AF Daily - Friday May 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Oh - one other thing. Gaia, if you DID sneak off and have a couple of drinks, how would that make the party or after the party or things with Mr. T or things the next day any different or better?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Look, ok, i may wear a sleek, svelte, silky blue kimono on occassion, AND, catch myself in a mirror a little more often than yer average joe when out in public, but i do not, i repeat, do not, wear curler's in my hair......;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Chillgirl and DG, many thanks for responding. I once went to Italy for a month AF with family members who had wine at lunch, early evening and dinner and then nightcaps. I did a LOT of driving. It was very hard and I remember reciting that serenity prayer over and over. But I never had a hangover, I never burst into tears about old family problems, I didn't fall down....Those are good things! LOL. When you are an alcoholic, you don't have to climb too high to have things look better.
        prancy

Comment

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Everything is SO much better for me these day's now i don't drink Prancy. There is still life and the odd drama, but geez, it's all much easier to handle and deal with now. And deal with it i do, rather than drinking over it, and the problem is of course still there the next day.
          AF life just rock's. I cannot find a negative anywhere.

Best wishes, strength, and clarity to you on your journey. You are doing it, and you will get there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Wow! I have missed a ton of stuff, eh? Sorry I haven't checked in guys - life has been so bloody hectic lately. I did fall off the wagon - not gonna lie to you guys. I went away on holidays (which was desperatly needed) and those pina coladas got the best of me. Granted I did not once have too many which is still a step in the right direction. Spent the entire week sober (by that I mean I did have some drinks but not once got drunk). Since I've been back I've been dealing with the same - work stress, house renovations. It's been okay, I haven't gotten drunk once but haven't had more than 2 AF days in the past 2 weeks which is ..........frig, I don't even know to be honest. Greeny I think I lost my mindset. Gotta get that back. Thought I should check in here.

Love you guys!

I'm off to paint (woo hoo - oh yeah, so excited, can you tell?)

Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Uni, it's progressive. Don't ever let your brain fool you. It's progressive.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday May 28

Uni - good to see you back. I'm glad nothing bad happened due to the drinking and I'm especially glad you got a vacation.

Be careful.... AL is a wiley one. (which I know is why you came to check in - so you know that!!!)

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X