X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Tues June 1

JACKRABBIT!!!

And a totally AF Tuesday to all!

Now I'll be confused all week because this feels like a Monday. Which is fine really, because I love Mondays.

My task avoidance abilities amaze me. Didn't do squat about the yard sale. No that's not true; I did read enough on google to fuel the avoidance. :H 30% chance of rain Saturday - what do you think? (pulling on big girl pants here) Here's the thing though.... this avoidance behavior used to be accompanied by AL in copious amounts creating more angst. More angst = more AL = more angst, etc. Clear headed angst is always better.

Dill, it's always a treat to see you here.

Uni, how about checking in, GF?

Hey ho to everyone to come along. May you have a tantalizing tuesday!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily Tues June 1

Morning Ab Fabbers,

I'm with you in the confusion Greenie - Monday holidays always throw me off!
    I'm pretty skilled in the art of avoidance as well! Over the years I have found I usually do my best work under pressure - the last minute sort of thing

Speaking of last minute - I do need to get to work this morning. Keep those customers happy Lav, keep them happy!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Hi Greenie & Lav - Glad to see lots of this fine day!

I've decided to join in the online dating scene which looks like a complete minefield! The computer works out the amount you have in common and spits out the most suitable candidates.... I will keep you posted with my progress!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Chill I know a couple people who did that and married the pick. That's pick p-i-c-k.
        :H:H:H:H:H
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

I've been visiting Terry this weekend. She is better but still has a very long road ahead of her. Thank you all for praying for us! It has been nice to be home and spend some time with my family. Memorial day was beautiful in many ways.
          Greenie I just wanted to comment on the garage sale and you can PM me if you want more advice. I've done several now where I only price the big $ items. The other stuff when they ask how much I shoot them an amount and they will usually ask for a lesser price and then decide how bad bad you want to repack it and keep for another 5 years. IMO pricing everything is a huge waste of time!
          I'm going to keep this short since I'm typing on my phone and I better get packed and ready to head home later.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Hello there,
            It's late already and I'm going to sleep soon. Yawn. Just wanted to check in.
            Greenie a garage sale is lots of work. Like the idea of less angst with no AL. How true.
            Chill good luck with the dating service. Let us know what bites.
            Hi Lav hope your day is a goond one.
            LV hope Terry is doing ok.
            Until tomorrow.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Hi Abbie Fabbies! Greenie, thank you for getting us started today with vibes of procrastination. I put the "pro" in procrastination. Especially back when I drank. It's much less of an issue now! Here is my suggestion re: the garage sale. Forget about it! Donate it to charity! I too will spend the week being confused over what day it is.

LVT - I am so happy to hear that your sister is doing a bit better. Keep hope!! Oh - it would have taken me 3 hours to type that post on my phone!

Lav, hope your work went smooth and that your customers are floating on cloud 9!!!

Chill, I met Mr. Doggy through an on-line dating service. I actually met several men who were really decent guys that way. Much better than what one meets in a bar at our age! (29) Will be interested in how it goes. Keep us posted! I'm sure that scene has changed a ton since I did it. (well, yesterday of course - when I was 29!) My brother is dating a woman he met through an on-line service and she is very nice.

Gaia, I hope you sleep well tonight! Hope you had a good day.

Was so nice to see Det and Dill yesterday!

Where is Mr. G with that slinky bathrobe? The Daily AF thread has much higher attendance when there is the threat of a half nekkid man around. Speaking of which...Deter, what kind of a bathrobe do YOU have? (why do I think he is going to show up and say he doesn't wear one?????)

I had a busy day of just running around with mostly un-stressful stuff. AA, groceries, weigh in at Weight Watchers, (only up 1 pound from last week which is amazing considering my badness!), eye doctor. Well, lets talk about the eye doctor. I need to consider that laser surgery because I probably covered the cost of doing one eye, or maybe two, with the purchase of one pair of regular glasses and one pair of sunglasses today. And they aren't even THAT spectacular looking. Hardly any rhinestones at all. YIKES glasses are $$$$$$$$$

He also took pictures of my eyeballs so had to have the stuff put in my eyeballs that dilates 'em. About make me sick to my stomach afterwards my vision felt so strained! I will be glad to go to bed early tonight.

Worked out at Curves which is always good. Mr. D just got home so will sign off here soon and make some dinner. AF Life is good.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Hello All and Happy Tuesday,

I had the melanoma removed from my arm which I am very happy about. Have quite a large incision on my arm which is rather sore right now. The yoga retreat was awesome and very intense. The yoga teacher was Seane Corn who apparently a well known international yoga teacher and activist. I did not know much about her til I went to this training.

Seane Corn and the Vinyasa Flow - Video - Oprah.com

LVT Happy to hear that Terry is a little better. It is great that you are present and sober.

Greenie, Gaia hope all is well.

Chillgirl...online dating. Wow. Never got into it because it was before my time. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out.
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

M3, glad to see that your surgery went well. When you are up to it, I would love to hear more details about your retreat!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Hi DG, Just posted a link in my previous post describing Seane Corn's vinyasa style of yoga. She has an incredible story. A former druggie and victim of sexual abuse as a young child, she had completely transformed her life.

The retreat was all about detoxifying your body physically and emotionally through holding yoga postures that are designed to detoxify your internal organs and release tension and deep emotions stored in the body. We did yoga 4 - 5 hours each day. I am no stranger to challenging my body but this weekend kicked my arse (in a good way). I met lots of awesome women during this workshop as well.

The program was held at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. Incredibly beautiful place that I have always wanted to go to. One of the many benefits of being AF.

Wellness - Personal Growth and Mind, Body, Spirit - Omega Institute
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

mo3 - I have heard lots about the Omega institute, your retreat sounds awesome!
                      I used to practise Vinyasa yoga 3/4 times a week but have let it fall by the way side as I concentrated on more strenuous carido workouts. Now Im determined to get back to my yoga and have been busy getting all the timetables in my area.... next week im at it!!!
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Good for you Chillgirl. I have been taking flow classes about 3 times per week and I am determined to get back into running more to get more cardio work in.
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Good Evening, Abbers!

Good to see you all doing so well. Momof3, I hope your incision heals quickly.

Lav, I went straight away to a well stocked nursery and found the chocolate mint! (This discussion is from the May We Be Sober thread, fellow abbers, but I think you'll all be interested.) Oh my, it is amazing stuff! There were other interesting plants, so I picked up the chocolate mint and also a lime mint. I think I will need to have a mint garden. I already had lemon balm, spearmint and peppermint. Now I have 5 varieties!

DG, I know couples that met through on line services. It's a really good option in today's world. Much better than hanging out in bars! LOL!

Hi ya' Greenie, Chill, Giai and LVT. Peace and strength!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

Glad you found the chocolate mint Dill - think of the possibilities
                            A mint garden sounds like a great idea.........at least we'll all have fresh breath, ha ha!!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Tues June 1

yes I have a bath robe! and wear it once in a while to boot!

it's green in color, so that I can hide in a field of basil. or guacamole perhaps.

Momof3, that camp sounds wonderful.

off to pick up Dx from the airport in another hour and a half. going to be a late one, but I'm so excited

be well
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X