Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday July 16

Marshy? Iceland? Good idea, yes????

P3, unfortunately the piccys didn't turn out. I was trying to take them through a window and it wasn't very light out. They run for the hills if they hear any noise from the house.

It's funny. The coyotes and the dogs have games they play through the fence. Dogs barking, coyotes doing that crying sounding thing they do. I guess I've come to accept them. We also have hawks around here too. But the squirrel population somehow survives. Mother nature is pretty amazing.

Good luck to you and Devil Dog on Sunday!! Are you an experienced trialer or is this new for you?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

So lav....uch: didn't download those directions, huh. I'm glad Mr Lav rose to the occasion.

DG, fence climbing coyote? Unsettling to say the least.

I ate that whole casserole in less than 24 hours. Grrrr.... I do that every.... single... time....
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

The coyotes go under, not over. And they only need a itsy bitsy hole to get through. But then the little hole gets bigger, and then it's a beagle worthy hole.

I missed what casserole you are scarfing. I've just been scarfing ice cream. "Just." Well, LOTS of ice cream.

Lav, I too am glad Mr. L stepped up.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

IT is (was) cyclefan's crookneck squash casserole - link in last night's thread.

BTW, did you see the organic fire ant control link I posted for you? (shut up LVT :H)
          sigpic

Comment

Ah Greenie that recipe looks good. I would eat the whole thing too. Is that what you did with your meatballs????

I book marked the link to the fire ant control stuff so I can go back to it someday when the fire ants are not buried under a variety of viney things that have taken over the garden. I'm wondering what LVT is :H about. I missed something really good apparently!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

No I froze the meatballs due to lack of creative menu ideas. I use Morningstar veggie sausage for the casserole. And greek yogurt and balsamic vinegar instead of cream and wine. Quite tasty.

LVT was taunting me about organic pesticides. She knows I can go on about poisons.
              sigpic

Comment

I need to start using yogurt where cream is called for. Good idea! I usually use broth in place of wine but vinegar would be better in some cases I think. Raspberry vinegar is my fave!

So. Was the plumber 1) divorced and/or 2) hot??

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;913173 wrote: I need to start using yogurt where cream is called for. Good idea! I usually use broth in place of wine but vinegar would be better in some cases I think. Raspberry vinegar is my fave!

So. Was the plumber 1) divorced and/or 2) hot??

DG
                  3) I called him too late so I don't know yet. Gives me time to do my nails before next week
                  sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;913177 wrote: 3) I called him too late so I don't know yet. Gives me time to do my nails before next week
                    Will you be getting some age inappropriate glitter or anything??
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

age inappropriate everything
                      sigpic

Comment

Awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it! (and possibly get some ideas to steal...)

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

greeneyes;913201 wrote: age inappropriate everything
                          Oh FFS Greenie! Make sure you don't forget WHY the plumber is coming, and that he need's to fix it. :H

It's a beautiful sunny winter's morning here, and i've got the w/kend off including monday. Yay!

Have a magical weekend Abberoo's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guess what?

I did find the directions & safely installed the blade on my slicer. I used the veggie holder thing.........did everything properly until I let my pinky finger slide off the veggie holder letting it slide right over the blade :upset:

Well, if nothing else I now know a new way to trim a fingernail :H:H
                            Anyone interested in a manicure??
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

papmom3;913112 wrote:
                              I'm thinking Iceland would be a nice place for a vacation right about now :H

Doggygirl;913125 wrote:
                              Marshy? Iceland? Good idea, yes????
                              I'm not going to bleedin' Iceland! You two go, and I'll send you a postcard from a beach somewhere
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

considering how hot it's been, a frozen meatball sounds kind of alluring....hmmmm.

owch Lavande! mandolines can be mean, or whatever kind of slicer it is. I tend to grate my fingers on a regular basis. always a hoot.

anyway, I'm finally home tonight and very happy to be here what really sucked is that I was in Gilroy CA today (garlic capital) and didn't even have time to stop and kiss the ground. dammit. must get back there soon.

zzzzzzz
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X