Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday June 10

Morning everyone,
    First 10 days of June BOOM are gone. That means a third of the month of June gone towards my goal of my first CALENDAR month AF. I'm playing games with myself as I do when running - constantly thinking in terms of percentages of completion (although there is no completion here, really), percentage of progress, fractions, multiples, etc. So these ways of increasing the bar (just until the next tree...) and increasing it again (ok now that fence isn't too far away...) help to keep up the stamina.

I have a dream of running my first marathon when I'm 50. That's in 4 years so I better start training now

Mr. T. is away and I found myself thinking about what I could get away with yesterday. But nothing seemed easy to execute. Those barriers helped. Plus, I kept thinking that I didn't want to feel terrible today (YEAH I'm happy to think that). Then I was thinking that there are 2 beers in the fridge but that wouldn't be enough so what's the point? Then I was thinking, I could open a bottle of wine and replace it tomorrow, but if I did that I would certainly feel like a pathetic twit so I didn't. But mostly I was thinking that I didn't want to wake up sick and with a headache.

Am I AF for the right reasons? Not really. Do I care, today? Not really. The next step in growth will come with time and reflection.

My comments for the moment. Sending POSITIVE thoughts to everyone.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Abbers!!

Nothing like a little spam before breakfast, eh?

Gaia, thanks for the start. I can relate to that thought process and :goodjob: on getting through it. As far as I'm concerned, there is NO WRONG REASON for being AF. Ever! You're growing a good solid attitude about all this that will take you a long way in troubled waters.

Here's a good dream for you. I'm on a high security team of a sort of bomb squad. We were placed in a hotel room (thinking foreign country?) for a job. We had a night long party and were arrested by military police for being drunk on the job in the wee hours as we were leaving for the site. They need a smilie that rolls eyes.

I'm going w/ GF to see.... (sit down DG) Alice in Wonderland 3D (starring Johnny Depp for those who are not in the know) this afternoon!!! Excited!!

My sister arrives this evening.

HAve a thrilling thursday!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Gaia & Greenie!

I typed long post last night on yesterdays topic and lost it!! :upset: Maybe I wasnt suposed to stick my oar in?!

Gaia well done on resisting the temptation yesterday and not giving in to the voice in the head.

I would like to ask you guys for some advice, next weekend I have a friend coming over for a few days, (a normal drinker) I live alone and since I quit I have had no AL in the house. However, I really want to have some wine and beers in for my friend to enjoy as we hang out here and dont want to make a big deal of it so they feel awkward drinking in front of me. Im fine when im out in bars and restaurants its just I've never had AL in the house. I dont even really want to tell them that I've bought it in specially but I will of course make it clear I wont be drinking. I know lots of you live with other people and therefore have AL in the house and I just want any advice you can give me for handling this, right now I cant even imagine holding a wine bottle.....
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Chill, do they already know you no longer drink?
        sigpic

Comment

its been vaguely mentioned but with no detail
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Maybe have a 6 pack of beer. That way there is no open bottle lingering around.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Chill,

This is what my non-drinking friends have done for years when they know they are inviting moderate drinkers to their homes: they graciously ask the guests if they could possibly bring the beverage of their choice. Or as Greenie said....have a 6-pack available if you don't think you can handle the temptation.

Comment

chillgirl;883026 wrote: right now I cant even imagine holding a wine bottle.....
                Is that not your answer?
                How about you discuss it with your friend when they arrive? In other words, don't stock up before they get there and have booze sitting about in your home and thinking about it like Gaia or drinking it, like I would have done in the earlyish days. (Really, Gaia, I don't know how you left it alone).

Gaia - :goodjob: why do you say you're not AF for the right reasons?

Greenie - you better hide before DG comes around. Stealing her man, tsk tsk.
                (I had a dream that I was invited to an orgy by Shirley Bassey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FlmXla0Pw&feature=fvst[/video]]YouTube - Shirley Bassey - Big Spender (From "Divas Are Forever" DVD) But I woke up before we got there :H)
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

greeneyes;883050 wrote: Maybe have a 6 pack of beer. .
                  Glug, glug, glug, straight down the hatch with me.
                  Is it just me? Am I the only drinker here? :H

Right, gotta go. Duty calls.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Marshy;883078 wrote:
                    (I had a dream that I was invited to an orgy by Shirley Bassey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FlmXla0Pw&feature=fvst[/video]]YouTube - Shirley Bassey - Big Spender (From "Divas Are Forever" DVD) But I woke up before we got there :H)
                    :H:H Hate it for ya!!! :H:H
                    sigpic

Comment

MARSHY!!! That's just outrageous! And, of course it was filmed in BELGIUM! Those crazy Flems.

Greenie have you been watching Alias reruns?

Chill here is my suggestion. Tell them to bring their own AL, and plan to take whatever is leftover back home with them. Or, buy 2-3 half bottles of wine, and give leftovers to them when they leave. Maybe get yourself some AF beers or some very nice lemonade to accompany them? I can tell you that I have no problem when my friends come over and have some drinks because I know they like me as a person and value my friendship - I don't have to prove anything to them, and we all know we have our own reasons for drinking or not. One of my friends says, "can I come over to your house and hydrate?"

I have not yet, however, opened a bottle of wine for my friends, just beers. Maybe that would feel different.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Morning Abbers!
                        Chill, what immediately came to mind would be, would you have cigarettes on hand for a smoker if you don't smoke? LOL Just kidding! Seriously, like Marshy I just never have alcohol in the house. Quite honestly, a "normal drinker" should be fine without alcohol for a few days, right? If you go out to dinner they could, of course, order alcohol if they would like.

Greenie, just don't let DG know that you are going to see her boyfriend!!! OMG! Johny Dep in 3D might be too much for DG's blood pressure!

I am grateful that I will be working from home today, it is going to reach the high 90's here! Although I am thinking that I might take my care to get detailed and just work in the lounge at the car wash.....can you believe they have Wi-Fi!!!

Thanks, Marshy for the congrats on my new grandson! His name is Luke Theron, cool name huh!

Well...zoom, zoom!

xo to all! Kate
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

KateH1;883159 wrote: Morning Abbers!
                          Chill, what immediately came to mind would be, would you have cigarettes on hand for a smoker if you don't smoke?
                          Well that's a damn good point!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning Ab Fabbers,

About to jump into a full day of work but wanted to say hello!
                            I slept well last night after a full day yesterday running after my EB grandson

There are probably 3 or 4 open bottles of booze & an unknown amount of beer sitting in Mr Lav's garage. He left it all sitting there when he ran out of here nearly 8 weeks ago. It hasn't tempted me - I just don't want it! Drinking that stuff won't resolve my current problems............
                            If anyone came over looking for a drink they can go help themselves but that hasn't happened so far. My kids normally are beer drinkers but they haven't bothered when they are here. I have no need to go into his garage so I don't. There is an office/shop attached to it & it's a total mess in there, depressing.

Anyway, wishing everyone a wonderfully AF Thursday.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Guys for all your input, I cant really expect my friend to bring their own booze all the way from UK and they wont have a car to get to the supermarket here to buy thier own so from a hospitable point of view I want to have shopped for them. Gaia, I hadnt thought of half bottles of wine and I really like that idea!! If any left that makes it easier to pour away at the end of each day incase I sleep walk to the fridge :H

Kate - Luke Theron! I love it, especially the Theron...... how cool!
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X