July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hey lav. Rabbits are lovely but how annoying. How about rabbit traps?
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

rebirth;910961 wrote: Did you also think you were a great breakdancer too? :H

I STILL get the odd shivers thinking that I havnt drank for 7 weeks?!! Somebody pinch me???? Am I really doing this??

Ah life is good even when I feel miserable. It's never as miserable as the days when I woke up with a dreadful hangover and feeling ashamed of myself for the umpteenth time.

Sorry guys. Just having a feel good moment with myself. :thanks: thanks again for your lovely support...your lovely banter
      Not just breakdancing but singing too :H

Yes you are really really doing this and its absolutely fantastic!!

Rebirth I still have these moments every other day, something trival will spark a memory of some drunken time or a horrendous hangover and I shudder and am so grateful its over.....
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Wow, you guys move fast! I was in meetings all day yesterday, came home to a house with 1/2 of the airconditioning not working, and so had my hands full last evening. But reading the interim posts today, I feel like I was gone for another week!

RustyTVstar - what a great story about the interview - do you have copies of your work so that you can revisit it? Still loving the thought of Maine. Though we would not be able to move there for 2 years yet, my husband is daily looking at real estate and rental houses. That's what 115 degrees will do to your brain. LBH - you sound terrific! I loved the vision of you flying along the highway, piloting your own course. There's nothing like it - so glad that things seem to be on the up and up. Rebirth - congrats on your achievements and your plan to keep all in place. Wonderful.

Dill, Lav (what's an EB grandson?), Sped, et al - thinking of you. All who are interested in the 'Clear your Clutter' book (it's not like any other 'clutter' book): if you want to go deeper into Karen Kingston's work, check out 'Creating Sacred Space with Feng Shui'. 'Clutter' is best read first, I think.

Lav - please tell dear Sooty that we're wishing her happy hump day!
        to the light

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

rebirth - if I start trapping rabbits what would I do with them???????? :H

cyn - EB is Energizer Bunny grandson. He's 19 months old now & just goes & goes...........

OK, not trying to impress anyone or anything but -
          I just put 5 lbs. of cherry tomatoes in the dehydrator!!! Organically grown volunteer cherries to boot!
          Some of you may remember Mr Lav spent lots of money last summer buying this dehydrator & only played with the thing once or twice. Well, he left it behind when he pulled out of here, I have a key to his garage so I figure it's FINDERS KEEPERS
          I cut them in half & laid them out on 5 trays. (It is a 9 tray dehydrator). Set the temp at 105 degrees & the timer for 24 hrs. Probably won't take that long so I will be checking in on them. I'm feeling proud of myself right now

I will email Ms Sooty, I haven't heard from her yesterday or today.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Chillgirl;911001 wrote: Not just breakdancing but singing too :H

Yes you are really really doing this and its absolutely fantastic!!

Rebirth I still have these moments every other day, something trival will spark a memory of some drunken time or a horrendous hangover and I shudder and am so grateful its over.....
            :H Yes I also enjoyed howling too.

Grateful is THE word! Also glad it's over. Thats what I love about this forum. ..the mixture of people on here. I need the long term abstainers for inspiration and guidance ( I am a mere toddler with sobriety) and the ones still struggling to stop, to remind myself of the chaos and madness of drink. Oh It sure does turn you MAD!!
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Wow Lavvy that is very cool about you and the dehydrator. I have never used one and love the concentrated flavors. Are you going to dry other fruits and veggies as well? I just had a quaint lady stop by to pick up a plant I placed on the internet for donation with a horticulture society. She was old and wiry with a voice like a stevedore and muddy clothes, and she called the plant ?she? and ?my new friend?. As I have had this plant for over thirty years and am quite attached to it, I was so glad she had been the ?first responder? on my email and claimed her prize. A couple of gentlemen (both physicians) who contacted me appeared to have extensive ?collections? where the "fine specimen" would be showcased, but I like the idea of the two old ?girls? being out there somewhere. I think having a clear head makes me much more curious and appreciative and easily amused. Let?s keep this life going. I am so glad you are around again Cyn. Hi famous Rusty, Rustop (I want to be in The Closet in Ireland), Chill (do you ever get north to I think it is called the Douro River Valley?.I saw it once at eighteen and recall it as exquisite), Dill (baby fish!), Shelley (buddy), Redstar (enjoy your holiday), Rebirth (if that is your photo you are adorable and I am so glad you are going to stay that way by taking care of your dear self), Sooty (shall we dance?), et. al. Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

LBH - you know I think I'm easily amused with this clear head as well!
                I think it's nice that you gave your precious plant to someone who will appreciate it to the fullest

Funny, one of Mr Lav's chief complaints is that I'm not happy anymore..............
                I think he means that 'HE' is not happy anymore..........
                He's always been good at projecting & blaming everyone else for the BS in his head.

I'm going to go check on the progress of the cherry tomatoes now. If they turn out well I'll send everyone some - yum
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Lav. I could never quite see the sense in bunny traps either. My mum would let them out in the field next door and they would return the next day. erm. It will keep you busy?
                  Be strong-

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

LBH - I love your story about the "two old girls"!
                    The Douro Valley is much further north from where I am and Im sorry to say my only knowledge of the region is from the excellent wine they produce.... at least in my previous life

Lav - Does your dehydrater make the tomatoes go like sundried ones? I love them!
                    Is it just me or is your Avatar winking more frequently than usual?

