AF Daily - Sunday June 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so grateful for my precious sobriety today. The elevator DOES go all the way to the bottom, which is 6 feet below the ground surface. I'm glad I got off on an earlier floor, and my hope is that all of us who got off on an earlier floor stay OFF of the AL elevator.

I'm going to the AA picnic now and am so grateful for that program and for My Way Out and for every resource at my disposal to help me stay sober today. Hang on to the gift of sobriety with both hands. Share the gift in order to keep it.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

thank you DG for that Affirmation. Have a great time at the picnic-hope the weather is Abby Fabby!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi DG and Papmom,
      Thanks for starting us off. I think it's going to be a quiet Sunday. Not much to say other than I've been crying a lot today. I think it's PMS. Not looking for sympathy, just describing the day.

Enjoy the picnic, DG, and PM3 keep climing the mountain!
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Happy Sunday. Still in my pjs.

Citymama...sorry to hear about last night. Get back in the saddle again and keep trying. Stay away from others that are drinking. It is wayyyyy to tempting.

Gaia, Crying is probably a good thing in some ways...all of the feelings that were stuffed when drinking are coming up and being released. Consider it a huge detoxification for the soul.

Just can't seem to get moving today although I have loads to do before Florida. And yes, it's a vacation...just my oldest daughter and me.

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Gaia - sometimes it helps to have a cry, we all go about our days coping with life and holding it all together. We shrug off silly things that bug us and eventually all the little things can become a big thing, letting it out is like the steam from a kettle otherwise we may explode :l

DG - I too am SO grateful today for my sobriety, somedays it just makes more sense than others.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Afternoon abbers!!

Everybody good? Say yes because crying is good. You don't have to name a reason. Imagine your angels' wings wrapped around you, lovingly holding you, supporting you as you release those feelings.

Dinner was WAAAAYYY interesting last night. The husb of the couple is quite straightforward. (this is ME saying that, right!!) We had a very direct conversation about alcohol. I wondered how much he had to drink. There were a few revealing conversations that resulted in covert sisterly glances and a kick under the dinner table (as in "Eeek! Can you believe X said that!") :H

Stopped off to visit FH's brother on the way home and scored some fresh striper filets and a bag of wild plums!

I too am extra glad for my sobriety today. I love the simple freedom of it.

Hot and humid as a sauna today. IT is 99 in the shade right now. I'm inside till tonight!

citymama, keep at it! It's worth it!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am gonna stick me beak in this thread a bit more from now on if thats ok???

I am also grateful for my sobriety today, as I glance over at hubs breaking open another can of beer and I can just begin to see that glaze come over his eyes (you know the one when there has been 2 or 3 drinks consumed?, not drunk but most defo not sober)

It just reminds me of myself, how I welcomed that drunken haze, my little safe nest, a warm haven to hide from the world in.

God isn't it amazing how you can be imprisoned by ropes and chains in a dungeon and NOT realise it? You keep telling yourself that it is 5 star luxery and you DESERVE it!!

I am so grateful and happy that I found a sober way of living, for it is now that I truly understand, as an adult, what living means...really means...

I will never stop being thankful and singing it from the rooftops.

I love my Sober and smoke free life and there is a HUGE difference between living and merely existing.
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

[QUOTE=greeneyes;886124]Afternoon abbers!!

I too am extra glad for my sobriety today. I love the simple freedom of it.
                QUOTE]

Love this Greenie...so true!

One2...Good to see you. And yes, it's amazing how we used to believe it was a luxury to check out like that. It makes me sick just to think about it. Congratulations on quitting smoking too? You are over the 30 day hurdle--huge!!

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Definitely counting my blessings today:
                  1. I found MWO and all you wonderful people
                  2. I found the strength somehow to begin this journey
                  3. I have a very supportive family
                  4. I weathered 2 episodes of very bad news and didn't faint, pass out or die from them!! They are what they are and I will deal with them sober.
                  5. I made someone I've never met very happy today!!

hey Oney-great job on the NF journey!! Keep up the good work!
                  Greenie-sure sounds like it was a VERY interesting dinner!! See, sober doesn't have to be dull!!
                  CityMama-You picked a very tough weekend from the sounds of it to start an AF life. Pick yourself up and give yourself some slack. You can and will do this if you want too bad enough. I think you did great BTW under the circumstances!! Keep posting and visit us in the Newbies Nest K?
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

hi -- thanks for the affirmations and the words of support!
                    -citymama

Comment

Hello friends,

It is a rainy, dreary day here. Don't get me wrong, I love rain. But we have had more rain this week that we did all last summer I think. We had some flooding last spring too, but before that we were in a drought for a few years. It is so discouraging for the crop, the roads, my non existent garden. When it warms up next week, we'll begin the cycle of hot/humid/storm every day. This would also be a great day to curl up in a blanket and read a book, but I have lots and lots of unfinished projects around here. Sigh.

Greenie, I would love to hear more details about your evening.

Send me some sunshine somebody!!:upset:
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

It's after 5 pm already! Where did the day go????

Greetings to each & everyone and Yes, I too am grateful for everything today

My kids are here, as well as their spouses & the Energizer Bunny grandson............only one person still MIA.

Everyone is hungry so I'd better get going!

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening - citymama, hang in there.

Oney, I gained 13 pounds when I quit smoking last year - OMG!!!!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings from very hot and humid Alabama,

It is 4:40 here and where did the day go?

Oh yes, up and at 'em on the house cleaning, three grandkids, cooked ribs, mac salad, salad, guacamole, have son, DIL, daughter, SIL, four grandkids (one in the oven) and hubby.

Wonderful dinner, wonderful company. Now all but the one year old and I are out at the pool or playing lawn darts. One year old is snoozing away, as cute as a button. As soon as he wakes up, I will take him out and hand him off. :H:H

Dishes are done, cookies in the oven and a pot of coffee on.

Life is good, I am sober and able to enjoy it, and grateful to be able to check in on all my friends here and enjoy what I am given.

Gaia, I agree with m3, Greenie and others. Crying can be very cathartic for the soul. PMS or no PMS, we all get melancholy from time to time, male or female, and that is the ebb and flow of life. Tomorrow will be a much better day and you will appreciate it so much more because you were sad today. :l

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X