Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Another day, another X on the calendar.

Had a sleepless angry night last night. Tried to let go of my negative thoughts, but I could not resolve them easily. I guess that can happen to anyone. I attribute it to the decaf coffee at a cafe after dinner that perhaps was NOT decaf. The rats!

Hope everyone else had a peaceful night!
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Ab fabbers!

Gaia - I've read that it can help to write things down if you can't sleep. Get up, jot down what's on your mind, then go back to bed. The theory is that the writing down offloads it from your mind and you can forget about it until you wake up. That's the theory anyway!

I had a good weekend with my cycling group out in the country. Very hot, though, and I had to push my bike up a few hills. Lots of very pretty little villages with the pub and church next to the village green. We stopped here for tea. There weren't any sheep on the green when we were there!

At one pub one of the group went off to get drinks and she bought me a Coke by mistake (I'd asked for lemonade). Haven't had Coke since I was about 10 and didn't think I liked it. But with loads of ice of a hot day - not bad! Another drink for my repertoire. Haha. Talking of soft drinks, I was sent a sample of a new AF drink made with acai grapes. I opened it and it smelled just like red wine - that slightly vinegary, acidic smell. I had to double check the label to make sure there was no alcohol in it. There wasn't but it tasted so like wine that I only had a swig and didn't want to drink the rest.

I'm off to swim in the sunshine. :rays::rays::rays:

DG - Glad you and Mr D enjoyed your anniversary even if the dogs had other ideas!

Mom0f3 - hope your treatment is speedy and efficient.

Greenie - I can picture you in the Katherine Hepburn get-up!

Have a good day all!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Good Day all!!

Had a weired night myself. Dreaming loads of crap once again, including one of my 'drunken dreams'. Just when you least expect it.

Sounds like you had a fantabolous weekend Marshy.

Nothing like a ice cold glass of coke once in a while. I can't drink the stuff all the time either tho. Somehow too acidic. (says the ex compulsive obsessive wine drinker. lol).
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Morning Ab Fabbers,

Last night was a crap night for me too!!!!
        Funny how that happens to so many of us at the same time. In my case I was set off by an email from my MIA spouse - no comment.

I have a bit of work then babysitting my grandson on my schedule today.
        I have a feeling I will be exhausted tonight

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Hey Lav,

You mind if I bring my bratz around to?!! I could do with a night off
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

moooooaaaaaannnnn.........

Four more shrubs to go. Last night I was in bed before my nieghbor finished mowing his lawn. :H Someone comes at 10 to do an estimate. I hope to have the yard sale the first weekend in June. I'm at that point right now that I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it is pure faith as I can't see it. This house is an ODAT thing. :H

Marshy I'm envious of your cycling adventure! I know what you mean about the coke. Give me one over ice on a hot day and I could do a commercial!

Hi Johnny, gaia, lav and all to come.

Going to crawl around the shrubs now.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Hi back again,

Momof3 - good luck with the procedure. I'm having the same thing done on Wednesday morning! Yes, everyone, use the sunscreen. There are only two kinds of people - those who have some sort of skin cancer (malignant or benign) and those who WILL have it.

I Know what you mean about vacations just being a change of venue - have you ever tried Club Med? First real vacation since kids were born. No cooking, cleaning up, washing, organizing. Heaven. Just gotta watch out as AL if free all day long and readily available. No one seems to overindulge, though, or at least not before I go to bed at 10:00. I'm sure it gets wilder after that.

Lav keep up the good work - think how good it will look when it's finished!

Marshy I like the photo. Haven't had a Coke in decades either. Hmm. Something to think about.

Onward ho now...
              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Hello fabbie abbies! Gaia, thanks for getting us started today! Sleepless angry nights are no fun at all. But it's better than a wicked hangover and bunch of regrets, eh?? Sorry to hear that there was a rash of strange dreaming last night!! I'm happy that my night passed quietly in my mind. My mind can be a scary place sometimes! I like it when the lights seem to be out in there too at night.

