• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Good Morning AF-ers

How are we all this fine Sunday?

-Mo3 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bday3::bday2: HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY...... xxx

Lav - I feel for you with that ivy, does it itch? I thought it can be pretty serious dont you have to take medication?

Greenie - Surely not still selling?!?

I have had a great response to my online dating in just one week! One or two promising possibilities, my problem is they are all in the UK so meeting for a coffee is a little more difficult but not impossible! DG did you have to meet lots before you found Mr DG?

Have a great day Guys :l
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Good Morning Chill,

I give you lots of credit for being brave enough to do online dating. I am way too chicken. :H

Hi Lav-How's the poison ivy? Glad Mr. Lav showed up to cut the grass.

Greenie, how was your garage sale? Did you make lots of $$$.

Happy Belated Birthday to Mom of 3!!!!

Well, guys, it's Day 8 AF for me. The longest I've ever gone without drinking. All I can say is, I can't believe I was able to do this....but life AF is so much better!

Spuddleduck-how are you??? I liked your last post in response to Katie B's binge. You always say the wisest things.

Have a wonderful AF Day everybody! I am off on another work trip-Ohio again!

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Hello Chilly, Rusty, and all to come,

Congratulations on your af time Rusty. That is a huge acheivement!
      Best wishes on the dating Chilly! I agree, nothing's impossible.
      Happy birthday M3!

A grand af day to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Hi G,

Thank you for all your support. When I am feeling like my resolve isn't stronge enough, I go back and read some of your posts because they are so wise and compassionate.

Well you guys, I have to get to the airport....have a wonderful AF day everybody

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

splendid sober sunday here. seem to have avoided the forecast rain here so ill be in the garden today. get the bloody weeds out, i dont envy lavs poison ivy.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Oh thanks Rusty. But i'm as wise as a horses arse! Safe travel's....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Guitarista;878908 wrote: Oh thanks Rusty. But i'm as wise as a horses arse! Safe travel's....
              SMARTASS EH? :H:H:H:H
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

greeneyes;878914 wrote: SMARTASS EH? :H:H:H:H
                You know i am Greenie!

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Hello everyone,
                  Well banter aside, happy Sunday. I am feeling pretty good today, and trying to keep problems from being problems.
                  Rustry great job on the AF days. Keep up the good work.
                  Chill you are a brave one, but I'm glad you are getting interesting results. I look forward to hearing how the first face to face encounters go.
                  Lav I hope your skin calms down.
                  M3 Happy Birthday!
                  Off to do some stuff...
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Morning fabbie abbies!!

The garage sale was a riot! From my end anyway. I love people, they are so amazing. I told people all kinds of far fetched off-the-cuff stories about why they needed whatever it was they were looking at, I was cracking myself up. Nevertheless, some people try to communicate by grunts. Why is that? I got the grunters to talk, but it was work I tell you!

I told two women, both of whom admired the intricate work of a gorgeous cloisonne bracelet but decided it was too weighty (which is why I don't wear it) that if they didn't buy the bracelet my sister sent me from Japan I was taking it back in the house. Then they argued over who wanted it! :H 50 cents.

One woman asked about a bunch of little plastic film containers. I said they were free but she had to buy something. :H She bought a celery crisper. She uses the canisters to make alka seltzer rockets. Now that's right up my ally! I cant' wait to try that. 25 cents.

One woman went on and on about a fat candle that had flowers in the wax. She bought a beach chair and something else (still going on about the candle)- they were going to the beach the next day. Paid me and asked me if I'd throw in the candle. "Sure! I know you'll love it!" She was thrilled over getting that candle. Grinning all the way to the car holding up the candle like a trophy, bursting to tell her friends she got the candle for free! 25 cents.

LVT I did price things and you were right about the value of things. I quickly understood the idea of pricing things with the idea of people thinking "I don't really need or want this, but for $X I'll take it anyway". So I repriced things throughout the sale. Oh and I sold all my AL stuff at asking price :H I declared their quality and confessed to only parting with them because I gave up my evil ways. :H

So anyway, I got rid of a lot of stuff, made $300, but the experience was priceless!

