Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Swimmers Take Your Mark!!!

OMG I feel like an 80 year old today after that walk yesterday. Mission today is to find a chiropractor that can adjust extremeties.. feet in particular. But I am fortunate to have a bike and I can go to the gym (yes I'm a member - bet you forgot that didn't you :H) and swim. It is really important for me to kick up the pace right now. I'm lucky to be able to recognise that.

Marshy are your walks fast walks? 5 miles is a good little ways. What is hill walking (other than the obvious). A walk in a hilly area, up and down the same hill, what? Is London mostly flat?

Salad dressing - 1/4 C balsamic or raspberry vinegar, 1/2 C EVOO, 1 T dijon mustard, 1 t honey. I don't have raspberry so I used balsamic. It was a bit strong, but good. The salad was spinach, walnuts, pear, blueberries, gorgonzola.

I hope Gaia is having a great vacation.

Have an energy packed magnificent start to a glorious AF week!
    Zoom!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Morning Greenie and Abber's.

Have a safe, sober, and magical week!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

G, having a stay-cation for you long weekend?
      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Ab fabbers!

Greenie - great that you recognise it and know to do something about it. It's just going to happen occasionally to all us of us I think but it will pass. Have a good gym/cycle/swim! I've been in the pool already this AM but it was packed because the weather is going hot again.
        That salad sounds delicious.
        Yes, London is flat mostly. Occasional lumpy bits here and there but generally flat.
        I'm going walking in the Peak District on Saturday for a few days which isn't exactly a hard slog but I'm out of practice with hills.
        Peak District National Park Authority

Guitarista - have a magical AF week too!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Hi I'm back! Still AF by the way.

Well there was some catching up reading to do - Friday and Saturday were quite active for our little thread. Greenie I have to laugh and quote you : "Big Brown Beatiful Bathrobe Figs." Make me laugh just to type it. I wonder if figs grow in Virginia? I wonder if Apples grow in Virginia? I wonder if Bachelor Buttons grow in Virginia? Inquiring minds want to know!

One thing I really like about this thread (put it on my gratitude list for today) is the love of food and tastes that this thread comes back to again and again. No need for AL to be a bon vivant, for sure. Since letting go of AL, my sense of smell seems to be perking up and so food is becoming more interesting. I did spend 50 minutes on the stationary bike this morning so food should be a just reward!

Lav I'm so sorry about your pinkie! Poor you with a big bandage on your finger, and you were so excited about the zuch chips! I can't believe the doc just tossed the tip! I thought flesh was always useful.

Bear congrats on making it through the weekend. Even if you were sick, think how much worse you would have felt being sick and hungover.

LV I think you are shouldering a lot. I send you a big hug if you need it and if it would help.

Marshy wow that sounds like you had a big workout - doesn't it feel great! I hope your mom has a comfortable day too.

Hello all you other Abbies! I'll be back later...
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Gaia;915216 wrote: I can't believe the doc just tossed the tip! I thought flesh was always useful.
            :H:H:H E-BAY!!!
            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

greeneyes;915209 wrote: G, having a stay-cation for you long weekend?
              Yep Greenie. Lot's of music making here at home, and nearby. Gotta get away to the country soon though. Haven't been for too long. Catch you later....x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Guitarista;915221 wrote: Yep Greenie. Lot's of music making here at home, and nearby. Gotta get away to the country soon though. Haven't been for too long. Catch you later....x
                G it is a tremendous source of rejuvenation for my soul, the country... esp mountains, woods, rivers
                sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Good Morning All,

Quick check in and hello. Back from the Great Smoky Mountains late last night. It was misty and magical. Beautiful place. We did lots of hiking, touring, river swimming, and tubing down the river. Good vacation.

M3
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

m3, I am green green green greenie.
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Morning Abbers!

Pitifully hot & humid still. Thunderstorms rolling thru right now but they don't help! The 7 day forecast says there will be no break in the heatwave - ugh!!

Greenie, I requested a finger tip transplant in the ER last week but they refused - said I would have a long wait for a donor :H
                      Trying to live life with your pinky finger extended is awkward. I hope I'm able to bend it at some point :H

Wishing everyone a wobderful AF day!
                      Haven't figured out yet what I'm doing today but I will.

Lav
                      14 months smoke free today
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Hello friends! My we are up and at em earlier than me today! I did oversleep, so need to zoom zoom outa here, but wanted to share somethings that were in my inbox as I tried to catch up on some e-mails last night.

10 Must-Have Fig Recipes | Recipe4Living

I am trying the Flylady method of keeping your house clean and tidy and have less chaos in your life. A friend of mine is doing this, and she has done quite well keeping things tidy. It has been hard for me to get started, because my house really needs more than just tidying up, but I spent the entire afternoon shining my sink, cleaned out a junk drawer, straightened up my kitchen and mopped the floor. Now, to try really hard to get my family to help me keep it that way!

FlyLady.net: Your personal online coach to help you gain control of your house and home

These days it's important to get my outside work done in the mornings. It was over 100 degrees this weekend. I am not complaining either. BUT--I WANT TO GO SWIMMING!!!:H

Have a great week everyone!
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Hi Guys!
                          Im going crazy here, I had a new roof put on my house last year but it still leaked and the builders are finally back to put it right and my dog is going berserk!!! We are usually outside in the garden and now confined to the house with the windows closed due to the dust.... They promise it will only take 4 days.... hhmm me of little faith cant quite see it though.....

Lav - I see you are 14 months NF today! Congratulations.... I was 14 years NF in May and like the AL its such a millstone round our necks, so great to be free!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Greenie, The cool crispness of the mountains and rivers is soothing to my soul too.
                            AF Since April 20, 2008
                            4 Years!!!
                            :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
                              P:upset:hew,that's better.

horrid horrid day at work - lots of awful atmosphere/too much to d/team member's with AWFUL attitude problem - 2 public meetings this week in evening that will be full of conflict.
                              feel like crying - am waiting for call from employee support company as i need to talk to someone/get ideas of how to approach manager to get support/deal with being in uncertain position.

Don't want to be seen as not coping in imminent re-structure/redundancies in offing - careers advice session with coach booked for end of August.

I met 2 friends after work today (which meant I left on time) who are also blue - grumpy Monday!

BUT I am AF and NF and things would be so much worse if I wasn't - once Thursday is over I'll be over the worst - one day at a time - let today look after itself and Thursday will hold what it holds.Wish I could believe this!!!Meh - bubble bath and dvds tonight oh cooking dinner - lovely - there are good things - health, house, friends - old and new, cats, music and roller derby.
                              Need to chat to my cats and get some furry wisdom.
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X