AF Daily Friday 7/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Happy Friday Fabbie Abbies near and far!!!

LVT, I'll have you know I earned this avatar! People who feed stray begging FHs and are angry about it are acting like a butthead, so wear it proudly I say...... Anyway, the plumber comes back today. Should I keep the glasses or wear my contacts? Hummmm?
    I was sitting on a rock ledge at a river, LVT. I am having serious river yearnings as in wanting to live by one. Grass is always greener, eh greenie?

He climbed the fig ladder over my fence and banged on my bedroom window making little doggie jump around on the bed barking - that is a bit hard to ignore. Shut up greenie, you shouldn't have let him in. Grrrr. It's not that it makes me want to drink, but I clearly feel the feeling associated with past drinking behavior. Rains on my mojo.

Gaia! Wishing you safe travels today!!!

Bear, lets see your weekend sobriety plan, OK?

Where is Mstall & rebirth?

DG, I am dying to see your hair!!!

I'm going to a funky theatre production tonight with GF who turned me on to MirrorMask. I don't know what it is but she said it was cool so that was good enough for me. I'm looking forward to going out. There is a rooftop bar downtown I've been wanting to go to - just to see so that might be fun after. Just check it out, not hang out.

ONE thing is for sure......
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Wow Greenie that I one FUGLY avatar! Did FH climb the fig ladder and come to your house in the night? Is that what I missed? Did you hit him over the head with a frying pan? I guess not given the new avatar? Inquiring minds want to know. Actually, I'm more looking forward to the plumber story which is sure to come later, right? Thanks for getting us started today!!!

Yes..I think today would be a good day to see EVERYONE's sobriety plan for the weekend. The cliff note version of mine is that I will be starting Saturday and Sunday with an AA meeting after my check in here to get my sober head on straight. Then I will be doing sober only activites. There will be some post dog training drinking going on at my house Saturday afternoon. But I will be doing other things - will say hello to everyone but not hang out with them while they are drinking beer. If anything comes up that will have me going somewhere along side AL, I will do my usual:

1. Eat before I go.
    2. Decide in advance what I will drink, and bring it along if appropriate.
    3. Have an exit strategy and don't be afraid to leave early. REALLY early if necessary.
    4. Be willing to call someone from AA if an urge strikes.

My main activity this weekend will be canning pickles and tomatoes. Revenge of the vegetables is going on at my house. Zuke chips are REALLY good sprinkled with hot spicy cajun seasoning before dehydrating them.

LVT, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. Will have Sister put her on the prayer list again. 90 nuns praying can't hurt.

Greenie, I will be waiting patiently by the mailbox for that libido you are sending.
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Good morning Greenie & DG and all that follow!

My weekend plan is that tonight I hang out at home on the computer, tomorrow i am selling popcorn for charity at a city weekend festival near my house. They do have beer at the festival but it is not allowed out of a certain area and i will be selling popcorn outside of the "beer tent". plus i've never been a fan of beer, thankfully there is no wine there.

I will be walking my dog, napping, cleaning, & all other non-al activities to fill this weekend.

I am looking forward to getting through the first week al free in a while.

happy friday!
      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Greenie, I like the old avatar better.

Be careful, raging libido and FH don't mix!!

Back later.
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

greenie - do you mean he climbed up and knocked on your window, really?
          Does your window open outwards cos I think I may have been tempted!
          Stay strong my green friend - and your libido!

ok well the bear plan:

Skate tonight then bed ready for early start next day.

I'm off to see non boozyfriends tomorrow and stay over at theirs ,night in with takeaway(taking diet 7up and chocolate just in case - am addicted!)
          sunday - home and skating
          Taking 'living sober' book with me to read in bed.

I'm not tempted if I'm with non drinking people - they do smoke but I still feel ill and am only tempted to smoke when I drink.

I went into work today for 4 hours - had to have sleep at lunch - then others told me I looked ill - still feel it. I think am just mentally exhausted with work and it's coming out physically - exhausted/glands up/sore mouth and throat/hot and cold shivers. felt bit guilty as it's all a bit non descript - bottom line is I can't think straight/have no energy so am no use there. I need to rest.

