Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Tues June 22

Good morning Abbers
    I have been missing on this thread and am trying to catch up with you all.

Marshy - Im sending you lots of positive thoughts and heaps of love, I hope the tests do get done asap the worst is the waiting and not knowing. Once you have the facts at least you know what you are dealing with and can take whatever course of action is needed. Its good your Mum quit smoking 15 years ago and doesnt have to be dealing with that right now.
    You know we are all here for you to sound off on any time :l

You can all keep your vegimite and prune yoghurt, I will stick to Lav's raspberry jam thanks...
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

AF daily - Tues June 22

Morning Chilli, and abberoo's!

Best wishes Marshy.

You'd love vegemite Chilli. It's like a very exotic and rare chocolate.

Have a safe, sober, and faaaabulous day all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Hi Mr G - I love all your comments about making sure you have your car with you at social events in order to make a quick exit when necessary....

I can think of a few occasions where I will probably even leave the engine running :H
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Morning fab abbers!

Thanks for the start chill - and the date? How could you fail to mention the date???

Lave or DG is going to have to tell me how to make jam before the figs get ripe.

I wish peace for everyone today. Calmness, and inner strength.

Happy with the workers yesterday. Trampled my plants a little, but that's forgivable. They were tickled over the big bowl of cold cantelope chunks in the heat of the day. The owner of the garage door company called upset because I wanted him to come pick up his door that didnt' fit. Understandable. Unfortunately he doesn't yet understand the part that I'm unhappy that they tried to pull one over on me by telling me it was fine to use my old hardware (at the quoted price) and now he says he doesn't know how that happened, in spite of my questioning and insisting on phone calls regarding that. He insists I allow him to remove the door, install the hardware and put the door back swapping two panels to make it fit or he will put a lien on my house. I settled him down best I could and let him sleep on it. Today I'll mention consumer affairs, licensing agency and fraud and maybe he will understand that I dont' want to be threatened to do business with a company I don't trust. If only I were queen.

That does sound reasonable doesn't it? I'm not being a shrew am I?

Plumber hasn't called me back but I did get an insurance claim started.

One thing that stands out here is patience. Being AF has restored my patience and I'm really greateful to recognise it's importance. So, I have high hopes for today!!

Yesterday evening I went to a program at the library on controlling fire ants. There were people there with some serious ant problems on acres of property. Yikes! I hope they got something from the program, I couldn't tell. Lav, DG & LVT do "ya'll" get fire ants?

OK, sun's up, gotta scoot. Try to hold on to your happy thought. :l :h
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

morning G!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

chillgirl;892575 wrote: Hi Mr G - I love all your comments about making sure you have your car with you at social events in order to make a quick exit when necessary....

I can think of a few occasions where I will probably even leave the engine running :H
            :H Oh yeah, me too!

The customer is alway's right Greenie!
            Sounds like any upset feeling's/issues he has are his, and his company's, and sounds like he's projecting that stuff onto you. (probably unwittingly) But, noooooo, look internally at your own staff, and processes buddy, and just fix it i say.
            Call me old fashioned, but to me, if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing properly, and doing it once. PROPERLY.

A peaceful day folk's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Greenie - What the hell are fire ants! I have plenty ants and im now looking for ones with flames propelling themselves forward :H

Date?!! mg dont know where to start! Very nice handsome mannerly guy but.... DULL! Then on Sunday he drank 3 bottles of wine and declared his love for me!! Can you imagine.... had only met me on Friday, bit intense. So when I picked him up and delivered him back to the airport on Mon morning he was hungover and stinking of booze....:egad:
              Anyway it was the 1st and last as far as my dating career is concerned, I deleted myself from the site and have decided that if the Universe wants me to have a guy it will deliver one to me DHL without all this crap :H
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Morning Greenie! :h:h

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Morning all,

Thanks Chill. Yeah, how did the date go?

Greenie - It puts me on edge just reading about trouble with contractors (or anyone else). Can't stand it.

Hi G!

Well, my mum just got back from the hospital and sounded much more chipper. She said the consultant was very nice (which all helps, I spose!) and he's booked her in for an MR scan tomorrow and an endoscopy on Thursday. He's not discounting anything yet but did mention the possibility of an abscess. I spose I'm just hoping for "anything but cancer". Anyway, at least she's being treated very quickly and her GP & consultant both sound as though they are really on the ball.

(I googled lung abscess - primary cause... alcoholism.)
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Aussie post has a speedy service......;-)

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

That's pretty quick Marshy. Good stuff.

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Guitarista;892596 wrote: That's pretty quick Marshy. Good stuff.
                        It is, isn't it? I'm impressed by the speed things are happening at.

Right, I can leave the house now mum has called (she doesn't do mobile phones :H).

See you all later.
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Marshy;892591 wrote:

(I googled lung abscess - primary cause... alcoholism.)
                          Marshy is your Mum a drinker?
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Hello all! I'm zoom zoomin' for now but wanted to say Marshy, so glad they are speeding things along with your Mom and that there is good possibility it's not cancer. (lung abcess sounds :egad: though - I know nothing about that!)

Greenie! Just for you! Figs: picking tips, facts and recipes: Great things to make from fresh figs This web site has very annoying fonts but I've found it very useful for jams and other canning projects. I want some of whatever you make with those figs. And some of Lav's jam. Then I can rest in peace.

Hello to all and may the gods of Household Projects smile upon you today. And the good date gods too.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF daily - Tues June 22

Hello Hello one and all!

Had a very productive morning and got back to find myself with an AL craving. Yuck. Why? Why me? wah wah wah. Well, two bowls of chocolate ice cream later, here I am still AF. Bleah.

Marshy - I am glad to hear your mom is more stable. I missed it, does she have lung abscess? I think periodontal problems can cause it too. I hope she gets the help she needs.

DG how is your step coach today? I know what you mean about being able to do things at night which before were impossible. That's a great feeling to be coherent at 10:00 pm when before it would have been a nightmare.

Craving for chocolate coming on...

Greenie why all the home repairs? Did something happen to your house, or are you just highly motivated? The garage guy is thinking he paid for the door and can't return it so he's trying to pass it off. Maybe he can sell it on ebay.

Hi G, LV, Chill. Chill I laughed at your date. Sounds like a nightmare. AL breath on Sunday morning is not a turn on. Hang in there.
                              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Working...
                              X