AF Daily - Wednesday June 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at uni with her BGPs on!! Rock on Uni!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Cindi!

Leave your job and go study? Enjoy your family? Open your own business? Lay around for a few week's?
      YES, YES, YES. Do it. Leave your job, i say!
      Great stuff on another day af. Bravo friend!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello Abbie Fabbies!!! Indeed I was zoom zoomin' early today. Curves at 5:45, AA at 7, local business organization board meeting at 8, general meeting of same organization at 9, then gave Sister a ride to her doc appointment and then lunch with her and another friend. When I finally got home had some gardening to do! Lettuce is coming out my ears. So much rain that my early summer squashes are rotting on the vine. Is that normal???? Tomato plants, viney things (cukes, watermelon, cantalope, etc.), peppers and weeds all growing like weeds. Harvested the first daikon radish today. Long but good day.

Ate ice cream. That was not on my weight watchers plan but it sure tasted good. It was some cherry ice cream that I was told is "new york style!" Yum. They didn't have peppermint. Otherwise I would have had that Greenie in honor of your noniversary.

Uni, so good to see you back. That final acceptance WILL make this easier. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sister and I talked about something like that today - being grateful for the opportunity to learn from others what we DON'T want to do. (i.e. relapse, die, etc. WRT alcohol)

Hello to everyone else! Chill, don't do anything I wouldn't do this weekend, OK?

Greenie, I agree with G that you might ask for references and go look at some other work.

Lav, have you acquired for EO his very own refrigerator box yet?

Gaia, thanks for getting us started today! I'm not sure I would look forward to traveling with a drinking friend. Nothing against my old friends, but I have really had to make new friends in sobriety. My old friends that drank like I drank put a VERY high priority on drinking, It wasn't just an occassional incidental to something else more interesting. Maybe your friends are more the "normie" type than mine were. That is one nice thing AA has done for me - introduced me to other sober women, some of whom I have befriended. For sure, drinking is just not an option. See how it goes but please be prepared to re-evaluate if necessary to keep sobriety your #1.

I'm really excited that one of my new AA friends decided to go to the big international convention of the AA Cult () in San Antonio in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to hanging out with her. We seem to have a lot in common. Should be fun!

Rusty, you are doing great! Keep on truckin'!

Cindi, congrats on your victory over that beer. I remember when Mr. D found a FULL HUGE bottle of Vodka in our guest bathroom. To this day, I don't know why I hid it in there!!! I had many other much more convenient hiding places for when I wanted to sneak extra drinks.

Hello to AA and M3 and LVT and Johnny and Papmom and anybody else I missed! Oh Cindi I agree with the others that a layoff (ideally) or a quit (if not) sounds like just the thing. Life will go on and you will survive. And probably look back a year from now wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

Well, I'm getting a sore throat - not a good sign. I've been burning the candle at both ends this week and I suspect am now paying the price! Oh well....

I'm sober today and that's what counts!

dG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X