Need my MWO supports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need my MWO supports

Boy, did I ever EFF up. WOW. Eye opening for me. Probably the best thing that could have happened to me to be honest in my journey to sobriety although they "rock bottom" was bad and I am lucky that I didn't kill anyone.

So here is the story. Last Thursday was the first day of a meeting program that I was going to try in my community. Like an AA but held by a local addictions centre. So since I had decided that I was finally going to start going to meetings and take care of my life I figured I could have a little to celebrate that I was saying goodbye - these were to be my last drinnks ever. I enjoyed them. A little too much. So when it was time to leave to go to my program I did the dumbest thing ever. I got in the car to drive there. I guess I realized halfway there that I shouldn't be driving because I parked the car on a curb facing the wrong direction. When someone came up and suggested I move the vehichle so that I won't get a ticket, I got out of the car and fell down. And then I sat on the curb while he called the cops.

Spent the night in jail (which I deserved). Now have a DUI pending - criminal charge on my crystal clean pristine record. When my BF picked me up, I made him take me straight to a detox centre. I stayed there for 5 days. I went to my first 2 AA meetings while there. They have referred me to the "Betty Ford" of clinics in Canada. I am hoping to be accepted into their treatment program within the next couple of weeks. I need help obviously - I have tried and have said it over and over again. This is the last straw for me. I scared myself. I am glad I was by myself but I am sick. I could have killed someone. I have never drank and drove before, I don't know what was in my head. The only thing I can think of is that everyone would have been dissapointed in me if I didn't make the meeting I promised I would go to. There is no excuse. I am so glad no one got hurt. Trust me, I don't expect sympathy to this post - ass kickings are welcome.

So that's where I've been. In detox for 5 days - pre treatment meetings all set up for me until the centre can take me for inpatient. Which I can't wait for to be honest. I wish they can take me tomorrow. I want to be done. I am so looking forward to inpatient and to being honest with my family and my friends. I will need their support when I get our and know that honesty will get it from them. I am so hopeful. 8 days sober today. (funny thing is I only drank 4 days in July - just got bombed on each of them). But 8 days today into my new life. And my BF has been the most supportive person ever. I think this has actually brought us closer together.

Just wanted to let you guys know where I have been, apologize and let you know I love you. I can't wait for my treatment and am excited about the future.

Love and hugs.
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Need my MWO supports

Wow Uni!! Hard lesson to learn but everyone hits bottom in their own way. I too am sooo glad you didn't hurt yourself or anyone else with your car.
    You obviously did the right thing by asking to be taken to detox and it looks like you're on the right road now. I'm excited for you as well. I totally know where you're coming from in terms of being done with AL.
    I wish you the best of luck in the rehab center and don't you worry, we will be here when you get out. If you can drop a line or two to us while you're there just to let us know how you are doing that would be great but if you can't, we totally understand.
    You can do this-just believe in yourself, not AL.
    :l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Need my MWO supports

hang in there un.. just take it but one day at a time and dont get over work up .. things will work out
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Hello universal.

Good luck, and try to remember that sobriety isn't a punishment. It's part of a better way of life.

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Good point Pops. Uni take this hard lesson and make it into the opportunity to change your life around. You were very lucky, take the hint and remember how you felt that night and subsequently because the day will probably come when the voice comes knocking again saying its ok to have a drink. I wish you success.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Wishing you the best universal,we all reach our own rock bottom i am hoping this was yours.Time to saddle up & move forward and be glad that it wasn't any worse.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Uni, I'm so glad that nothing horrible happened. (a DUI can be overcome) You sound like you are SO ready for sobriety and my friend, that is a wonderful thing. As others have said, it takes the bottom to wake us up and if this is yours, then that is truly a blessing in your life.

Stay willing to go to any length to get sober, and the miracle will happen in your life. I'm so glad you came here and posted. I hope you are able to get into the treatment program soon. Sobriety opens up the world for us.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Hi Uni. When I started MWO I wanted to drink in moderation. I messed around with that for a few months. I finally decided to get REAL and HONEST with myself and everyone else that I couldn't control my alcohol consumption when I drank all day in the bar and then drove home. We found out the next day the cops had road checks set up about 15 minutes after we left. A very near dui or worse. Sometimes I guess it takes doing something stupid to finally get us to figure this s#$t out!

Enjoy your journey.:l
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Need my MWO supports

What a turning point uni! :b&d: for drinking and getting in the car. :l because I think this is the point where you really begin to live and I'm thrilled for you!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Need my MWO supports

HI Uni,
                    Thanks for being so honest and posting. It was an eye opener for me because it reminds me that me and alcohol dont gel..ever! I cannot count the number of times I have put myself in very dangerous situations and somehow gotten away with it. I have drivin drunk many times in the past. I am lucky that I have not been raped, molested, murdered, drowned nor broken any bones in my body. I am lucky that my friends and family still love me. I am lucky to still have a career, a relationship, my son.

I was struggling today so your message absolutely helped me. Thank you. I wish you all the very very best in your recovery. x
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Wishing you the very best on your journey, Uni :l
                      And, thank you for your honesty. I think I needed to read this today.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Thanks for courage and honesty of post. And wish you the best in your recovery. Love.

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Thinking of you, Uni. :l:l

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Thank you to all of you for being so supportive. I have learned a valuable lesson that is sadly the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I found out some more information which does make me feel a bit better although I still realize and am so grateful that no one was hurt. I found out from the reports that I wasn't pulled over (I couldn't remember). I had parked the car myself. I evidently knew that I was in no shape to drive. Someone came up and asked me to move the car so that I wouldn't get a ticket (kind samaratin trying to help) and I told him that I couldn't drive and could he please move my vehichle. Of course he didn't and called the police (which is what I would have done in his situation as well). But at least I know more now. So thankful. I have looked at the past 13 days since this has happened as my awakening and I am so grateful now to have the friends and supports that I have and I am so grateful that I am sober. I can't wait to get into treatment. I have been going to my meetings - whatever it takes. I will kill the beast.

Thanks guys,
                            Love you all,
                            Uni
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Need my MWO supports

Uni, love and strength to you girl
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X