Had dinner at the beach with a close friend tonight, she is normally quite a drinker but tonight she only had one glass of wine. As each days goes by I feel more and more comfortable being AF out there in the world and im amazed at how many people are now drinking much less when they are with me!
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Maybe my avatar had too much coffee today & is blinking more than usual :H:H

The tomatoes are supposed to turn out like sun dried tomatoes - we shall see

We usually have so many hawks that help keep the bunny population down. They must be busy elsewhere!! The only person who appreciates the bunnies is my grandson.

Oh well!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

"The Rewards of Sobriety can be mature or juvenile. Children have to be bribed to do things that are for their own good, because they lack the capacity to understand. Adults should know better. The reward for living a healthy life is contained within itself: good health. The reward for living a spiritual life is the dignity of knowing we have elevated ourselves. The reward for being sober is sobriety. Avoiding chemicals and coping with reality may not be pleasant, and the child within us may want some reward for tolerating this discomfort. But the adult should be satisfied with the true reward for being sober: sobriety.

Good morning everyone

I get the daily readings e-mailed to me and thought I would share this. It is so true.
                        Lav - Well done with the tomatoes, dying to hear how they turned out.
                        Chill - You sound stronger and stronger, so glad to be sharing this journey with you.
                        LBH - It's nice your plant went to somebody who appreciates it.
                        Rusty - Hope you are still enjoying Maine.

Rebirth, Cyn, Sooty, Sped, Star, Dill and anyone else I missed big hello.

Rustop

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

rustop61;911493 wrote: "The Rewards of Sobriety can be mature or juvenile. Children have to be bribed to do things that are for their own good, because they lack the capacity to understand. Adults should know better. The reward for living a healthy life is contained within itself: good health. The reward for living a spiritual life is the dignity of knowing we have elevated ourselves. The reward for being sober is sobriety. Avoiding chemicals and coping with reality may not be pleasant, and the child within us may want some reward for tolerating this discomfort. But the adult should be satisfied with the true reward for being sober: sobriety.

Rustop
                          Love this Rustop! For me healthy living and true spiritual awareness can only be achieved with sobriety and the rewards are beyond my wildest dreams.

I have been trying and failing to get out of bed early to see the sunrise recently and this morning I finally made it and was on the beach with my dog by 6.30am... heaven!
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Hi Gang,

Just a quick hello to all my pals here: Lav, LBH, Star, Sped, Rustop, Chill, Dill, Rebirth, Cyntree, Spudddle, Gaia, Bear....Mr. G, come out, come out, wherever you are (this is not just a WOMEN's thread....but it probably seems that way!:H )

Rustop and Cyntree....I was hardly famous when I was a TV news reporter/anchor...I was in a very small market. Big fish in small pond kind of thing! And, that was 22 years and 70 pounds ago!:H

I am furiously packing my bag as my flight leaves in a few hours. It was a glorious, fabulous vacation.....all that worrying I did and thinking so negatively about things that never happpened...why do I still do that to myself?:listening:

I'll check in with you guys later! Thank you so much for all your support and friendship, before, during and after my trip. I love you guys,

Rusty

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Okay I am having a motivation problem. I woke up and it was hot, at 4:30 in the morning. And I am literally dragging my feet at the thought of going out and running.
                              But,Chill thank you very much for your post about getting up and out. It was just what I needed.
                              And Lav aren't I lucky?? I don't need a dehydrater. Anything I put in my back yard dehydrates and that includes humans.
                              Be back soon. Short run day.

Comment

July Jamboree ~ Week 2

Good Morning Jammers,
                                Rusty, so glad you enjoyed your time in Maine. ".....all that worrying I did and thinking so negatively about things that never happpened...why do I still do that to myself?" I can so relate to that! I did the same about the visit with my BIL and SIL last weekend. Once they arrived, everything was fine and I had an wonderful time!
                                Rustop, thank you for the reading. It hit the spot!
                                Lav, I am going to follow your lead and dehydrate my cherry tomatoes. I don't have enough yet, but soon, very soon.... Interesting what Mr. Lav said. You know, you probably are different in ways that you don't maybe realize since you are AF. I wonder if that is a factor in his perceptions. I know that I am different. Things that I ignored or that rolled off my back when drinking, I am dealing now. I am more interactive. Things matter more to me in our relationship and home because I don't have the nightly escape to go to.
                                LBH, I was watching the Smithsonian channel last night because Mr. D wanted to watch "Earthrace". I watched just a portion of it that interested me because of you: They had to go through the Panama Canal! I watched that with interest as I had never seen it before and I knew you would be going there soon! It took them 12 hours to go from Atlantic to Pacific.
                                Rebirth, I tried live traps for our house mice. They work wonderfully but then...what to do? How far will they travel to come right back? I read that they can go a pretty long way to get back home, although right now, I don't remember how far that was exactly. I ended up taking them 4 miles away and releasing them.:H
                                Cyn, this thread really did move fast yesterday! I was out on the boat reading and relaxing and when I got back home I was blown away by the posts! It was really fun hearing everybody's doings.
                                Red, I wonder if you'll read and catch up on this week that you're away. If so, I just wanted to mention that I just finished The Stranger by Albert Camus. I am still pondering it. I think I need the Cliff's notes!:H
                                Chill, it sounds like you are shining your light in the world, both here and in your 3D life!
                                OK, off to meet a girlfriend, eat breakfast, take a walk and then shop!!! It's a great day ahead!
                                Peace and strength to all!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X