Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday June 11

Well someone had to start it!

Whatch up to today? I need a new mood choice - SILLY!

M3 I hope you are finally resurfacing for air after the serial virus attacks. But you probably are testing the limits on your washing machine. Every mom has been there and can comiserate.

DG your garden sounds just lovely. I am looking forward to planting a garden next spring, after preparing the soil this fall. I love radishes - are they easy to grow? What can you make out of radishes aside from salads? Radish bread? Radish soup? Radish ice cream?

Hi Greenie, Marshy, Cindi, and everyone to come!
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Morning Gaia, and all to drop in,

Garden's! Veggie patches! Prepare soil in Fall? mmm, winter just starting here, so suppose i should get cracking. Tomatoes, broccoli, chilli, garlic.

What about a Radish bathrobe?....

A safe, sober, and magical day to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Guys! I quick hello goodbye from me... rushing to hairdressers!
      Beautiful morning not a cloud in the sky... been a lovely country walk with my dog....
      So many good things and people in my life I am feeling very blessed and of course its friday!
      Wishing you all a wonderful AF one......
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

:h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello Gaia, Guitarista, Chill & all to come,

Gaia - radishes are the easiest thing in the world to grow (about my level! I'm growing mine in pots). Radish ice-cream...mmm there's a thought.

My best friend's sister gave birth overnight. She was at a family funeral, went into labour two weeks early and ended up having an emergency Cesearean so it must have been a helluva day! But she now has baby Barnaby - such a cool name!

Zooming to work. Have a good day all!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good Morning Marshy, G, Gaia, Chill,

Sorry to be incommunicado the last few days but I've been putting in LONG work days (starting at 4:30 a.m.) but I am back, AF once again and extremely happy.

Lav, Dill, come out come out wherever you are!

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Hi all!

Fly by here. Sister got here yesterday. She brought wine (for herself). Little bottles. Not because she's afraid it'll mysteriously disappear, just gives her options. We are going to NC to friends for dinner tomorrow night. she said they asked if they should NOT serve wine. (because of me). She said no she'll be fine, serve wine. She said it was because SHE wanted wine. My aunt is also going and she doesn't drink. I found that interesting.

More later. I made a kick-arse dinner last night. Alderwood smoked fresh wild caught steelhead trout. With chipotle maple finishing sauce. O-M-G!!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie,

OMG that meal sounds fabulous! If you are serving it again, what time shall I present my bobblehead at your doorstep?:H:H:H

Good job staying strong!

Comment

Morning all!

How about baked radish chips??
                  10 Tasty Radish Recipes ? Vegging Out

I have no radishes in my garden but I do have billions of raspberries beginning to ripen!!!!
                  Anyone interested please come help yourselves

Work for me this morning then taking the afternoon off. I'm thinking a power nap may be in order!

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Friday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning abberoonies and abberooners,

Wow. Another day AF!! This is amazing. Had a little episode with a bit too high titration on the Bac yesterday, but all is good.

Nonetheless, things looking so much better these days. Being home helps tremendously.

Gaia, Not sure if radish ice cream sounds too good but Det ate some jalapeno ice cream once and loved it. Of course, he would probably eat garlic ice cream, too.

Speaking of Det, has anyone seen him lately? I miss his posts.

Mr. G, I see from Underoos thread that you are already in bed. I hope you have a good rest.

Chill, Wishing you a wonderful AF back at you!!

Marshy, Kind of poetic, farewell to one and welcome to another. Hope your day at work is satisfying.

Rusty, I, too, am back AF once again and plan on staying that way this time. Yahoo!!

Greenie, throw enough on for Rusty and me. I'll bobblehead over there with her. Enjoy your sister.

All here and to come, have a happy AF day.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Marshy;884136 wrote:
                      My best friend's sister gave birth overnight. She was at a family funeral, went into labour two weeks early and ended up having an emergency Cesearean so it must have been a helluva day! But she now has baby Barnaby - such a cool name!
                      Marshy I guess thats what you call the circle of life....
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

chillgirl;884264 wrote: Marshy I guess thats what you call the circle of life....
                        Indeed it is. One of the middle names they've given Barnaby is the name of the person whose funeral they were at. I suppose it will be an interesting story for him when he's older. :H

Cindi - what constitutes an "episode" with Baclofen? Are there bad side effects?
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello friends! Everyone sounds fantastic today.

Spent the morning taking pics of the flood damage and the afternoon moving cows to a pasture that still has most of its fence. Then zooming around for hubby since he had to fix more fence and managed to get home before the evening storm hit. Just rain for us thank God!

Kate, congrats on your grandson--my teenage son's name is Luke. He seems truly apologetic for the events of the other night, and even though it may not have been a big deal, we kind of made one out of it, because we want him to respect our rules and learn to try to be the person he is, instead of what other kids are saying/doing. Who knows if it sunk in. Hubby and I actually discussed it like normal married people, and he talked to him rationally ( a little lengthy on the lecture) and I felt pretty good about that too.

Wishing everyone a terrifically unhung weekend! I love being sober--don't you??:h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey Lav,
                            What part of PA are you in? I might take a road trip on Sunday!! JK! I used to have a ton of wild rasberries in my yard but got rid of them to make way for a real garden. Now I kind of regret it although some still poke their heads through from the neighbors yard. Thinking of planting some high bush blueberries-maybe I'll look for thornless non invasive rasberries as well.
                            Feeling better today. Still sad about the potential loss of my PT job. As DG so eloquently put it last nite-I can look at as glass full or glass empty. I prefer glass full. I know that things happen for a reason and that when one door closes, another opens. Can't think of anymore cliches right now but will be sure to post when I do!! :H I'm happy I didn't give in to the beast last nite. If I had, I not only would have been physically sick today, I would have been even more depressed than I am now and it would have been all doom and gloom. I know what I have to do this weekend and I'm looking forward to doing it so I can make my next move with all the info in front of me.
                            congrats on the grandson Marshy. Neat story.
                            LVT-I'm sending lots of pings that your weather dries out very soon. Very scary with the floods.
                            I think radish chips sound great even tho I'm not a radish fan.
                            Hey to everyone else stopping in today.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Marshy,

Yes. Being in a bit of a hurry to titrate up as fast as possible, I have been going up 20 mgs/day every 3 or 4 days, depending on how I feel. This is way faster than one is supposed to but I only have a week 1/2 off left.

Yesterday, I added another 20 mgs to my noon dose. I suddenly felt very tired and weak and went to lie down.

I basically fell asleep but "napped" with such vivid dreams and I could not open my eyes to wake up. It was horrible. I kept dreaming I was trying to get out of bed and falling down, and then I would realize I was still in the bed and hadn't moved.

I am glad hubby didn't come home about then, he would've thought I was drunk.

I finally really woke up and felt somewhat better but have decided this alcoholic brain that wants things right now needs to be worked on.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X