AF Daily - Tuesday July 27, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Fabbie Abbies! I am grateful to be up and at 'em - sober and unhungover today! How about you? If anyone out there is on Day 1 (or any other day) and is fighting for this thing we call sobriety, come join us. There is such an awesome mix of people on this thread. The wisdom of some years of sobriety, and the high energy and excitement of new sobriety. Come be a part of it!!!!

Tonight is my big night at the local mission to go to volunteer training. (and get finger printed and consent to background check!) This is so I could volunteer in the family center. No training needed for serving food in the kitchen - I'll be jumping right on into that tomorrow at dinner time! I got some funkadelic tennis shoes yesterday for this work. They are like "keds" of the old days, except they are black with neon colored peace signs on 'em. :H HEY! They were on sale! And then I saved another 20% on top of that!

My hair is continuing to be a source of drama. :H (and MAN isn't my life good right now where this is my biggest problem???) We did a re-fi on our house as interest rates are still fabulous and this will allow us to move forward with a remodel of our 2nd floor. So we get to the closing at the title company yesterday, and the woman who is doing the closing (we have never met her before) tells me my hair is cute. (Mr. D grumps) Then the guy from the bank comes in - we have known him for years. He comments on my hair. Mr. D is cringing and I am busy changing the subject immediately. Then a while later, he brings up the hair again. I change subject again. I will be glad once we have seen everyone we know, and the "newness" and comments wear off. But I will give Mr. D credit. He did not act nasty to me about it. That is progress.

Oh. And I still heart my hair. :h I can't believe how fast I am ready to go in the mornings. I even had time to start this thread today and I'll be leaving earlier than normal to give a guy a ride to the AA meeting. :yougo:

Greenie - yes the dishwasher is perfect for sterilizing your jars. Once you figure out how easy this is you will be totally on board with the jamarama.

Well, time to get going but ONE THING IS FOR SURE...... There will be no drinking for this doggygirl today. Have and abbie fabbie day one and all!
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

I'm up finally!! Even put a second alarm clock in the kitchen so I would be forced to get out of bed to turn off the bleeding cathedral chimes!! Unplugged the sucker and went back to bed!!:H Will be late for work today no doubt.

Trying to have a better attitude today and already working on my plan for my nephew's 5th birthday party on the 21st. Will be lots of heavy drinkers there and the booze will be flowing freely. I'd like to bring the dogs and stay over and take some leisurely walks the next day along the river. What's bothering me is not "will I drink or won't I". I know I won't. It's the thought that I'm going to be utterly bored and boring!! I always feel like an outcast when I'm with this group. I'm the ONLY one not married, no BF, nothing but my dogs. We're all in our late 40's and early 50's now, everyone has grown kids and I have nothing. At least when I was smashed I didn't care what people thought of me or if they were doing the "poor" pam thing. Without the AL, it's going to be so excrutiating. The party is a 1.5 hours away so it's not like I can breeze in and breeze out-"Happy Birthday Nater-gotta go!!". And it IS his 5th!! I can just see myself withdrawing more and more as the evening goes on. In fact, I'm totally depressed just thinking about it and it's 3 weeks away!!
    Uggg. And I was going to have a better attitude. Blah.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

DG-am I hallucinating?? Did you edit change your post? OH MY-gotta get some caffeine in me!!:H

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

OK DG- I think it's time for piccys!! We've seen you with long hair-now let's see the short!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I'm itching to give Mr Doggy a haircut.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning fabbie abbies!!

Thanks for the start DG! Love the invitational ring to it! I was thinking about that yesterday - hoping if people were getting any inspiration that they would join in.

I am 80 this AM for some reason. Unhung yes, rarin' to go, no. The blood donation took the wind out of my sails. Maybe I have a meat hangover. I don't want to walk today. So I'm not. But I'm thrilled at being able to give "good" blood, you know?

We had a wicked storm yesterday (Auntie Em!!) with hail, falling branches, etc. and I was so happy to have little car squeezed into the garage! I hope the storm left some figs on the trees.

M3, I'd love to dive again, but $$ you know... I have flippers, a mask, and a skin and that's it. You must have reg and all that.

Papmom, I'm speechless at your party woes! "Poor Pam" is the LAST thing I can imagine with your delightful, energetic personna! You gotta change that thinking around - that I have nothing but my dogs..... BAH!!! is right!!! You need to start imagining it differently. People LOVE to talk about themselves (AND their children) so asking them questions should provide endless conversation. I would bring a squirt gun. (I wish I could say I was kidding.....)

