Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily-FRIDAY!! August 6, 2010

Good Evening Fellow Abbers!

Thankful here that it is Friday evening and looking forward to the weekend. We are supposed to have beautiful weather here in PA so I'll be outside tending to my garden. Some weeding is in order.

Biggest challenge for me this weekend is an annual neighborhood party on Saturday night that generally turns into a major drunk fest. I am planning to go but will keep a low profile, arrive late and exit early - there will be NO alcohol for me. Period!

Today is day 24 AF for me and I am excited about approaching my 30 day mark. I have to admit that my triggers were really firing when I was driving home from the office tonight. Driving in the car is definitely one of my vulnerabilities when I begin to think about alcohol. That stinkin' demon just doesn't give up

Once I got home, I was able to relax, take a 15 minute nap and felt refreshed and stronger. Looking forward to a restful night.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    John
    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

AF Daily-FRIDAY!! August 6, 2010

Hi Paguy! You are doing AWESOME heading towards your 30 day mark! Sounds like you have a great plan for the neighborhood party. In addition to arriving late and leaving early, I always make sure to eat ahead of time as I crave less on a full stomach. To an event like that I would also have my own thermos with me of something really fabulous AF to drink. You can do it! You could also print something from here at MWO and keep us with you in your pocket. LOL my AA sponsor is a Nun and I always keep a vision with me of her giving me one of those "I will wrap my walker around your neck" