ~ week 3

Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Talk health,
                              happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet. Make all your
                              friends feel there is something special in them. Look at the sunny side
                              of everything. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and
                              expect only the best. Be as enthusiastic about the success of others as
                              you are about your own. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on
                              to the greater achievements of the future. Give everyone a smile.
                              Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to
                              criticize others. Be too big for worry and too noble for anger.

--Christian D. Larsen

Good Morning!

Lav! LOL, We're sisters!!! I grew up with all brothers, so it's great to find my 'sister'!

Have a great day everlyone!
                              Dill

Comment

Working...
                              X