Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday June 16

Rise and shine!

Staring off another AF day. I'll be offline for the next 2 days as I'm taking a trip with a friend. This will be my first night away from DH and kids in years. I am really looking forward to it! I think my friend will drink like a fish but I will not have anything because I WANT TO ENJOY MYSELF! I don't want to get sleepy and sloppy. I want to be perky and alert. So I'll be back on Saturday or late Friday to drop in a quick note.

Greenie did you fire those guys yet? I'm still craving the chocolate peanut butter.

DG you are really racking up those Curves days. Isn't it not about what you weight but how you feel?

Hi Marshy, AAthlete, Kate, Mom3, Guitarista, and all our other great readers and posters. Don't mean to leave anyone out... just a huge hi.

Final question - anyone know of a support group for spouses other than al-anon? DH says he'd like to find an alternative to al-anon. Maybe we should start one!

Cheerio!
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Good Morning Gaia - Have a great trip with your friend....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Morning fabbie abbies!!

Gaia, you are sounding fab, my dear! Sorry I don't have an alt idea for a group for DH. (I laugh every time I see DH because I think "dickhead" :H sorry)

I have not fired the painters. I'm thinking on it. The contractor and I talked for a long time. They understand my point. I think. During the process, the decision was made to hand paint the house, should I proceed with them. That is a real bonus for me because that is what it needs. But normally would be way more expensive. So they're waiting for me to decide. What do ya'll think?

Today, June 16, we can have a non-versation about my non-anniversary if you like. Last year I had a trial run as a normie. Nope. Not a normie. Good to know for sure, but I don't recommend anyone testing. If we alkies could just believe what we already know in our hearts it would be so much easier. Boy, do I believe!

Chill... what's happening on the internet dating scene? You're awfully quiet over there!!!

Happy hump day all!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I watched "Crazy Heart" last night. Jeff Bridges in an Oscar winning performance as an alcoholic. I could relate to his performance on a level the normies could not possibly begin to. It really is a must-see.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

shhh Greenie dont tell anyone but I have a date this weekend!!!
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Greenie,

You are so funny! When I see DH, I think the same thing....Maybe it's because I've known so many of them :H:H:H:H

Chilli-You have a date tonight!?! Do tell! I hope he's incredible. (No, I'm not thinking about in bed, but hey, if it happens, go for it :H:H )

Comment

Hello Gaia, and all Abber's!

Have a terrific time Gaia! I can't think of any alternatives to al-anon at this point, but if i do, will let you know. Maybe contact a detox place, or a rehab, or community health centre etc. and ask them about after care strategies etc....maybe some relatives have already taken it upon themselves to form an informal little support group somewhere? Google it too.
              Greenie, glad to hear you recommend that film. I'm dying to see it, and must. I'm sure i will relate heavily too. If you've seen the painter's work elsewhere, (a must) and the standard is excellent, then go for it. If not, you might be inviting a process that's too long, and you don't want them coming back and doing the job twice or touching up average work after you've complained. For me, their resume and attitude must cut the mustard.

A grand hump day to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Grand stuff Chilly! Enjoy yourself.....

(And be home by midnight!)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy Humpday Ab Fabbers!

Chill, you have my permission to stay out as late as you like - just be careful

Greenie, I'll be happy to celebrate your non-anniversary with you today if you help me celebrate mine on the 30th! I can't remember the last time we celebrated an anniversary. That's what happens when you stick around for 37 years I suppose!!!!
                  About your house - hand painting sounds good provided they really pay attention to what they're doing.

Greetings to everyone, hope your day is wonderful.
                  Time for me to get to work!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav-

I feel great! Another AF day. I am going to start a thread later...my first. You are wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello friends,

Greenie, you rock. Period.

Be careful with the painters. Hand painting is definitely better, much better, than spraying. Son used to be a painter. However, if they are careless with that, it can be a mess, too. You have worked so hard to get your house in good shape and keep it there since FH left. If you decide to let them do it, keep an eye on them to ensure they don't start getting careless. I don't like the idea that the boss couldn't keep them from throwing cigarette butts in your yard. It is too easy to set up an empty paint can for that and then they take it away at the end of the day.

Gaia, I hope you enjoy your time away with your GF. If her drinking starts getting to you, and it very well could, ask her to do it out of sight. If she is a good friend, she will understand. Have fun and stay perky!!

Lav, hope things are going better on the home front?