One more cup of coffee and MAYBE I'll walk. I've got to take a camera - it was stunning yesterday.

Whether I walk or not..... one thing is for sure! No drinkie for greenie!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Morning Abbers,

Hell DG - I'll give Mr Doogy a haircut

I love my short hair as well. The only problem with it is you have to stay on top of it with trims! My hair grows fast so I have to get it trimmed frequently.

Woke to cool, dry weather for a change, nice
              The extreme humidity returns tomorrow so I will try to get outside & enjoy the day. Today is my EB grandson's last day here - his parents return tonight. I've had a lot of fun having him here - he's quite entertaining!!!! He is 20 months old tomorrrow & has turned into quite a climber!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

I am joining your thread today after many months of struggling. I will remain AF today.

I wish everyone a happy Tuesday.
                AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Hi Abbers!
                  Just back from long weekend visit to family in the UK. 1st trip back since AF and I cant believe how different it was. Instead of my usual anxiety about how much I would be able to drink without them noticing I was calm and relaxed and had such a wonderful time! I wasnt my usual irritable self and the whole trip was harmonious and fun, it really made me see how before everything was about my drinking. I had been expecting lots of questions from my sisters especially the one who I considered to be a "heavy" drinker. She didnt even ask me why Id stopped and the strange thing was she hardly drank herself!! Everytime I encounter a new experience AF I realize again & again just how wonderful being sober is.....
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Morning all and welcome Mstall! You will find a lot of support here. I am 9 days AF and feeling so much better. I find that I can't just have one glass of wine. Must go on and finish the bottle and then badly about it. Repeat every day. This time I'm going to make it! I'm lucky in that I didn't have withdrawal symptoms.
                    Papamom why not take pics of the dogs to the party and show them off. Surely some people there have interests in addition to kids and spouses. You can start a new train of conversation with all of your new activities. I like your post chillgirl about enjoying a family visit without drinking. This gives me hope!
                    I'll help with Mr. D's haircut too. How about a crew cut or a shave?! Unless he already had that of course!
                    I can't do any humane shelter work this week since I'm tied up babysitting my little guy.
                    Talk to you all later. Have a fab day!
                    Auntie
                    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Hey ho & welcome Mstall!! I've seen your ups & downs; let's get serious!!

Chillipeppa - I'm thrilled for you about the visit and the revelations - so did you have to explain that book to your mom?

No walk. I'm not even finished with the tundra debris from the storm. It is so humid I am dripping wet. There is so much wash at the fenceline that the fence is now about 3 feet tall. (shhh, don't tell little doggie) I'm really discouraged about that. :fitmonkey: I can't afford to landscape the tundra and I can't manage it myself. And I can't ignore it. Feck.
                      Well one thing is for sure...

Hi auntie - X-post!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Abbers!

I slept like total crap the past couple of nights which is making today kind of a blah day. BF is at work, daughter is upstairs playing with a friend and I am just exhausted. I know why - I normally drink caffeine free diet pepsi and water and BF bought the wrong pop so I've been drinking plain old diet coke (full of caffeine). Even my sleeping pills are not getting through that.

So today I am feeling a little antsy. I am going to see if maybe my neighbour (whose daughter is playing with mine right now) can take them for a couple of hours and I am going to see if I can find a local meeting to run out too. I know I won't drink today - I am too committed to sobriety after what happened (my bottom) but any help at all is good. If I can't get to a meeting I will read from the big book and have a long hot bath and journal the things I am grateful for. It was so good being in the detox centre, they gave me some ways to deflect.

I got some information from the inpatient place as well. It looks like I will be approved for treatment! Just waiting on the dates.

Tired but still positive.

Love and hugs
                        Uni
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Greenie - cross post

Hey can you guys send your storms northbound? I am dying for a good old fashioned thunder storm.
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

DG show us your hair!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I love reading your posts. I should be working though.
                            Be strong-
                            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Greenie - Although my Mum opened the Amazon parcel this is the front cover of the book and I dont think its obviously about alcoholism. My Mum would never know what the 12 steps were and from a few things she said over the weekend she has no clue so I didnt have to explain myself..... phew! So far Im really enjoying the book for anyone who might be interested?

Amazon.com: One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps (9781579549053): Kevin Griffin: Books

Uni - Sorry to hear about your sleepless nights, there was also a very powerful full moon the other night which can really affect sleep so this might have also played a part. You are doing all the right things though, hope you find a meeting.
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                              X