Last week next week before I go off on leave.
          I don't want to be ill in my time off!
          Good weekend all to come - off for another little sleep.
          one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Good Friday morning Abbers,

Greenie - you look exactly like my husband :H
            Hard to miss that butt head look! I think maybe what you need is a big, nasty guard dog! I once had a German Shepherd who loved to knock people off their feet when they dared to knock on my front door - loved that dog

DG, I have no social life so my weekend plans are the same as any other day. I am interested to see how my husband chooses to respond to a letter I sent him this week. He won't answer his phone or email so I mailed an old fashioned letter to his office. I told him to come this weekend prepared to answer some important questions such as just what the hell is wrong with him & what he is doing about it, etc. If he won't break down & give me the truth then he's not to come in the house. He is putting my peace of mind at risk at this point & I just won't have that ull I'm not a damn doormat!!

Well, on that happy note I wish everyone a wonderful AF Friday
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Hi everyone,

Hope things go well with the plumber greeny (wink wink!)

Lav - good luck with hubby. Bear, work that plan!!!

I am going away to my in laws cabin. There will be drinking there but I am prepared with my AF drinks, my big book from AA, my own additional reading material if I need to escape as well as my program booklet from woman for sobriety. I am taking all the tools and honestly, I am not worried. If I was to have a drink I think my BF would walk out the door and never come back so I have that additional motivation not too. I can see myself spending a lot of time in my room though. Oh well, whatever I have to do. My recovery is my only priority right now.

I got into the treatment program. I go in mid August. I can't wait. I am so happy!!!

Have a great weekend guys,
              Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Hi Again,

Sounds like everyone has some good solid plans for staying AF this weekend.

Bear, What is causing you to feel ill? Any idea?

Uni, Instead of staying in a room for the weekend, ask your BF to take you for a drive or go for a nice walk (or go by yourself). I find that the outdoors and the fresh air really helps. I have never enjoyed being cooped up in a house, especially with a bunch of relatives! A recipe for disaster for sure.

Lav, I admire your patience and your integrity with your husband. Many women would have gone straight to a lawyer, gotten him on abandonment, and taken him to the cleaners. I hope he realizes that you could do that if you were so inclined. But, I know you are committed to the marriage and wanting to work it out if you can.

DG, You sound busy, busy, busy as usual!

Greenie, I like the bikini/river shot better (so does Mr. G!) than the but head shot. Stay away from FH!!!

Mstall, sounds like you have a good plan.

My husband just left with my two older girls to visit his mother for the weekend. I am staying here with my youngest. I took the day off, will take her swimming and then hang out with her for the weekend. In the old days, I would have gone with him, felt restless, resentful and stressed out because I do not like his mom, and I would have drank. NOT.

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

OK, I left butthead in the woods by the river.

M3, that unbridled hostility snuffed the libido so don't worry about FH.

Uni, I agree with M3 about the room issue. Go ahead and broaden your options, OK? And outdoors is a really good one. I've left many a demon in the woods. And buttheads Mid August is only 2 weeks away!! Yay!

Lav, geeeeezzzz you have patience. I guess it's lucky for him you don't shout WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU??!! like some people we know...

bear - I hope you can zap your illness thing. It's sort of worrisome. FH climbed the ladder over the fence to get in the back yard, the window is at ground level. So his face was right there. I need to remind him of my gun.

I've got to jump in the shower before the plumber gets here. Just in case he has to shut off the water.
                  sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Hello friends.
                    I am sitting in my camper which is parked in my yard by the house. I am flushing the antifreeze out of the tanks/pipes. Trouble is, hubby hasn't ever fixed the leak in the pipe, and now it is worse. I think we can cripple through for a couple of days thought. Just have to be careful how we use the water. In the past I would have been pissed, and then drank myself into oblivion. I'm considering just leaving the camper parked here, hell I have electricity therefore A/C and I have my laptop/internet, and water just inside the house. I would like to do some swimming though--therefore I guess I'm going to have to drag this to the lake. Greenie, maybe you could talk Mr. Plumber into a road trip to Nebraska and we could meet and he could fix my leaks. Is that you in the bikini? Can I have your body AND your libido? On second thought, better not, I'd probably get myself in all sorts of trouble!

