Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Super Sunday May 30

Welcome to Super Sunday!
    Another day, another rain shower, but that's OK because it's another notch in the AF belt. Or rather my lipstick case, if I had one.
    I did not have any AL at the party last night. It was not difficult, actually, although I noticed whose breath smelled bad at the START of the evening. At dinner, I immediatly poured my water into my wine glass so no one would pour wine into it, and I could still toast. That worked well.
    Then, after dinner, I got bored and we left before too late.
    I feel good about this, but I also feel that the battle is by no means won. The threat is still just behind me, and I measure it seriously.
    Well on to read the paper.
    Bye for now.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Congratulation's Gaia! That's a great acheivement. It can be done, and you've set the precedent.

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Gaia!!! :yougo::yougo::yougo: You are on your way to establishing a very important new habit! Social situations AL free! I too get easily bored at parties where drinking is the central focus. In my case, this has made me contemplate how boring my former AL soaked life really was, and how boring as a person I was. (I was a shallow puddle of AL!) I'm so grateful to be growing beyond that. Also, when I realized how boring it is to just sit around drinking and shooting the shit, I am far less concerned about how might think *I* am boring since I don't drink any more. Anyway...to quote G, BRAVO!!!

So what are you up to today G?

I spent hours yesterday putting flowers in pots! I ran out of dirt so need to get another bag today in order to finish the job. I wish I had more plant stands and interesting pots but I think I will start collecting some of those once things go on sale, which won't be too long the way the shopping seasons go! I hope the plants grow full and end up looking nice.

Mr. D did not make it to dog training yesterday as he was tired from working REALLY late Friday night. So he slept in then did all the yard work he had planned originally for Monday. So now he's at dog training today. So I'm on my own and looking forward to a day of AA, probably breakfast someplace with some of the gang, then a little dirt shopping and gardening, and then maybe lazing around with a book. HEAVEN!! One thing is for sure, there is no drinking AL on the agenda today. There WILL be some fresh lemonade with Stevia though. Yum!

Have a wonderful AF day one and all!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

super sunday... used to be an excuse for drinking.... not today thank you.
        about the sitting around with drinking being the main entertainment. yes that is boring. ive only been with people drinking a few times...... errrr.... the same old bollocks.. BORING. yes i had a fear of being boring in sobriety.... it is the complete opposite really. i dont want to be that person anymore, i want to do stuff. been out cycling this morning and i loved it.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Morning abbers!

Gaia, I echo Mr G and DG and I'm THRILLED for you!!!! :happy::wd::thumbs: The AF social event is an invaluable experience to have in your AF repertoire! It will always be with you to strengthen you in the future. Great job!!

I mentioned I'm returning the dog sitting favor for neighbors. One gave me a key to keep for "just in case". This is probably because of seeing me settle down over the past couple years. (Maybe it was because of the banana and zucchini bread :H) It WAS however, AFTER the street ballet in the bathrobe. Really, though it's a level of trust and undoubtedly AF has to do much with that.

There is a beautiful heavy fog this AM. Soon as the rice cooker finishes, I'm going to take little doggie to the park by the river and walk the trails along the bank.

DG, we have a couple places where you can paint your own clay pot and they fire it for you. They have all the materials, stencils, etc.

Have a grand AF day!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey spuds! Good on you for cycling! I need to get front brakes adusted and I NEED to start riding!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Ab Fabbers,

Very warm & sunny here today, the AC is on

Congrats on your AF evening Gaia! Feels good to get the first couple your belt - it helps to build your confidence.

Happy gardening & cycling to everyone today. There are so many things we can do AF & actually enjoy!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in on a beautiful Sunday in California.
                My husband has been gone for a week and I thought he was going to be home last night. Apparently not until the 31st. He swears he told me but I don't remember it. Maybe he did.
                Anyway, I was feeling a little put off, a lot lonely and a bit angry last night. And that turned into restlessness and thoughts of how deprived I am not to be able to have a few glasses of wine. I got up, put the dogs in the car, drove to the beach where there were gazillions of people - a bit to my surprise. We walked on the boardwalk for about an hour and then came home. Ate some crappy Mexican food and went to bed. So now, with great pride, I can say I am Day 12 AF!
                Have a great Sunday to all.
                prancy

Comment

GREAT Prancy - You have every reason to be proud. You have a GREAT Sunday too!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Prancy,
                    Well done! Glad you enjoyed the walk on the boards. MUCH better than a few glasses, huh?
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Prancy & Gaia - I just want to say well done to you both, weekends are especially hard and you both did great! Here's to many more hangover free ones......
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello Abber's!
                        Yep, great work Prancy! For me, especially in the earlier af day's, just getting out that front door, and going somewhere, anywhere, just doing something else, anything, would force my mind set to change, even for a few minutes/half hour, then i'd usually be fine, as strength, resolve, and my vision of why i wanted to stop drinking returned.

DG, aside from reading 'Bathrobe banter', vol 5, iss. 17, June 2010, i worked on sunday, which i do every 2nd w/kend. I work with people ina community health sort of role, and i love it, so w/kend work occassionally is no great hassle for now. Just happy to off the booze, and through that decision and action, got myself a day job i love. Making music in the evenings still, of course. On yer bike Greenie!

A safe, sober evening to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

techie, love the new avatar. I may indeed beam up.
                          prancy

Comment

you make me smile...goodnight prancy I need to go pickup my niece
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks Gaia, the wonderful, simple tips picked up on MWO are great. Pouring water into your wine glass right away at a restaurant or social gathering, what a great idea! No one continually trying to fill your glass with wine.
                              Last weekend I had red juice in a wine glass all evening. I had planned it ahead of time. Someone commented at the beginning of the party, "oh I see you started before us" I laughed and admitted it was juice and carried on but no one else questioned it. I think it made everyone else think I was partying along right with them. I had more fun than I ever had getting drunk. I also made sure I had a way smaller wine glass than everyone else so I didn't drink out of someone elses glass by mistake and end up drinking wine.
                              A little bit of planning ahead but it sure beats the old waking up the next day with anxiety over what you did the night before and having no idea.
                              AF since April 19, 2010
                              NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                              -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Working...
                              X