AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Marshy;916437 wrote: I know ONE person in the group. So I'll probably be a bit nervous about meeting everyone but I'm really looking forward to getting out onto the hills.
    Remember when I went on that flyfishing trip? I didn't know anybody and had a great time. Just gotta put yourself out there. (look who's talking - I've been miss hermit lately)
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Thanks

Hello Caysea, Rebirth and Lavande! Nice to meet you and thanks for the good wishes. I am going to make this work! I admire all of you for the days AF you have in. I will do it too!
      Auntie :thanks:
      AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Pamina;916404 wrote: Hi all,

Today is just one of those days when I need to vent - sorry about the me-me-me...

I had my meeting with icky boss about my work role. I was well prepared for the topics he'd said he wanted to discuss, and the first 2/3 of the meeting went fine. I had a spreadsheet with my various activities which obviously floored/impressed him, and he found himself unable to make the argument that there's 'air' in my contract. However, the last third of the meeting was pretty surreal with him trying to argue that I used to have responsibility that I no longer have, which needs to be restored in order for me to 'deserve' my pay grade. Which is absolute rubbish. He wants me to take on some tasks from a colleague, he won't specify what they are, he doesn't want me talking to him, but he wants me to write a job description with all this management-speak when I don't even know what he's after. It was completely confusing - probably intentionally - and the guy is an idiot in addition to being a bully. But I did feel uncomfortable, perplexed, trying to figure out what he was saying instead of just telling him to bugger off. Then I got angry afterwards. It bothers me that I'm not quick enough to tell people off on the spot. And it's hard to figure out what to do next. Then I came home to find out that the mental health charity that's been looking after my sister will have to close in 6 months after their funding was pulled. Bloody recession! She's on a waiting list for a care facility, and that process will now be accelerated so she might be moving already in August. Guess who gets to organise her move etc..... I feel a pity party coming on. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for listening! :thanks:
        Hi Pamina, I'm just getting active on the board again. I had a boss like this too only it was a female. I couldn't do anything right and we just plain didn't like each other. She had some stupid argument for anything I said. I think she just wanted to get rid of me. I was going to hang on but since I was at full retirement age I just quit! I don't know why some people are like this. I think it has a lot to do with control, power and self agrandizement.
        Hang in there if you can. Maybe it's time to look for something else? Good luck! Auntiegriselda.
        AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Hi Everyone!
          Welcome AuntieG,Caysea and Rebirth! Good to see you again Pamina. I'm so sorry about your meeting. I'm like you-I can't find any words during the confrontation/meeting to help me assert myself. Only afterwards. I am a melting pool of butter up against bully's and I have had my share of boss bullys. One I managed to get away from only to go from the frying pan into the fire. I'm too far away from retirement and too old to get another job in this economy. If you can get some help learning how to be assertive I think it would really help. You must have scared the shite out of your boss with your spreadsheet!! Reduced him to management mumbo jumbo!!

Lav-some how a miraculous cold front came through last nite and today was warm but in the low eighties and DRY!! Should have called in sick LOL!! Heat comes back tomorrow. I sure hope your storms go away soon!

DG-Mr Doggy def has the right idea with the generators. I meant to get one after the huge icestorm hit in 08 but of course, out of sight out of mind. Now I can't afford one!! Thanks for the sympathy about traveling with all 3 dogs. I wish I had a Mr. P3 to stay home with the non agility dogs!! Think I'll get any responses if I put that requirement up on match.com??? :H

Marshy-somehow I missed where your walking holiday will be. Is this what you decided on for the Sept hols or is this another holiday coming up soon? I've always wanted to go on a walking tour of either Ireland, the Cotswolds (think the Ms. Reed series) or both.

