AF Daily -Sunday 6/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily -Sunday 6/15

greeneyes;891443 wrote: I see wetness creeping up my fecking new closet wall.
    Crap.

Might as well call the plumber and just deal with it before everything gets all moldy.

So sorry, Greenie.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily -Sunday 6/15

Hi, CS!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily -Sunday 6/15

Has anyone else bought the View Master that you can project on the wall? That is really cool! I bought on for my granddaughters a couple of Christmas's ago, they still love it! And, they are not expensive!

Greenie, I am so very sorry to hear about the moisture on the walls of your closet. Yikes! I live in such a dry climate that it is easy to forget how difficult it can be to live in extremely humid areas. I have heard of de-humidifiers....do they help? In the winter in CO I have humidifiers going 24/7.
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

AF Daily -Sunday 6/15

KateH1;891491 wrote: Has anyone else bought the View Master that you can project on the wall? That is really cool! I bought on for my granddaughters a couple of Christmas's ago, they still love it! And, they are not expensive!

Greenie, I am so very sorry to hear about the moisture on the walls of your closet. Yikes! I live in such a dry climate that it is easy to forget how difficult it can be to live in extremely humid areas. I have heard of de-humidifiers....do they help? In the winter in CO I have humidifiers going 24/7.
          It's the wall that was replaced when they fixed the hole in the pipe. That it is apparently still leaking may mean they didn't fix it right or there is (groan) something else going on. At least I have not gotten a new bath vanity and sink nor have I put carpet in the closet and moved stuff back in. They will just have to tear the wall out again and see what is happening. I swear I am so thankful I am sober. I would be out of control over this if I was drinking. Now I just see it as it is and get past the annoyance and deal with it.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily -Sunday 6/15

Greenie I'm so sorry to read that there is still a plumbing issue! You are right to just keep plodding along through it - that's the only thing to do. Isn't it amazing to remember how we could make ANYTHING worse and over dramatized by drinking over it.

Lav, :yougo: on that raspberry jam! (I need to start spelling that correctly!) Mr. Doggy made a PBJ last night with the raspberry / strawberry version and gave it a thumbs up. Considering he will usually ONLY use Smuckers Raspberry Jam (not jelly, and not any other fruit) for this purpose. I guess that goes back to the OCD days. (his self diagnosis, not mine). I bet yours will be great. Congrats on 13 months NF!! That one is a bugger. One day last week I found myself thinking of lighting up and was like...WTF???? I suppose that will always happen once in awhile. Wont' give in to that urge either.

Gaia, you are very right that people are in different head spaces at different times. If a person REALLY wants to get sober (and everyone is certainly not at that place yet) then IMO, one has to be willing to enter the No Bullshit Zone. That I think is the point. While "what is drinking moderately?" can be tricky to figure out, "what is alcohol free" is actually very easy to understand, IMO. So long as we don't try to find a way to make drinking an alcohol free sport! You are doing great. I probably sound like a broken record, but watching your recovery process has been a joy!

Kate, I've not seen any of the Toy Story movies past. Sister wants to go see it in 3D. I've never seen a 3D movie and would like to see something 3D. Should I take her to that one? (LOL she's really good at getting her way so if SHE decides that's the one I'm taking her too then I'm sure that's the way it will be! :H)

I'm almost done with the Salem Falls book. Tomorrow I'm taking Dad to the U of Chicago hospital for his surgery follow up visit. I'll be taking 19 Seconds along. Uni, hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend at your cottage!

Nighty night everyone. Another sober one down the hatch.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X