Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Is it safe to come out? :H

I'm stabby so I won't say any more - just throw this up there and wait for someone positive to come along and go with it.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Here I am Greenie!

Safe to come out and play!

It's Friday, that means it's Chocolate day! (Again)
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Morning Greenie, Afternoon Gaia.

Might help to pour out your stabbiness Greenie... (as long as it's not directed at me :surrender
      Enjoy your chocolate Gaia.

I'm packing and pottering. Well, actually just pottering. Will pack later. Don't need much and I like to travel as light as possible. Three days walking and four nights in the pub (I'm guessing) = trekking trousers and T-shirts during the day, jeans and T-shirts at night, socks, socks, socks, and hope it doesn't rain. Bish bosh. But I do need to find those train tickets I booked a couple of months ago in a fit of organisation and am now not sure where I put them. Somewhere safe, probably...
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

I'm sick of having to do the "man" stuff. I'm sick of putting on chore boy clothes and being grimey and sweaty. I'm sick of hauling heavy shit around and being sore. I'm sick of having to come in the house to cool off and being to filthy to sit anywhere.
        sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

How is FH? Did he get over the spider bite?

Hi Marshy - enjoy your packing!
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Greenie - I think it's time to hire a cute yard boy
            I just won't do that heavy, shitty work anymore..........
            The heat index is predicted to be 110 degrees here tomorrow - yikes!

Marshy, pack light friend! You'll certainly appreciate it in the long run! Hope you have a great time

Greetings Gaia!

I'm getting ready to head out to stock up on goodies for the weekend. I'm not ready to attempt a food shopping trip with my EB grandson in tow. Haven't done that sort of thing in 25 years!!! Not sure if my nervous system could handle it anymore

Wishing everyone a good AF Friday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Lav.......Crying Condom Ad - Video
              sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

ha ha great ad green eyes! Wish I could throw a tantrum like that sometimes. I woiuld feel so much better for it!

Ugh my son did that to me a couple of times when he was younger. It was painfully embarassing.

Where are you off to marshy?

How are you feeling today Gaia?
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Good Morning All,

Feeling a bit stabby myself too Greenie so we can commiserate. I have a love/hate relationship with the Summer. I love the idea of it, but with the kids out of school and trying to find time to work, exercise, hanging out with them, cleaning/organizing the house...well, I feel like I'm not doing anything well. And, I'm resentful of my husband who cluelessly goes off to work and is not affected by it all. Why are women left with all of the mess of adjusting, planning, accommodating, etc? I feel like having a tantrum like the kid in the video that Greenie posted...right out in my front lawn. Or perhaps I will go to my husband's place of employment and throw the tantrum in the hallway.

DG, Sorry to hear about your husband. I don't think you're being overly sensitive. The silent treatment is mean and a form of bullying. Before we had kids, I recall my husband being childish and not talking to me about something (can't remember what, I think he was in a funk and blaming it on me). So, I went away for the weekend with some girlfriends. I left him a pleasant note telling him I needed some time with my friends and some adult conversation.

Gaia, when are you moving to the US?

Lav, love the idea of a Cute Yard Boy (CYB is better then BYOB). Perhaps this is what I need (as long as he has no demands of me).

Marshy, Where are you trekking too?

Bear, Keep up the good work and don't let anyone dampen your resolve to remain AF!

Hi Rebirth. Congrats on 50 days sober. How are you feeling?

M3
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Okay. I am in accord. Greenie needs a "cute yard MAN." A boy won't do.

Greenie, get the bath, do the feet, ride in the car with the top down and let stuff go for just a bit. You need it. HALT!!! :l:l

M3, Omigosh I remember those summer vacation days so well. Grocery budget tripled and so did electric bill. Organized chaos. No matter what I did, it ended up in chaos.

If it makes you feel any better, I often wish for those days again. Mine are all grown and the issues are so much scarier. But we are friends, those kids and I. Grateful for that.

Glad I don't have to fill the fridge and see it pare down to nothing in one or two days, though! :H

I am home today and tomorrow. I fly out Sunday midday. I am doing this thing ODAT and so grateful I have friends here forging the way.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Cinders;918059 wrote: Okay. I am in accord. Greenie needs a "cute yard MAN." A boy won't do.

M3, Omigosh I remember those summer vacation days so well. Grocery budget tripled and so did electric bill. Organized chaos. No matter what I did, it ended up in chaos.

If it makes you feel any better, I often wish for those days again. Mine are all grown and the issues are so much scarier. But we are friends, those kids and I. Grateful for that.

Glad I don't have to fill the fridge and see it pare down to nothing in one or two days, though! :H
                      Love,
                      Cindi
                      Thanks for the validation and for putting this in perspective Cindi. Good luck on your trip and keep up the good work.

I used to travel quite a bit before I had children and I found it very difficult not being in familiar surroundings. I think my drinking really escalated during that time so I can imagine how difficult it must be to stay AF while traveling.

I hope you find another job with little or not traveling soon. It will make you life so much saner.

xxooM3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

Greenie, have you got a university nearby? Hire a student if they haven't all disappeared for the summer.

Found my train tickets!
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

two words greenie - young flesh!That's what you need
                          well still af - gooood day at work today - finished early - 3 day weekend - 2 bars of lovely M&S chocolate - washing in the machine - and time for a little doze.
                          Then I need to make industrial vat of chilli for bands we are putting on tomorrow night - before skate practice.

Had coaching session with woman at work (I am the coachee) and it feels so much better to get out how I have been feeling for last 2 years re job share relationship. It hasn't felt safe to speak to line manager/job share in any depth in case it blows out of proportion and there is no one else I can turn to.

We talked about how I can change what I do in the relationship and also to think about what strengths I have that I can call on. she also asked how important is this relationship to your future - it isn't!!That felt like such a relief to say out loud and a bit of a revelation.
                          I am so stuck in the present and not totally drowning that I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Anyway it's a good AF and SF day here and gonna stay that way!
                          Good day and happy Friday all to come
                          one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

:toohot:

warning: the following is a steamy chunk of negativity:notlistening:

OK, it's not all about that. There is stuff that I have to find a place for mentally and physically. That stuff has a volatile emotional component. When I had to go to my dad's to get paperwork and clean out his freezers, FH went with me - married and all that. While I was buried in papers, he loaded up his truck with my dad's tools & equipment kinda things. I was furious when I saw it, but it was time to leave. I have not been able to let go of the imagined violation I felt on my dad's behalf and even my siblings'. (I know Cindi, I know...) Things that were all nice and clean and tidy in his basement. Now what? I want them to be back there but not with my time energy or expense. So I shove them around in the garage and curse FH.

But I know one thing is for sure...
                            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 7/23

great, bear!! "stuck in the present" ? I have to think on that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X