July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Sped, Red is on vacation this week. She mentioned that she would probably not be able to post while away.

Rustop, Even though it is their lives, it doesn't make it any less difficult to watch sometimes. People always told me when my kids were young and still under roof that you are a parent even after they grow up and leave and sometimes that makes it even harder for you. You care so much for them and want to smooth the way for them, but when they are adults, you have to step back and you can't really help many times. Sigh.

Cloudy rainy day here, so we went to the mall and walked and at some good chinese food.

Peace and strength, friends.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hi Dill. Hi troops. I had yet another fun and delicious lunch with our Sped/Shelley this afternoon; I have never met in person an individual I have come to know through the internet before, and it has been such a treat. Given this venue in particular, it is also a relief to know the question of a cocktail will not surface in any form other than sick, dark humor or a gently shared and empathic understanding. Speaking of food, I am having daily fantasies of Maine, Rusty. One of my top five favorite meals of all my whole (long) life was at a restaurant that is in Kennebunkport, The White Barn Inn. I shall never forget the experience of it.

I am perking along, continuing to improve from the various interruptions of my ?plan? for the summer. I worked yesterday morning and it was good to get all dressed up and fly down the highway under my own piloting for a change while listening to Linda Ronstadt and Ann Savoy sing ?Parlez-moi d?amour?. I felt alive again. While I like to save up for my vacation and look forward to going, I have the great fortune of not really needing holidays per se so much anymore as my life tends to be rather content and relaxed all by itself; I never thought I would be in this odd spot and do not take it for granted. I hope all well with each of you. Love, Ladybird.
      may we be well

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hi dill. I liked your daily readings post. That was me for nearly two years. I tried to mod and drink like a lady but once an alcoholic..always an alcoholic. I am just grateful that I have seen the light and can do something about my devastating disease. Not to drink!!
        I can imagine its frustrating to see your son in such a relationship. It certainly was for my mum. .The times I would call her and cry over the phone. Plus I was a heavy drinker which worried here. Oh well. I am making my mum much ,much happier these days. She is so happy with my AF weeks..so am I !! Feng shui..is that the positioning of furniture in a room?

Sped - I agree that you cant fix anyone but yourself. People need to learn through their own mistakes. Something I have also learnt in life when my advice has backfired. Ha ha I like your comment about arranged marriages. I will probably feel the same when my son picks the wrong one to marry ( or wrong for me!!). My mum has been consistently horrified with my choice of men in my life. Ha ha.

Lav. This books sounds like my kind of thing. Whats this book about? And where on earth does Mr Lav disappear to?

My son has gone to Barbados with my mum for 6 weeks. I have family there so it's a wonderful bonding holiday for him. I am going to miss him but I already have a plan to keep my self pity at bay... Books, this forum, great movies, gym and chocolate ( lots and lots of it). And maybe a short holiday somewhere.

hi rustop and Ladybird. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hi Folks,

Here's a link if you are interested in Radical Forgiveness:
          Forgiveness at Radical Forgiveness.com

rebirth, Mr Lav just moves himself into one of the empty cottages on the college campus where he works. He is required to pay some small amount in rent. I've never seen the place but it must be comfortable enough.

I had a nice dinner & evening with my favorite 19 month old
          Wish all of you a peaceful night!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Good Morning July Friends,

LBH-I'm glad you had lunch with Shelley-did you help her pick out a lovely outfit for the wedding? Where are you going on vacation?

Lav-I'm glad you had fun with your EB grandson!

Dill-how are you?

Chill-I love reading your posts in the other threads. They always inspire me.

Rebirth-you must be lonely without your son....I've never been to Barbados....sounds fascinating.

Yesterday, we went back to Kennebunkport because I wanted to see George Bush's estate on Walker Point. It really is beautiful. It has special meaning for me because when I was 27 years old and a TV news reporter, I interviewed Barbara Bush. She is a lovely person and a very kind woman. I was just starting out in TV at the time and she pushed all the other major networks aside so she could talk to me. I was so thrilled!

LBH-The White Barn? I will check it out.

A cheery hello to Rustop, Sooty, Red, Cyntree, Gaia, Bear, and anyone else who drops by! Have a fabulous AF day!

Love,

Rusty

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Morning All!
              Hi Rusty, I heard on the news yesterday that Bush 41 got caught in a fog on his boat and his boat ran aground on Gooch's beach! They must be in Kennebunkport. Keep your eyes peeled for Barbara. I always liked that woman.
              Rebirth, 6 weeks without your little boy will be a challenge! I hope you can keep yourself busy. I was thinking that he is probably a big part of your motivation to stay AF. I will thinking of you and sending you strength.
              One day this week we will be taking out the boat...either today or Friday. We haven't decided. It's so nice to have time off and just decide on the spur of the moment what we will do for the day!
              LBH it makes me so happy to know you are back in control of things and able to get out and function once again! You've had such a challenging time these last few months. I went to the pet store to look for shubunkins and orfes. I found itty bitty shubunkins, but they didn't have orfes. The store clerk told me of a pond store in a nearby town. That will be an adventure for another day!
              Lav, I am glad you have your grandson to take the sting away!!!
              Good AF Humpday to one and all!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Rusty - Wow! You interviewed Barbara Bush, thats awesome! You sound like you are having a wonderful vacation, a great testiment that it can be done AF.

Dill - Has the boat got a name yet?

