AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Figures I would get around to popping in just when Greenie is talking about getting bare naked. :H Now if only it were Johnny.....:h (sorry G)

Congrats to Lav and Chillipepper on your NF anniversaries! I too am so glad to have that particular monkey off my back. WHEW!! I think I might celebrate your annis with a Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich.

I am officially getting started with my volunteering at the local mission. MorningStar Mission I will be helping serve meals once a week and in the mean time, next Tuesday will be going to a volunteer training course to be considered for work in the family center. Will have to get finger printed and a back ground check too. (Lav, I thought of you with only 9 prints instead of 10! :H) They talked to me today about helping greet new families at check in, show them to their room, review the basic rules they need to know right away, help unpack and help them start of list of basics they might need, etc. Sounds like something I could do. We'll see how this develops as things get underway. I actually liked serving food on Saturday at one of the other local shelters. Humble and simple. So I'm looking forward to a more regular gig with that.

I love you guys and all the twists and turns of this thread! I have to zoom zoom but wanted to just say hi to all, hope you are having a fabulous rest of the day. May it be magical as G man says! Bikes, hikes and finger spikes. Figs and twigs. Greenie had a spider beside 'er. Rafting and crafting. Mystical Musical. But absolutely no AL. Isn't that a wonderful thing???? HEY. I couldn't think of a rhyme for garlic. Deter the garlic meter.

One thing is for sure....... (can you help me finish it????) There will be NO drinking AL for this girl today!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Hi All,
      Just popping in quick before heading to bed.

Lav-we had a couple of tornados spotted around 8pm just north of my city!!! They don't think they touched down tho. Good thing I didn't find out about them until after the fact! You know how as a child you have recurring dreams? Mine were about tornados. I freak if there is so much as a threat of a watch.

Wow-M3 and Greenie have been so physically active lately!! Greenie, I don't know how you managed to stay on your bike after plowing through that spiders nest. Hope the spidey wasn't too big!!

DG-your volunteer work sounds awesome. You are probably the most fulfilled and at peace person I know right now.

Marshy-how is your mom doing? and your dad? Any decision on where we're all vacationing this year?

Shout out to Gaia, Deter, Mr. G, Bear, LVT and anyone else I missed.

So, the agility trial went OK yesterday. I got yelled at because my dogs were barking too much in the facility so I had to put them in their crates in the car. Thankfully I was parked in the shade and although it was in the 90's, there was a great breeze so in the car it was quite comfy with the hatch up and windows down. I kept worrying tho that a neighbor might call the cops and complain because LM barked non stop for 5 hours straight except when I took him for a walk. Koby interestingly enough barked inside the facility but not when he was in the car. Hmmmm.
      Anyway, we got disqualified in our first run because I forgot to take his collar off. I would have Qualified and placed 2nd. Made up for it in the second run tho with a Q and a 1st Place. Nice clean run too. Met some really nice people who DIDN"T yell at me and actually told me not to pay attention to the one who did yell at me. Didn't get home until 8pm so it was a 14 hour day for us all. I wasn't going to take all the dogs but then I couldn't leave them home wiht no potty breaks for 14 hours.

My meeting on Saturday was very nice. The lake house was beautiful in a very simple way but with great views of the lake. we stayed inside as it was very hot and there was AC. The food was awesome and fairly healthy. I volunteered to help out with the Specialty in August. I think I would really like to become more involved with this club.

Back to work today :upset:. I really must find a job I can do from home.
      Ok, nitely nite. the sleep aids are kicking in.
      :l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

Deter the garlic meter

hahahahhaha hahahaa a ha ahahaha I needed that. been a hugely stressful day and I came close to driving to microsoft and throwing some bricks at them... but all good now and full of garlicky goodness.

DoggyGirl, you are so industrious with the volunteering and all. I'm impressed!

ok, off to see what rascals are in chat...
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Monday 7/19

greeneyes;915678 wrote: I did look at the link and understand the potency aspect of St. John's Wort. I'm all for herbal products. But first I'm looking forward to just regular bare naked me.
          :thumbs:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
          X