af daily sun 4 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily sun 4 July

hey there - i had a huge argument with oh yesterdy - tears - unkind words the lot.
    Gaia - I do roller derby - that's what I mean by skating, contact sport on quad skates - amazing fun!I'm off there again later on too.

Sorted things out with OH I was being unfair it was overspill from work stress - I was exhausted for the rest of the day - 2 hour nap in afternoon then bed at midnight - up at 9 today.

I had 2 beers and 2 cigarettes - moving on from that - I think I just wanted to escape for a bit. I'm back today.

Today is more roller derby, lunch out and an early night for me.
    Plan to walk to work tomorrow as it's the only way I can fit some exercise in. I am trying to be active every day - helps my mood and helps my weight loss.
    I have lost half a stone so far - 3 more to go - breaking it down helps.

I need to stay focused in the present - serenity prayer if I can call it to mind helps me stick to goals/feel much happier.

Good day all to come - off to listen to hypnosis tape again - keeps me chilled.
    one day at a time

af daily sun 4 July

Morning Abbers!

Sorry you had a bad day bear. Good that you are sticking with us!

Getting ready to celebrate Independence Day with my family. This is my second sober July 4th - I'm happy about that

Temps predicted near 100 degrees today so I'm going to make gallons of decaf green tea today to keep everyone well hydrated. Think I'll thrown in some of my chocolate mint leaves for a little kick

Wishing everyone a happy & safe July 4th!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sun 4 July

Happy 4th of July!

Hi all fom the alamodome! This has been an amazing weekend. Have a fab ab day one and all! They just handed out the 30,000,000th copy of the big book.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily sun 4 July

That's cool DG! Enjoy yourself!

My 3rd sober July 4th!! Amazes me how fast the time goes really! Last night was a REAL big test for me. I'm really glad I volunteered early on to be designated driver, because it would have been really easy to have a few beers! We had made plans to go to an outdoor concert and supper (I knew the food would save me) but before we left we had a huge storm. We were already at our friend's house when it hit--80 -100 mph winds with rain and hail. I was seriously afraid for our lives since they live in a modular home and do not have a basement.
        But everything held together although a lot of farmers in the area lost crops and pivots, plus flooding and trees down. What a mess!
        There was a lot of drinking at the concert of course, and hubby was on a roll seeing friends he hadn't seen in a long time. It was ok for awhile, but then we got separated and I found myself alone again around all the couples. I told him next time I was going to bring a date for myself.:H
        I found myself explaining to a couple of people that I don't drink--not even one or two and they look at me like I'm nuts!
        Anyway, I hope everyone here in the USA has a happy 4th of July.
        Thanks to all of our troops for trying to protect our freedom! :h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

af daily sun 4 July

top of the 4th me AF darlings near and far!

Bear, Lavande, DoggyGirl, LVT et al.....good to see your shining faces.

yes, been conspicuously absent, just taking a wee respite and mostly engaging on chat in the late hours before bed. AF, happy and thinking fondly of you all

be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X