Rebirth - I love all the activities you have lined up for yourself. I had to laugh when I read your quote "drink like a lady", oh how many times I started with that intention! I often think it must be hysterical for bartenders, in I come all proper and polite ordering my G&T or my white wine, looking all elegant and sofisticated and engaging in intelligent conversation...... fast forward 4 hours: slumped on my barstool, knocking them back as fast as he can pour, talking loudly, brashly & incoherently! oh my..... :H

Happy AF humpday to you all :l
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hi Rusty and Dill. Yes he is a big motivator to stay sober but I have plans to stay busy. Hitting the gym tonight for a kickboxing class. I will just stay busy, upbeat and positive..and stick to this forum. x
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Good morning Rebirth, Dill, and Chill. Rusty, when we were in Kennebunkport, we were at a restaurant which I am not sure is still there, I think it was called Windows on the Water (really good lobster bisque). We were there at an odd hour and the only other diners in one little area with just four tables or so were George and Barbara Bush and two of their friends. Lord Bird Heart and I could hardly say a word to one another during our meal as we were so busy idiotically eavesdropping. I am not sure what we expected, some sort of State secrets or something that would prickle our liberal pinko commie Democrat ears, but it was just gracious conversation, lovely and cordial. We both liked them a lot. Darn, there went another f-ing illusion. Have fun. Love, Ladybird.
                    may we be well

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hi everyone

This thread never ceases to keep me entertained. I love hearing about what everyone is either getting up to or experiences they have had. Just a quick check in as I have to go chauffer my daughter. Raining all morning but managed to get my walk done so a good start to the day. Had coffee with my cousins (who died) stepdaughter and her Fiancee who are home from Spain. It was nice to catch up.

Have a great day one and all.

Rustop

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Good morning July friends,

Feeling like I should be heading to Maine right about now
                        I've never been that far north but I have been to Cape Cod.

Lots of clouds remaining today, storms off & on thru the night. Looks like another ugly day out there.
                        I have managed to run outside & pick many pounds of cherry tomatoes from the volunteer plants that popped up in the garden. I'll have to do something with them soon. Last summer I made & froze cherry tomato salsa.

rebirth, stay close to the thread! We will try to help keep you motivated

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Morning,
                          What a great thread. I love to check in every morning. I just got back from my run and am relaxing with my iced coffee and my trusty laptop. Jury duty starts today but made plans with my sister to go up north for the weekend. She has a little casita high in the mountains of northern New Mexico, one of my all time favorite place to be is her front porch.

LBH, you're posting early! It's interesting that you are so content to stay in one place where as I find myself just itching to get on the road again. Thank you for lunch yesterday. I promise to be a good student when you give me fashion instruction. I'm well aware that I'm getting advice from an expert.

Dill, is Mr. Dill retired? I am so glad you are enjoying your summer vacation. When does your school start? One of my closest friends here is an SLP. She found out this summer that because of budget cuts her case load is going to almost double. She is just dreading going back.

Rusty, I am so impressed that you used to be a TV personality! Did you interview any other famous people? And again, I'm loving your travelog.

Rebirth, have you been to Barbados?

Chill, thanks for always being the voice of reason. Some other threads have been a little inflammatory lately and your cool and calm attitude is appreciated.

Lav, my therapist recommended Radical Forgiveness but haven't gotten to it yet. I need to make more time for reading. It seems to always be put off till bedtime and then I'm often too sleepy to appreciate anything with more depth than a mystery.

Have a good Wednesday all.
                          Sooty, we're waiting for your return, you too Red. Hi Rustop, does it get hot in Ireland?

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Chillgirl;910843 wrote: Rebirth - I love all the activities you have lined up for yourself. I had to laugh when I read your quote "drink like a lady", oh how many times I started with that intention! I often think it must be hysterical for bartenders, in I come all proper and polite ordering my G&T or my white wine, looking all elegant and sofisticated and engaging in intelligent conversation...... fast forward 4 hours: slumped on my barstool, knocking them back as fast as he can pour, talking loudly, brashly & incoherently! oh my..... :H
                            :l
                            Did you also think you were a great breakdancer too? :H

Hey sped I grew up in Barbados till the age of 15. I then moved to the UK. I go back on a regular basis to catch up with old friends and to enjoy that caribbean climate of sun, sea and diet coke ( use to be rum but no longer).

Anway off to the gym in a few hours to do some kickboxing. Not missing my son as yet....got my chocolates ready for emergency though. You never know when self pity creeps up on you. I find it helps a little with cravings too. I can see that I will become rather large....

I STILL get the odd shivers thinking that I havnt drank for 7 weeks?!! Somebody pinch me???? Am I really doing this??

Ah life is good even when I feel miserable. It's never as miserable as the days when I woke up with a dreadful hangover and feeling ashamed of myself for the umpteenth time.

Sorry guys. Just having a feel good moment with myself. :thanks: thanks again for your lovely support...your lovely banter
                            Be strong-

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

oh. its six weeks actually
                              Be strong-

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Rusty the TV Star - WOW :H
                                Now that's something I never could have done.........I always hid in the back of the group picture :H

Shelley, I downloaded Radical Forgiveness on my Kindle. It's easy to drop the thing in your bag & take anywhere. I do most of my reading in waiting rooms (Doc, Dentist, Mechanic, etc). If I wait until night to do my reading then it usually doesn't get done - too tired!

rebirth - 6 or 7 weeks doesn't matter as long as you are happy & feeling good

On a down note I just have to say 'F_ _ _ the bunny rabbits who sheared off my two beautiful basil plants over night :upset:
                                Gardening is such a pain in the butt around here - too much wildlife roaming around at night. Maybe I should look into an electric fence
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X