Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Journey thru June - Week 2

Good morning all & Happy Humpday!

The power of positive thinking is responsible for getting me here and it keeps me going! Life continues to throw negatives in my path but now I'm in the habit of stepping over them. I am grateful for so much in my life!

I'll be back later tonight - must prepare now for the arrival of my Energizer Bunny grandson
    Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh! LBH, I know the pain of floor sanding. It's such a messy job, but what a pay off when it's all done!

How's this for a happy image, and speaking of special love: The wedding I attended over the weekend was of a young couple who seem just made for each other. During the reception there was a tremendous downpour. The reception was at a country club with a beautiful golf course. Many of us sat on a patio under cover of an awning and watched the rain. After some time, the sun came out but the rain continued to fall. The most perfect rainbow formed over the lush green golf course. Someone ran in and got the bride and groom and the photographer got a picture of the two of them with the rainbow in the background!

Star, let not your heart be troubled.
      Lav, Rustop, Sooty, Chill, Giai, Sped, greetings one and all!

Sending strength and positivity to all!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill - Beautiful description of the wedding,

I guess the great metaphor for our lives is that without rain we never get to appreciate the rainbow.....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Wow what a lot of interesting posts. I am being kicked out of my motel as I have stayed past check out time. Will find an internet cafe to post more soon. Central CA coast is gorgeous.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Another quick check in from me. About to do my second run of the morning. Taking my oldest daughter to her course. Visitors arriving tomorrow so have lots of cleaning to do today!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!
              We had a day of rain yesterday, unheard of for this time of year. It was fantastic as made me get on with all the jobs id been putting off to do indoors. Sorted through load of clothes and took about 60 items to the charity shop, had a maybe pile which I have put away in a suitcase and if i dont miss any of them in the next year they are out too! Very theraputic..... All my CDs are now on my computer and backed up and I gave away the originals as well as my CD player.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello all, lovely to see you. Things have been so hectic here but calmed down now as daughter returned to uni this morning to finish her course. Extra bonus is that Mr S has taken her and is staying overnight so I'm all on my own and its lovely!!!!!!
                Nice day here so I'm going to make myself get out for a walk.
                See you all later
                love Sooty

Comment

Good morning June friends,

Hope you are careful on your walk Sooty
                  A little alone time can be very therapeutic, enjoy the peace.

That reminds me, this weekend will be 8 weeks since Mr Lav ran out of here.
                  That matches the amount of time he was gone the last time he did this. When he returned he was no better so that's why he felt the need to run again. I just wish he would do me the honor of instigating a fight or something to let me know what is going on in his head. I am seriuosly sick & tired of his passive agressive behavior, it's so controlling & extremely frustrating..........

Well, I'm glad I have a big embroidery job to start today. Work helps me keep my mind off those troubles that I just can't do anything about.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.
                    Swedish Proverb

Everything in moderation, eh?

Hey, Lav, I can't believe it's been 8 weeks! I hope things resolve soon.
                    Sooty, enjoy your time! I love to have 'alone' time, but rarely get it.
                    Rustop, you sound busy and strong!
                    Sped, the weather here today feels like California: low humidity, lots of bright sunshine, temp in the 70's. Perfect.
                    Chill, you've inspired me. I am going to de-clutter! However, today is just gorgeous weather so I must spend some time outside.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

dill;883293 wrote: Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.
                      Thank you Dill - Great quote. I read a mantra today from the Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hanh "breathing in I calm my body, breathing out I smile" just practising this a few times instantly made me feel good

Lav - I really feel your frustration with Mr Lav, its the unresolvedness that festers driving you nuts, what happens when you try to instigate a discussion? If he keeps shrugging and giving no responses do you keep asking him or does he just walk away? Would it help to have a 3rd party present when you talk to him? You must be feeling like a pressure cooker.. :l
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Evening all,
                        Back in LA, only 70 degrees. I do love California weather but also love more dramatic seasonal changes than they have here. Graduation is tomorrow. So many proud parents around the campus.

Chill, you sound like the energizer bunny. I had a similar afternoon in which "straightening up" my son's apartment turned into a major cleaning. I love your Thich Nhat Hahn quote. I've found for me positive thinking and meditation takes practice. I believe the longer you do it the easier it becomes (like running!).

Dill, love your wedding story. Love falling rain in sunshine. Are you enjoying your vacation?

Lav, can you get some kind of mediator through whom you could talk. That's what I plan to do when I get home. Our (my husband's and my) communication skills are so broken that if some one doesn't help us talk to each other things will never be resolved.

Red, don't give up...

LBH, thinking about you as I wander around Nordstrums.

Later all...I'm making pasta primevera with beautiful California produce from a farmers' market.

Oh yeah..10 months today!!

Comment

Evening check in...............

Shelley, CONGRATS on your 10 AF months, awesome You have to be feeling stronger at this point, I know I sure did.

I would love to have a mediator involved BUT until he learns to open his mouth & actually do some talking..........
                          His biggest problem is telling [I]anyone[I][I] what he's thinking, what he wants, etc. He's been seeing a therapist for about 6 months now & I can guarantee you he hasn't really told her anything. There is absolutely no improvement whatsoever in his willingness to communicate. Anything that he's told her most likely is a lie. He has a lifelong habit of blaming everyone else for his problems. I've never, ever seen him own up to anything. Depressing. I hope you get good results with a mediator!

It's 10 pm, time to call it a day.
                          Wishing everyone a peaceful night.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning all and happy AF Friday to all of us.
                            Lav I wish Mr Lav would see some sense - perhaps he's just too afraid to open up, he certainly sounds afraid of something.
                            Its a beautiful day here - we don't get many of them so I'm going out for a walk again. Mr S will be back later so I'm going to be brave and go on my own. I'll wait till he gets back before I try the cliffs though!
                            Have a good day everyone
                            love Sooty

Comment

Happy Friday everyone!

Just Sooty here today?? Where is everyone?

I will be finishing up yesterday's embroidery job this morning then taking the afternoon off. I noticed last evening the raspberries are beginning to ripen so picking will begin this weekend. I need to call friends & relatives to come over & help themselves. I don't want to be stuck with another huge crop this year.

Tomorrow Mr Lav is due here to take care of the grass again. Wonder what his mood is these days??!!
                              Guess I just have to wait & see.

Hope everyone has a funky AF Friday
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav,

I've been waiting for you. I am AF and I owe a lot of it to you. I'm sorry about Mr. Lav but men do not want to admit their weaknesses to anyone, because then, in their minds....it's a sign of weakness1 UGGGGGHHHH. You are such a wonderful person and pray for your peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X