Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday June 23

Good Morning everyone!

My phone keeps ringing but then there is no one there! Weirdness.

Today I am feeling happy and enthusiastic.

Oh Greenie on the fireants - you know you have to really find the queen or else the hills just keep moving from one place to another. And they are NASTY! They also love that lovely black mulch which smells so nice, sadly. So black mulch is not recommended in southern climes. Did you make it through the night without the garage door?

Marshy I hope you have good new on your mom today.

Chill, Lav, DG, AA, Mom3, Uni, and sorry if I left anyone off... but HI!

Well I MUST get myself going but hello and happy morning!
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

hi gaia and good morning to you and to all others who drop in today, dont quit quitting, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good Morning Abbers

Gaia - Is weirdness really a word? I think it sounds great and will use it today at every opportunity!
      Some words are just so good, I used to have a Dutch boyfriend who's English was amazing but he loved learning new words and I would teach him ones like bizzare which he totally got just by how it sounded. And higglety pigglety, kafuffle & lackadaisical.....

Uni - I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday, did you do something nice?

Cinders - Sounds like you have a good manager, well done on the flight, its difficult when they start handing out free booze.

I have been out for my morning cycle and my bike is making some strange noises, could it have a yeast infection DG???

I look forward to all the weirdness still to come today........:H
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Morning all,

Gaia, thanks for the early start. Where are you in the world?

Chill - I was going to cycle to work but it's too hot, amazingly. Bit of a mini heatwave here.

Cindi - the travelling must make it so much worse. I hate it when they keep you on the plane when there's a delay. I was stuck on a plane once when they announced there was a hole in the cockpit that a mechanic had to look at. Didn't sound too bad when they said it very matter-of-factly like that. But then the woman sitting next to me asked me what the problem was. She didn't speak much English and I was trying to explain "hole in cockpit", and repeating it slowly and making gestures, and it suddenly sunk in with me and I thought HOLE IN THE COCKPIT??? Let me off now!

Sounds as though you're coming round to the idea that it's just not worth all the drawbacks. What's that saying about work? At the end of our lives, we never look back and wish we'd spent more time at the office...

Lav - I didn't know lung abscesses are rare. It's just been mooted as a possibility so far. When I spoke to mum yesterday, I asked her if the consultant had given any possibilities of what it might be, and there was a pause before she said "maybe an abscess". So I suppose it's one thing he said but he might have said other stuff that she' s not telling me (yet). It was my dad who told me her GP had mentioned cancer, mum hasn't said that to me and I know she won't unless that turns out to be the diagnosis because she won't want me to worry. In fact, if my dad hadn't mentioned cancer I wouldn't be so worried. That just seems the real bogey man of diseases, even though there are lots of others that are just as bad if not worse.

DG & Lav - please send jam ASAP so I can do a taste test and report back on the pectin/no pectin debate.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Morning Abber's!

Yes Lav, could you hand a couple of jars of jam to Hugh Jackman, and tell him to send them on to me please.
          Best wishes to you and your mum Marshy, and to you and your Step coach DG.

Well, enough persiflage from me. Wishing everyone a day magnanimous in it's magnificence.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Abbers near and far!!!

:banana::bath2::banana:

Guess what!! The plumber never called. But the insurance guy came and..... here is the important part - remember how I decided to love the house and raise the energy? I'm getting a whole new bathroom AND bedroom carpet! He said it had a yeast infection.

I dropped by the police office and asked them to keep an eye out. I asked the woman if they liked the zucchini bread (just a friendly reminder, eh?). Seems it was a hit. Anyway, everything is there. I could almost add "unfortunately" here, but keep the energy up greenie. Speaking of schmoozing, yesterday I gave my guys cold watermelon. It is very funny how they have become almost protective of me. They were grumbling because the garage door guy came while they were at lunch. Guys are so funny. In a good way of course.

Cindi I am so impressed about the free booze on the plane. That was a mother of a temptation to resist!! This is a huge turning point for you. I bet you have a flying dream soon.

Dr. Bernie Seigel has some good stuff out about serious illness - from a different perspective. The mental/emotional aspect of the illness and how to address it from that standpoint but in a way that is full of hope and humor. My mother had thyroid cancer (throat chakra) and I feel it was because she held back so much.

I've got to get the screens out (I'm going to redo them) before the painters get here so I have to run. I keep good thoughts of hope and wellness for you and those you care for in my head all day :h

I'll be back for more persiflage later
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Couldn't log on until just now.......
              just as well, I'm having a quiet moment while the Energizer Bunny is napping

Hot & sunny again today - I suppose everyone in firing up air conditioners caused a power failure 30 minutes ago. I love my generator!!!!

G - I'll have to see if DG is up for a 'Best of Jam' contest!

Marshy, if you want to do a little reading:
              Lung Abscess: Pulmonary Disorders: Merck Manual Professional

Greenie, any PD (and FD) will accept any food donations you offer - they're not choosey from my experience. I've cooked & baked for them forever! Glad your garage got thru the night untouched

Guess I should pick up the morning's mess before my little buddy wakes up & starts his afternoon mess!

Have a great AF Humpday everyone.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

being English I am a marmalade type !
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Raven,
                  I like orange marmalade myself but can't grow oranges here in PA.
                  With all the woinderful mushroom houses nearby maybe I should make mushroom jam????
                  That would be interesting
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, well there's jalapeno jelly so mushroom jam just doesn't seem that weird, after all. :yuk:

Yes. I was proud of myself for not taking the airline up on the free booze.

I am working 6-8 hour days. It is wonderful. Comes time to go. I go.

Marshy, at least things are moving quickly so you won't have to drag this out internally too long. I don't do "what ifs" well at all. My brain starts spinning on something and that is all I can think of.

Raven, I have never been able to enjoy orange marmalade, it is the bitterness of the peels that turns me off. However, having been a teenager in Florida, I do love my oranges and grapefruit. Good stuff!!

Greenie, let the guys feel like they are protecting you. We are talking southern men here, it is just what they do.

Well, I keep thinking about mushroom jelly and I feel slightly queasy now.

I guess I better go poke around elsewhere and get my mind off of it.

I am reading Eclipse, btw. My granddaughter made me watch the first two movies last week and now I want to know what is going to happen. :H

I also have the entire set of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If I feel like a bit of laughter, I pick that up and read a bit. Oh yes, 42!!

Love to all,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Not ONE of you laughed over the bathroom having a yeast infection!! What the heck?
                      sigpic

Comment

Here ya go, Greenie:

LOL! Very funny ha ha

p.s. this website was down yesterday no?
                        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Thank you gaia! I am complete now. :H
                          sigpic

Comment

Err, rofl, lmao, lmfao, lol, lofl, roflmfao.

lol.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm getting a whole new bathroom AND bedroom carpet! He said it had a yeast infection.
                              I laughed so loud my co-worker in the next office asked what was so funny!!! I just couldn't write a reply right then.
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X