So I hadn't heard back from the Nephrologist's secretary in 2 weeks so I called today. She tells me the doc DOES want to see me. Apparently my values combined with my age does put me in the beginning kidney disease range. CRAP!! I knew it was too good to be true. She's going to try very hard to get me in before my nutritionist's appt on the 10th but she doesn't think that will happen. More likely October some time. Great, I can start worrying and obsessing again. Yea. Well, the way I was going with my eating, I would have ballooned up in pounds and definitely joined the diabetes crew so I guess this is my wakeup call for the second time.
          I fell dangerously close to reverting back to AL to deal with the news even tho I had written in my journal that I wouldn't. I didn't have much in the way of tools available to help me out while I was driving home. About a mile from the liquor store I suddenly remembered a wierd breathing technique that is used to control anxiety that I just read about not too long ago. I decided it was better than nothing so I started doing it and surprise, surprise I felt a wave of calm wash over me and I drove past the store with nary a look. Of course I ran to the chips as soon as I got in the door but it wasn't AL.
          Lav-I was feeling so blue today that I looked up your natural AD remedy you talked about and decided to order it. I've been up and down up and down since March with no real peace or sleep most nites so I figure this can't hurt.
          I've got to get to my Dream Weaver lesson before it get's too late so signing off.
          :l
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

papmom3;916477 wrote: I suddenly remembered a wierd breathing technique that is used to control anxiety that I just read about not too long ago. I decided it was better than nothing so I started doing it and surprise, surprise I felt a wave of calm wash over me
            WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE???

posts a successful anxiety technique and then goes to bed without saying how to do it..... grrrrrr
            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Finished my assignment and I'm ducking and running!!

SORRY!!!! Seriously didn't mean to leave you all hanging!!

Do this technique in private as you will look like a complete fool!!

Shape your lips into an "O"-curl your tongue and breathe in. Exhale through your nose. that's it!! If I can remember where I read this, I'll copy and paste just in case I got it wrong. But even if I didn't do it right, it worked!!

:l

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

had to share:

Doggie MWO Hypno CD:

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Greenie & everyone,

I highly recommend a CD I purchased from the DailyOM website called 'Breathing Magic Into Forgiveness' by Anna Casper, Reiki Master & Spiritual Teacher. It is designed to transform inner conflict to inner peace. The 'Breathing the Magic of Color' track is awesome & the 'Magic Carpet Ride into Forgiveness' track is very calming - I love it I figure we can use all the help we can get!

I actually do have a generator here & it does power up most of my shop but I am still reluctant to turn my 2 machines on during a power failure. They are computer driven & very touchy. They each cost the same as a car!!!!! I'm not all that busy right now & I prefer to avoid the stress.........you know what I mean! I'm pretty much caught up so I'm not going to sweat.

Marshy - that must have been one big caterpillar Around here it's deer & big, nasty bunny rabbits that destroy gardens.

Still raining, still humid of course but no hail - yay!

Peace to one & all tonight
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Thanks Lav! I will get that.

papmom, curl your tongue like touching the roof of your mouth?

Well I worked myself into a snit and then felt much better after having figs, ice cream and reeses dark chocolate peanut butter cups for dinner. I really kicked arse and got a lot done. So much that I don't feel one bit guilty. Fat, but not guilty. :H
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

well, once again I think I'm heading to Greeneyes for dinner: figs, ice cream and reeses dark chocolate peanut butter cups for dinner. nice!

just popped in for a quick AF hug xxxxxxxxx

Auntigriselda nice to see you and kudos on the new AF time!

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

So...do figs taste like prunes?
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Greenie-I think they mean curl the sides of your tongue up. I don't know what the people who can't do that are supposed to do!! I've got to find that article!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

papmom3;916732 wrote: Greenie-I think they mean curl the sides of your tongue up. I don't know what the people who can't do that are supposed to do!! I've got to find that article!!
                            Hey all,

Well, i'm getting anxious and stressed just trying to curl me tongue right!

But one thing i know for sure.......:h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

Guitarista;916759 wrote: Hey all,

Well, i'm getting anxious and stressed just trying to curl me tongue right!

But one thing i know for sure.......:h
                              :H:H:H

I tell you what, if you can curl your tounge from the sides, there is NO WAY your mouth is going to do anything other than a "O" shape.
                              sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 7/20

I can sort of do it Greenie, and def getting some 'o' action going on, but..do we breath in through our mouth, or nose?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X