I went to bed at 4:30 in the afternoon.

Happy birthday m3!! Have a fabbie day!

Chill, that's great news on the dating scene! I'm dying to know details of the whole experience. Like what kind of info is shared, etc. Nobody in Portugal?? Darn!

Safe travels Rusty; :upset: about your poison ivy lav; spuds today I am NOT working outside; uni BGPs in the mail to you; DG I sold my unused dehydrater someone had given me years ago, marshy what's the plan with the potential date? gaia how are you holdingup? hey ho to everyone else.

In the comics today, Dilbert, Luanne, and Foxtrot are worth the price of the paper.

HAve a glorious day!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Top o the mornin' abbie fabbies!!! This is a zoom zoom but wanted to with M3 a Happy Flu-less Birthday!!! :day5::bday3::bday2:

Greenie, I love your description of the garage sale. You are making me want to have one, and that is one powerful sales job you've done on me. And I'm jealous of the woman who got your heavy bracelet. I would have paid you double for it sight unseen.

Chill, I met several men for lunch or coffee before I met Mr. D in person. But he was one of the early ones I connected with, and we e-mailed for quite a while and then exchanged phone numbers and chatted by phone for quite a while before we arranged to meet. Once we met, we only spent one night apart between then and when we got married. :egad: Not sayin' I recommend that!!

I did meet men that were interesting and busy doing things - no time for the kind of excessive drinking that I was enjoying at the time.......

Lav, next time you see estranged one, please let him know he is very fortunate to be estranged from you and not me, OK? You are so nice.

Happy AFness to all. Hope to be back later. I'm off to the 5K walk with the Weight Watchers crew. It's a national thing.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Ab fabbers!

Momof3 - Happy birthday!

Greenie - your sale sounds like a hoot! If you were selling things for 25/50c you must have shifted a hell of a lot of stuff to make $300!
                        (Potential date is moving at glacial pace.)

Chill - we should set up a speed-dating night in London. Bunch of men for you, bunch of women for me - it would be a riot! :H Failing that, I might plunge into the internet thing too.

Have a fun day all!
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Good morning Ab Fabbers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M3 - hope you are flu-free

For those asking - yes, I am still itching, unfortunately. This type of rash runs a two week course (no matter what you do). Ugh!

DG, good luck with your 5K Walk today. I would love to do that but not in this heat & humidity - I'd be miserable.

For those of you looking for a date online - good luck! Right now I think hell would have to freeze over before I ever go looking for another relationship - can't handle the one I have. I'm not havong nice thoughts about Mr Lav today. His visit yesterday left me wondering why I bother with him at all. He is one chronically depressed person, I can't get thru to him no matter how hard I try.

I am looking forward to an afternoon & dinner with the newest love in my life
                          Of course it will be a lot nicer once he's potty trained

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Hi Everyone-I think this is my first post on this thread and I believe I've earned it-Today I am 30 days AF!! I should be 90 but that's another story

It's been a great 30 days. I started a journal in the General section and posted to it every day except yesterday but I made up for it this morning. I've never been a journaler so this has been a great experience. I've learned all sorts of things this month: what my triggers are and how to get through them, why I drank and why I can't anymore and most of all-I can jog and not die :H !!

It's a rainy but not gloomy day here in New England (as opposed to the rain = gloom and doom of last month) and I'm being very lazy after a vacation week filled with projects and activities. The pups sure are enjoying the lie down today!! Back to work tomorrow :upset:. Got to figure a way to become my own boss!!

Have a great day everyone and thanks for being here and so supportive of all of us.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF daily - Sun June 7th

Marshy;878991 wrote:
                              Chill - we should set up a speed-dating night in London. Bunch of men for you, bunch of women for me - it would be a riot! :H Failing that, I might plunge into the internet thing too.
                              Sounds good to me!

Lav - Enjoy that young love of yours

:welcome: Papmom3 - congrats on 30 days!!!

Just had long beach lunch with a bunch of Irish boozers, 1st they had white wine then red, then sangria and when I left they were on the brandy and deciding which bar to stop off at on the way home... IM SO GLAD THESE DAYS ARE OVER FOR ME!!!
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X