Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

Afternoons guyz,

See no thread yet so thought I'd start it again.

Had a great evening last night and a nother good day so far today. Am so glad that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, what goes up does come down but what goes down goes up again as well. So happy to be in a happier place right now.

Hope you all have a stunning AF day!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

Good morning johnny & all Ab Fabbers,

Glad your day was a success johnny! Living a sober life is rewarding, well worth the effort

Overcast with showers here today but that's OK. I am expecting a visit from a very old friend today. We can relax inside & catch up.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

Hello fabbie abbies! Thanks for getting us started today johnny. You are so right about ups and downs of life. If we just learn to ride the waves sober, everything will be OK. Glad you had fun at your party!

So Lav - how do the flower beds look today? Fabulous I bet! I hope you are not sore! (I would be sore..) Have fun with your friend!!

We cut the camping trip short. It had lots of ups and downs in a very very short period of time!! This really is a cool place. Starved Rock State Park - Starved Rock State Park Taking a long hike around some of the "popular" (aka more crowded) sites as well as some of the more out of the way (aka muddy!) trails was fabulous. It was a great way to spend our 2 year sober anniversary. There was lots of up and down hiking (who would have thunk that in IL!!) and there is just NO WAY I had the fitness for it two years ago. I wasn't even breathing hard. (Mr. Doggy was breathing harder than me ) I gave myself 3 Weight Watchers Activity Points.

But...camping with 5 dogs is just no fun. It's pretty constant dog management. Mr. D's puppy (the one currenty in my avatar) was on a long leash outside for some air. He chewed through the leash (and it was made out of mountain climbing caliber rope) and took a tour of the camp ground area. We were lucky to 1) find him and 2) have no injuries to him or other dogs or people. He's friendly, but as of yet has no manners around other dogs or people. So, we're back home. Our truck has blown a head gasket somewhere along the way. So an expensive repair is on the agenda for this week. See what I mean about highs and lows? For that to happen on my 2 year anni I don't think was coincidence. It was a very stark reminder that I CAN handle the stuff of life without AL. But it was also a reminder that I have quite a ways to go in my personal growth. Nobody died or anything, but my level of "peace loss" was pretty significant last night.

Anyway...that's my anni day in a nutshell. Today the sun in shining and I'm going to go pick some lettuce out of the garden. Then we will go to my Mom and Dad's who are graciously lending us a vehicle for the week. Life really is good. I need to start realizing that more, even when it isn't "perfect."

One thing is for sure - there will be no drinking for me today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

Jeez DG. Sounds like a fiasco. I always say that vacation with children is not a vacation. Rather, it's a change of venue. Sounds the same for dogs. Sounds like you took it in stride. It's so true...when you are AF, the highs and the lows are not so dramatic. We see them as they truly are--a part of life. And, we don't need to drink over them.

Good Morning Johnnyh. Happy that you are feeling better. I am impressed that you reached out to folks when you were feeling down and had urges to drink. This is so important!!

Lav, how is the hubby doing? More importantly, how are you doing. I really have admired how you have stayed steady through all of this.

Off to a yoga class this morning. Then I'm taking my little one to see The Velveteen Rabbit. Should be fun although I do not like being indoors when the weather is warm.

Speaking of indoors (or outdoors). I am an avid outdoors person. I just found out that I have a malignant melanoma on my arm. Fortunately, it is in it's early stages. I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and will hopefully get this cut out soon. A friendly reminder to wear your sunscreen and keep applying it!!!

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

M3, I am so sorry to hear about he melanoma!!! I hope the surgery goes smoothly and they get it all.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

Pants! I lost my post. Have to get back out to the tundra. Zoom.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

Good beautiful morning from sunny 70 degree nebraska!!

I cannot believe my mood level has gone up about 75% since the sun came out. It was 92 degrees here yesterday! (And then it blew 50 MPH) I just feel better and have more energy! Yippee!!
              Thanks for the reminder M3. Wow, malignant melanoma is serious business--get that out of there ASAP!!!! Now that I am older and more worried about the negative effects of the sun rather than my glowing tan, I am pretty good about the sunscreen. It is too bad they put so many fillers, preservatives and fragrance in there to make it almost as unsafe as too many UV rays! I did find some Zinc Oxide that goes on clear SPF 50 that I use on my face. I had regular 30 on my arms yesterday and they burned just a little. But, forgot about the back of my neck. OUCH!
              Glad you're feeling better Johnny. There are a lot of ups and downs during this process. The support on this site really helps with that!
              Hubby and I had a conversation last evening (I know, don't fall off your computer chair) about parents letting their kids drink and how stupid it is. I am really glad he is on my side on this one, because I feel really strongly about it now. I always wondered what I would do when me kids got older, and now I know. I tell them it is absolutely unacceptable! They'll probably try it, but not because they think I think it's ok. I guess there was a big drinking party at one of the senior's parent's house the other day. Lots and lots of underage drinking, driving and Lord knows what else. I don't know where the parent's were, but I'm going to do a little investigating.
              Sunday school is out for the summer and it is kind of nice not to have to rush around and get going on a Sunday morning. But, lots to do later!
              DG--I am envious that you are getting crops OUT of your garden. I have yet to get any seeds IN! Getting closer though!

Have a great day all! :h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

OK I got sidetracked by the juicer. Mmmmm!! carrots, celery, apple, ginger, spinach, cucumber. And a hot pepper sardine sandwich in honor of det's birthday. I feel so good I may do the NEIGHBOR'S shrubs. :H I put the juicer on the counter where the coffeemaker was. Coffeemaker's still out, but less prominent.

Our overcast day turned sunny. Sunscreen? Check. I tend to forget the backs of my hands. m3 my GF is having that done on arms, hands, legs and it is serious stuff. I wear solar fishing shirts on days like today when I'm in the sun a good bit. And a huge straw hat. My Katherine Hepburn look.

GAWD that juice was good!!!

DG the park looked great. I think the peaks are higher and the valleys are less valley since AF. Except a blown head gasket. That's a ravine.

Lav, i was so sore last night I got out of bed to take ibuprofen. RARE for me to do!

Johnnyh, good stuff on the upswing!

marshy, how was the bike outing?
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily, Sunday 23 May

hot pepper and sardine? you rock Greeneyes! in fact all you loverly peeps rock....so there!

Dx and I slept in and .....(this part censored) a hem....

and now.... we are off to the movies! wooo wooooo! I'm going to drink Starbucks, eat popcorn and make out with my cutie in the theatre. life is grand.

be well my fellow AF party goers
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X