Gaia I'm sorry you have a melanoma too!!!! I don't know if I do the right thing or not. I tan a little bit (never more than 10 minutes a day) all year long, several times a week. What this means is that I never ever ever ever ever burn. Never. Before I started doing this, I wold always manage to get some kind of burn. I would forget my sunscreen or forget to reapply it, or some little body part would get exposed that wasn't covered, etc. Now I don't even burn the tip of my nose or the top of my ears - ever. Oy. I just hope you and M3 come out OK.

Marshy, that piccy is awesome! Sad you didn't get to see the sheep! Yum. Coke over crushed ice. That is really good out of a soda fountain gizmo rather than a bottle or can. Now I'm wondering how many Weight Watcher points that would be. :H

Weight Watchers + Curves is working - I'm almost back to my fighting weight. Look out world! The skinny jeans are a comin'. Or make that skinny shorts. Second day over 90 here - summer has definitely arrived! (in May. Yikes)

Greenie, Mr. Doggy added headlights to his lawnmower. :H Did your neighbor do that? Have fun whacking at the bushes today! That is one yard chore I adore.

johnny, how old are your bratz?

Lav, have a blast with the energizer bunny today! Sorry to hear about the e-mail from the Mr. I hope he comes to his senses soon.

I talked to my sponsor this morning (first time since Friday) and that was nice. I haven't been to an AA meeting since last Thursday and I'm feeling it in my crazy noggin. I will be going tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and also getting my head on straight!!!!

I'm working on not being mad at Mr. D for being so horrid about doing regular maintenance on the truck he drives. The one that is in the shop today probably getting about a $3,000 repair job. Maybe that break down would have occurred anyway, but I'm one to like the precaution of regular maintenance in the hopes that it might save a huge repair bill down the road. But....it's not his job in life to do things my way. So I'm trying to get some peace about me so I can at least discuss possible changes to the vehicle maintenance strategy CALMLY! Rather than my current state of :nutso:

OK - I'm off to Curves to earn a few extra weight watchers activity points. I plan to spend them on some ice cream today. Or maybe an icy Coke.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Hey DG,

My kids are 3 yrs and 8 mhts. both boys. Sleepless nights and hectic days is all I will say.

Thanks for reminding me, my car's actually overdue for a service.

Gaia, Mom of 3. I've recently had an excision done. I was lucky though and it turned out not to be melanome. I can only second to what you're saying about the sunscreen. The sun is carcinogenic. You gotta watch out everyone!! This crap is real.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

johnnyh and gaia, Count me in on the bad night. I had an absolutely horrible dream last night and woke up at 2 a.m. beside myself. Then I realized it was only a dream. Got up had a drink of water and went back to bed. I am going to keep a journal by my bed to record this crazy stuff. Or maybe not..... But better a crazy dream than waking up and realizing I don't remember going to bed and we have guests in the house.....
                    Don't let the dreams OR the bedbugs get to ya!

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Hello all!
                      Geez, hope you get a better sleep tonight Johnny, Gaia, and Prancy.
                      Had a little thing cut out of my arm on wednesday too. First time, doesn't look serious, and doc said if i haven't rang you by friday, it's all clear. I'd better ring and double check though, to be sure.

A safe, sober, and magical day to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

johnny - is your 8 month old walking yet? AKA are they to the stage of running in opposite directions yet?

Here's to a good night sleep for everyone! I'm having a diet Cherry Coke in honor of Marshy's weekend bike ride.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

whew! heck of a workout today. going to sleep well. you all do the same

xxxxxx
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Just popping in to say its coming up to a full moon (Thursday), so that might explain some of the disturbing dreams. Keep a dream diary, can be interesting!

Bets.
                            x
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 24

Doggygirl;866646 wrote: I'm having a diet Cherry Coke in honor of Marshy's weekend bike ride.
                              Ah, you've reached a level of sophistication that I can only aspire to. I bought some diet Coke in the supermarket yesterday and saw they had citrus flavours, but I thought that might be a bit racy for a beginner :H
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                              X