Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday July 2

Hello,

Well someone has to start our day! Morning everyone! Wakey wakey!

Menu for the day - pasta salad! With olives, cucumbers, parsley, feta, one bowl with mayo the other with olive oil/balsamic.

Who's ready for a picnic?

Today I find myself thinking about the meaning of life! Our neighbor teenagers had a party last night which ended at 7:34 am - seriously! They threw up on the trampoline. Yuk! I really really do celebrate youth, but I am thinking about firing up the very loud hedge trimmers as my revenge now that they are finally asleep. Ha!
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

AF Daily - Friday July 2

gOOD mORNING ~!~

:H good typing greenie! I just got up. Gaia you sound FABBIE!!!! It made me smile for you!

Ya'll - marshy, LVT, DG if you can... I plsted a replay link to Dr. Bernie siegel in holistic healing last night. Try to give it a listen. It's about healing. medical but via the soul & body - lots of cancer patinet work It's only available for 48 hours from last night

coffee.....coffe......
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 2

And.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY AATHLETE!! hope you have a fabbie day!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 2

Good morning Gaia & Greenie!

I'm finally up - overslept but I'm very happy about it
        I listened to my new CD last night 'Breathing Magic Into Forgiveness' by Anna Casper, Reiki Master & Spiritual Teacher. What a great experience, loved it! I found it on the DailyOM website, so glad I did!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AATHLETE!!!!!!!!!

It's a beautiful day, really enjoying this break in the heatwave - nice

Wishing everyone a fab day!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 2

Happy Birthday, AATHLETE! xo

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 2

Gaia, 7.34am is very precise! Is that when you called the cops? :H

Greenie, I'll look at the post when I come up for air on Sunday - I'm on a couple of 12-hour shifts. Are you leaving today? Oh, I've just seen it's only available for 48 hours. Might have a look tonight when I get home if I'm not too knackered.

Lav, I'm feeling the need for a bit of med time. Hanging on for Sunday.

So after the cock-up, my mum went into hospital yesterday. They took three pints of fluid off her lungs. Three pints! No wonder she couldn't breathe.

I was thinking it would be a fairly straightforward procedure but apparently not. There's also fluid between the outer wall and the lining of the lung so they have to get that OUT but not allow any air to get IN. They put tubes into the lungs through her back and have stitched them in place so they don't become dislodged. And she has to lie on her back on top of the tubes and the stitches because the fluid has to drain out by itself, they can't suck it out because that would collapse the lungs. So, it's a complicated business.

Oh, and she's in a lot of pain but is refusing pain relief My dad spoke to the nurses about it and they said they are happy to give her morphine up to the eyeballs if she wants it but she won't have it. So, what can you do? I was talking to a friend about it last night and my friend reckoned it was a way of mum having control over a situation that she has no control over. Who knows? People do all sorts of odd things. Not sure how long she'll have to stay in yet.

Anyway, gotta run. Nearly caved on the ice-cream front last night, but didn't! Day 3 :H
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 2

Hello everyone - wishing you and your mum all the best Marshy
              happy birthday aathlete

Long long day at work but made some decisions after a good chat with a good friend about how I can take a bit more control - at work and in relationships - all coincided at the same time - realise I do too much - for some people - and at work - and carry responsibility for situations in their entirety.
              No more! Got employee assistance counsellor calling me Monday evening too.

Skating in a bit - then nice chilled weekend - lie in tomorrow - anniversary party tomorrow (but in afternoon and we're driving so no drinking).Sunday skating again and another lie in lunch out - nice.lots of nice chilled out listening to hypno tapes too.

anyway - happy Frday everyone and see you tomorrow.
              day8 af, day6 nf
              one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily - Friday July 2

Hello friends!

A quick check in from me. Thanks for that link Greenie, I will check it out later today. I'm also going to check out that CD Lav. Glad your anny dinner went well, you seem to be handling the situation well--I do feel for ya.

I have been running my a$$ off again this week. It has been hot and windy which just drains me! I came home yesterday and took a nap! We got a little shower this morning, so today it is hot and humid, which I prefer over hot and dry any day! I am still planting garden stuff.
                The greenhouse is planted and the soaker hose is in place. It gets pretty hot in there! I'm going to need a swamp cooler in the future I think. This will be in interesting experiment to see how my crops do by waiting until it is hot to plant. What a weird weather year.

I got a link on facebook this morning on an episode of the Today show saying the number of ER visits from teenagers that are alcohol related double on the 4th of July! And more girls are drinking more. This really concerns me.
                The 4th is not my favorite holiday anyway. For one, it starts on the 25th of June. And it is perfectly ok for kids to play with fire and explosives. One year hubby put a lit punk in his eye. Goes to show alcohol and fireworks don't mix!

marshy, I'm glad your mum is getting some relief. But man what an ordeal! Terry had the high dose radiation on her pituitary to hopefully shut the Cushings disease down this week, and she is scheduled for the bowel resection on the 12th! At least we are moving forward. After she recoups from that she will be able to get the new hip which will be great because that is what is causing her the most pain and weakness right now!! Thanks again for all of the concern and prayers for her.

Wishing everyone a great AF weekend! And Gaia be sure to save me some of that pasta salad!!! It would be delicious with the chicken I'm going to grill tonight!!

:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                X