AF Daily - Monday June 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greeneyes;886690 wrote: EO would be "estranged one". Fuckhead still works though if necessary.

Lav. At the risk of being snarky I have to ask.... WTF??? Get him ready? How about she teaches him to get HIMSELF ready?? He needs some big boy pants a' la titanium. Lav, what about you? Are YOU ready?
    I have to admit to having the same thoughts as Greenie! Get him ready!!! Is she going to wash behind his ears too :H

But seriously Lav, has anyone even asked you if you want him to come back? Last time I looked relationships involved more than one person's needs.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Ab fabbers!

I'm having a big clean and declutter, and I came across an email printout, dated November 2006, from a hypnotherapist I contacted about my drinking.
      It starts off: "Setting oneself free from alcohol is never an easy process, as it is not actually stopping that's the difficulty but staying free. The fact that you want to be free gives you a great start..."

I finally went to see him in August 2007, nine months later, and it helped me stay sober for about a month. I can't believe that was so long ago.
      I think I'll have to keep it. Or should I be ruthless in my decluttering :H

Gaia - the first calender month is a big thing! I remember being really excited about my first week!

DG - you're so cyber!

Greenie - what was FH doing knocking on your door at 7am? Practically the middle of the night!

Lav - Mr Lav's comment sounds just like therapy speak. When I had counselling about my drinking, the therapist was forever saying things like "we'll talk about XYZ when you're ready", and I'd always say "bring it on! I want to get fixed!". :H Maybe it's the way they're trained but it seemed like a really slow process to me.

Papmom - talking of abbreviations, what's RE? It means Religious Education classes at school to me...

Hello to all other abbers! Back to the decluttering
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hey Marshie- LOL!! RE is short for Real Estate. I work in one of those offices every other Saturday and answer the phones. I was just about to quit when I lost my good paying part time job!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Marshy;886706 wrote: Greenie - what was FH doing knocking on your door at 7am? Practically the middle of the night!
          He said he wanted a haircut. But I'm wondering if it was the strange car in my driveway - which wasn't really strange if one pays attention as it was my sister's. I know, I know...just don't even say anything.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I was going to ask, from the cyber phone, ifthe shrink was going to wash mr labs behind. I suppose "behind his ears" is more polite. . One of my friends just signed up for :
            30 day curves trial earning me big points in the bootcamp starting today. Now I need some good low cal drink recipes. Might get good enough for sandwiches. . Lol on possible jealous fh!
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Marshy;886706 wrote: Maybe it's the way they're trained but it seemed like a really slow process to me.
              Trained, yeah! $$$
              sigpic

Comment

DG, congrats on your salesmanship!

Greenie, not saying anything as directed.... (But a HAIRCUT at 7AM )

Marshy;886706 wrote:
                Lav - Mr Lav's comment sounds just like therapy speak. When I had counselling about my drinking, the therapist was forever saying things like "we'll talk about XYZ when you're ready", and I'd always say "bring it on! I want to get fixed!". :H Maybe it's the way they're trained but it seemed like a really slow process to me.
                Lav, I'm sure you've thought this out up down and sideways over the years. All I can say from my own experience is that therapy has indeed been a really slow process. No matter how quickly I've wanted to be fixed, it's as though my mind refuses to give up its neuroses until it's ready. It's great that Mr Lav wants 'to be fixed'. I've wanted that too, and without it, no work can begin. Then you realise you're the one that has to do the work. And then you realise that the process takes the time it takes. That you need to gain in strength in order to tackle the next bit of painful crap. I've wanted timeframes, deadlines, estimates - now I just go with the flow... (Having said that, the flow gets better and better!) Meanwhile, only you know the toll it's taking on you while you're being patient with Mr Lav. Strength to you hon :l

Comment

greeneyes;886727 wrote: just don't even say anything.
                  :xmouth:

Did he forget the way to the hairdresser's?
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Greenie - your story gets stranger and stranger! :H

Your FH appears at your door at 7am looking for a haircut??!!
                    Are you a hairdresser? And if so do you still cut your ex's hair for him?
                    Is he in the habit of turning up at your door? Come on we want details!!! :tonguemonkey:
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

No he doesn't always do that!! Feck!! I didn't even recognize him at first! I do have a barber's license and I havent' cut his hair since, eh.... early Feb and by the looks of him, nobody has! :egad: Well once he showed up in the wee hours and I told him next time I was calling 911 so that was the end of that. That time he said...... ready?..... he was hungry. :H :H

Ya'll are doing real well for not saying anything! :H
                      sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;886802 wrote: No he doesn't always do that!! Feck!! I didn't even recognize him at first! I do have a barber's license and I havent' cut his hair since, eh.... early Feb and by the looks of him, nobody has! :egad: Well once he showed up in the wee hours and I told him next time I was calling 911 so that was the end of that. That time he said...... ready?..... he was hungry. :H :H

Ya'll are doing real well for not saying anything! :H
                        Might I suggest a birthday present for him......

talk about lame!! :H
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Greenie, you should have gotten out the clippers and given him a buzz cut then told him that should take care of YOUR problem for a while!!!:H:H:H
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

:H:H:H OMG - I really got everyone started today didn't I????

Titanium Big Boy Pants - yeah, that's just what he needs :H

I know that zillions of people go to therapists everyday & some people actually benefit. I'm one of those old school folks who prefer to clean up my own crap. I do like talking to friends, here & in person, reading every & any psych-self help book out there. I have taken more psychology & sociology courses in my lifetime I could probably write a damn book! But all that aside I'm just a human being, feeling hurt by the behavior of someone who promised to love ME & spend his life with ME!!!!!! Sounds selfish but that's the way I'm feeling these days. I can't even tell you how much I've given up for 'his sake', to 'make him happy' over the years. When I began to realize & count up those things is when I began my drinking career. I was so friggin depressed I chose to numb myself.

Well, I'm sure as hell not going down that road again. I won't allow him to drag me into his pit of despair again. I have so much that I am grateful for & much to look forward to.
                            My daughter just told me that she has a positive pregnancy test today This will be her first child - my 2nd grandchild!

I don't know what is going to happen with Mr Lav. If he prefers to go live under a bridge somewhere who the hell am I to stop him???????????

WOW, all that & today is only Monday!
                            Have a great night everyone.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav,

Congratulations on your daughter's pregnancy! I have been praying to Testicleez, the Greek God of Gonads, that you would be a grandma again...because...drum roll, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your grandchildren are so lucky to have a grandmother like you! :h

Comment

Lavande;886933 wrote: I don't know what is going to happen with Mr Lav. If he prefers to go live under a bridge somewhere who the hell am I to stop him???????????
                                Maybe he and FH could share a bridge. :H:H:H They could winter down here and summer up there. ROFL!!!

Great news on preggers front!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X