Best wishes everyone for a relaxing sober weekend.:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

LVT, it's funny to type this with him 2 yards from me :H:H All I can see is his feet. His parents live in Idaho - maybe next trip out there..... :H He told me his dad said to send me out to go flyfishing. Nebraska. Is that a state?

That body was from my late 20s so don't be too jealous

Just curious... why do you need the camper to go swimming? I would have drank myself into oblivion too - but first I would have problably done something destructive trying to fix something I couldn't.
                      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

:sofa: Is is safe to come out now...? I took a peek earlier today and this odd butthead person had joined the thread. I'm afraid of strangers. Until I get used to them, that is.

Everyone has thought of plans for the weekend - great! Uni, I agree about not curling up in a room by yourself for too long. Fantastic news about the treatment facility!

My plans are retail therapy tomorrow rummaging thru summer sales. On Sunday I'll spend some time with a really nice American singer I ran into a few weeks ago. It's wierd when you meet a new person and something in you says 'click'.

As for libido - NOT part of my weekend plan, I hasten to add - all is not lost judging by a few odd incidents recently. Not involving plumbers.

Lav, :goodjob: Indeed,

Have a restful evening, folks.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Darn!! I missed the Butthead Avatar!! Whew Greenie-that river avatar was making ME green!! With envy!! Even in my late 20's I didn't have a body like that! It wasn't bad, but it wasn't like that!! Selfishly glad to know we don't need to be too jealous!!

My sobriety plan for this weekend is like any other day-errands on the way home-close my eyes as I drive past the liquor store, make it home, try to make a nice dinner, take care of the "kids", Dog Whisperer, read, bed. That pretty much takes care of tonite and Saturday. Sunday I'm going to clean, clean, clean and then if there is time, mess up the kitchen again by more baking. Everyone loved my zucchini bread so I am encouraged that if I just follow directions I can make something that is actually edible!

LVT-hope you enjoy your time by the lake. I know i can't afford one right now, but I dearly want a popup camper so I can just take off with the pups and also go to more agility events. Have fun!!

Lav-good luck with hubby. Hope he surprises you! But if he doesn't, I hope you can find the strength to do what is right for YOU.

DG-good luck with the dog training get together at your house. Hope it isn't as tough for you as it sounds like it will be.

LM is fine-almonds are almost out :H. Happy the heat/humidity is gone for a while.

TTL.
                          :l
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Hummm.... no theatre tonight. It was LAST weekend.
                            There are things I need to do - like mow the grass and pick and jar figs, but I think I'll just do nothing. I think a wallow with a book is in order. I don't want to get hot and I'm actually pretty tired. I need to bump up my water intake now that I think about it.

Auntie, no I haven't done anything with the internet like match.com. I don't know why :huh: just haven't. How did you meet the singer pamina?

Guess it's time for a new avatar. :muahaha:

Cindi I hope you are settled in for a nice weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Friday 7/30

Yea!!! The toes are back!!

Just wrote in my journal about the "horror" that greeted me when I let the dogs out after getting home. All the water in my beautiful pond was gone!! My fishies!! All turned out well however once I refilled and cleaned the filter. That will teach me to procrastinate about "pondkeeping" chores. Whew!! Also went on a freecycle trip to pick up free Handyman Mags around 7:30 and on the way home stopped at the market for dinner. Ended up with an awesome bargain on underbed storage containers that I'll be using in the Outback once I build my crate platform. I kept thinking on the way home that this awesome shopping trip would never have happened if I was still drinking. After fixing the pond I would have dove into a bottle of wine and probably would have had 4 glasses in me by 7:30. It's good to be sober!!

Have a great nite all and one thing is for sure.......

:l
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X