Chill, Good luck on the date this weekend. All of us will be impatiently waiting to hear how it went. Vicarious living and all...

Mr. G, Hi!

Rusty, I am looking forward to reading your thread.

DG, No post yet? I doubt it is because you aren't up and about already. Probably zoom zooming all around.

Well, one more day of sobriety achieved. I am thrilled. I found four cans of beer in my closet yesterday during the cleanup. :shocked: I brought them out, set them on the dining room table because I did not want to hide them from hubby. There was perhaps a small little voice that thought, geez, that warm beer would be good. :H:H But I didn't drink them. I let hubby take them to my son's house. A couple of weeks ago, that would not have been my action at all. Progress.

I have to go back on the road again next week but I have a feeling this may be my last gig. I have angered my manager. My fault entirely, sloppy administration, etc. I have my fingers crossed I don't get fired but "resourced" which is corporate speak for laid off. Much difference in financial outcome. I could use a bit of time off. I might even go back to school to learn a different skill set that I can use here where I live. I might open my own company. I might just lie around for a few weeks and enjoy the family.

It is sad to realize that I am looking forward to being let go. But I am.

Hope all have a happily sober hump day.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Cindi,

I have been in your position before. I have never lost a job due to alcohol but, laid off, yes. and every time, I gained something from my previous job so I wouldn't make the same mistake again. Yes, I understand when you say you are looking forward to being let go. I did and I WAS (June, 1998) Very liberating! After I was fired, I took on a new appreciation for my life (that was 1998). I got another job and was there until 2006. Since 2006, I have been been on my own and cooking with gas!

Coining DG's words...If I can do it, you can do it!

Comment

Hey everyone! Happy Hump Day!!
                          Cinders, so funny you should be talking about hoping to get laid off. That's been a common thread among me and some close co-workers lately. The thought is: "Unemployment sounds real good right now". None of us are happy with our jobs, the way things are going, the lack of a contract, the legislature refusing to fund the contracts already agreed to and approved by the governor and now holding us hostage saying they won't fund them unless we agree to "concessions' meaning no pay raises (even the measly 1.5%) and furloughs. so it's pretty damn depressing around here. We're all doing the job of 2 or 3 people and it's getting damn tiring.
                          Anyway, I too wish I could start my own business-sick of working for others but I have no clue what I would do. Hoping web maintenance or virtual assisting might be the way to go. We'll see.
                          Chill-have fun on your date!! Can't wait to hear all about it.
                          Greenie-I'd fire their asses but I know how hard it is to find a contractor so you're kind of stuck and hoping the foreman will now take your talk to heart.
                          Lav-good to hear from you. Hope things are looking better today. I can't comment on your hubby's comment to you since I've never been married or in a significant relationship. Maybe there's a reason for that!!
                          Change of plans today speaking of work. Bossman isn't going to be happy but i doubt he'll say anything-he hates confrontation. I have to take today off as my little pup (LM for Loud Mouth as I call him) somehow hurt his leg yesterday. I thought it was better this morning and was all set to leave for work when he suddenly stopped putting weight on it again so off we go to the vet this afternoon. I'll put in a few hours of work virtually but if I have to use a sick day then I'm not putting myself out.
                          HI Gaia, rusty and G.
                          Hope you all have a great day!!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi guys,

Checking in. All this work talk is resonating huge with me right now. My job has been very stressful lately and has resulted in a lot of panic/anxiety attacks. I go see my therapist again tomorrow to do some assessments so that if they take me off work I have the correct backup.

The good news is though that with all of this I am back on track. 6 days with no AL and no intention of ever letting a drop by my lips again. It's funny Greeny - you always said to me that once you accept truely in your heart that you can never drink again, it's easier. I did that last week. A friend of mine who was only 35 passed away due to drug/alcohol abuse and overdose. Scared the S*** out of me because how many times could that have been me? I have had enough of hurting my family/friends and of being thankful because I woke up in the morning knowing that I could not have. I have a little girl, WTF was I thinking? And all for what? Because I wanted to forget the stresses of my day? I will always have those - that's why I have a therapist, I don't need poison in my system that can kill me so that I can relax. I feel so liberated now that I have finally truely figured that out. The beast can kiss my ass cause I will kill him - he can whine and cry all he wants, he will not get his way. I am done with killing myself. I have too much to live for.

And that, my friends, is that!
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Glad to see you, Uni. Ecstatic you are so positive about what you want!!!

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X