90 Days AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Days AF

Sunday July 18th was my 90th day AF. I have not been on here regularily in the last while as my son tried to commit suicide mid June.

I thank God and MWO that I was AF for 2 months before this happened so that I could deal with this sober. Reaching 90 days yesterday came and went without me realizing I had hit the 90 day mark until I looked at my calender today.

I struggled for over 20 years to become AF and I guess a higher power knew that I would need to be at this time in my life. MWO has been a hugh part of my success and I thank everyone on here who has supported me throughout my journey.

Life without AL is truly a gift I will cherish forever in my life. Nothing can not be handled when AL is not ruling your life.

Very proud to be AF today.
    AF since April 19, 2010
    NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
    -Lady Nancy Astor

90 Days AF

A big CONGRATS to you daybyday!
    That's a wonderful accomplishment, I hope you are proud!

God & the universe does work in mysterious ways. Your son is fortunate that you were fully present for him during his difficult time.
    Wishing you both continued blessings

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

90 Days AF

huge kudos Daybyday, that's no small feat at the best of times. hope to see a bit more of you 'round here. and keep up the fantastic work!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

90 Days AF

Hi Daybyday,

Congratulations on your 90 days. I hope your son is doing better. Without a doubt, your being AF was the best way for you to help your son through this trial.

Best to you,
        T.
        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

90 Days AF

well done, keep going sister
          I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

90 Days AF

congrats day by day,always remember that thot when you get the urge,the pain you went to to get where u are,i do hope your son is doin better,i hope he is gettin help,depression is not a great state,no matter which way you get there,my dear i wish you well gyco

Comment

90 Days AF

Congratulation's Day by day! And all the best with your son.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

90 Days AF

dayby day.
                My skin pricked when I read your post. Thank you for your extremely inspiring post. It's people like you who give me the inner strength to carry on living my life alcohol free and struggling through my cravings.
                All the best to you.
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

90 Days AF

GREAT Work!

Very well done Day!!

I bet you feel fantastic!
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

90 Days AF

Day by Day - I think you are amazing! You should be so so proud of yourself.

I often wonder how I would cope if something terrible happened, if there was a death in the family or an accident of some kind, would I go running to the bottle to escape? Luckily so far I have not been tested but after reading your post you have inspired me so much!
                    To cope with a crisis like this with your son and stay AF is a huge achievement, we all know of course that dealing with these issues is much more do able sober but its easier said than done and you did it!

Thank you so much for this post it has really helped me and im sure many others.
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

90 Days AF

daybyday your accomplishment is very admirable! I too agree that the timing of things is not so coincidental. Good job!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

90 Days AF

Wow! You've proved that One Daybyday at a time works! Congratulations!!!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

90 Days AF

Congratulations Daybyday in 90 days AF! I am glad you were there to handle this sober and to stay sober. I wish both you and your son the best. Take care and much love to you! :h
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

90 Days AF

Congratulations Daybyday! Not only were you able to be more present for your son and cope yourself, but I'm sure you will be a fine example and inspiration for him to get well again too. All the best.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

90 Days AF

Thank you

Thank you all so much for the well wishes. It had been a long time since I'd been on here and seeing all the familiar names again and good thoughts brought tears to my eyes. Like coming home to very good old friends, you are the best always, no matter how long a person may be away.
                              I feel blessed.
                              AF since April 19, 2010
                              NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                              -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Working...
                              X