Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Wed 6/9

KateH's post https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...tml#post875984

And I don't mean to focus on KatieB, it is just a good, recent example of what I'm talking about. I just hate to see the owners of good advice (UKBlonde is in this one) hold back.

I'll let it go now... I'll just go smear some of the reeses peanut butter (maybe it's organic or something) on apple slices......
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Hey Gang!! Ab Fabbers! I am not great at keeping up here or anywhere lately. But I do read and keep up with all of you wonderful friends! And I am terrible at being able to remember who said what and being able to post to each one of you.....being 29and a half sucks sometimes...LOL!

Also I have been so engaged with helping my daughter with my new grandson, Luke! He is so adorable!

Yes, I too quit posting entirely on the general board for quite a while. I also got blasted today for my comments on the Suicide thread. Oh! Well....all I can do is speak my truth. And I meant every word! I completely disagree with Cinders, that this is a board for alcoholics and that we should all just deal with the crap that goes on...etc. etc. Yes, we are alcoholics, and yes, in the early days of trying to figure things out, we sometimes rant a bit. But, to me, that is not why MWO exists. It exists for people to find Their Way Out of this horrible thing called alcoholism. Not a place to spend years on the pity pot or in drunken rants. I truly worry about new people who are sincerely looking for their way out. It seems that most of us, that have worked to live AF and have some experience with what it takes no longer post. Yes, Marshy is one that I always read.......personally, I love Greenies snarkiness and DG should run for office!

Have a Great Evening/Morning/Afternoon Everyone!
      xo Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Congrats on your new grandson Kate!

Greenie, I wonder if a thread in general on this topic would be a good idea? Or would it just degenerate into a slanging match? Um, yeah, I think I know the answer to that one :H Might be fun though
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Greenie and Marshy - I think a general thread would be interesting to follow. I think people will come in all over the board here, and it would be an insightful barometer into our intimate yet remote and every changing community. You go first!
          Greenie I want some homemade reeses! My total weakness! And not available here! My mouth waters.
          Hi KateH - in all honesty I didn't really see that you got blasted unless I was looking at the wrong thread. I have worked with a few therapists over the years and I have to say that each one of them had something to contribute. However, 3 of 4 of them I felt after a few visits were looking to milk the cow. So, I am reluctant to pay the high price for someone to say "well maybe you should talk to him..." Of course suicide is a much more serious issue and I think anyone really contemplating it should call a crisis line to get some perspective. However, I can understand the reluctance because there are many cookie-burning shrinks out there.
          DG thanks for the compliment, it means a lot. I don't feel calmer, though, but I do feel like the pieces are coming together.
          Now I'm gonna start today's new thread...
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Gaia;882828 wrote: Greenie and Marshy - I think a general thread would be interesting to follow. You go first!
            :H:H

I've got to rush off to work. Greenie?? :H
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Shit NO!!! No way! That's why I hid over here. :H I bet DG will do it though. DG?
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

get cheng1314 to do it - I bet he's a chicken!
                AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Yes, Gaia, that was not the thread that I was speaking about. I was speaking about the sucicide thread. But, no worries I am over it! I just love living sober.....it amazes me how I don't sweat the small stuff any more! Yeah!
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Daily Wed 6/9

Kate,

I am surprised you considered my post an attack or blast, whatever.

I was just disagreeing somewhat and thought we were all in a place where we could do so as adults. An adult debate?

I'll remember never to state my disagreements with anyone so I don't cause strife.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X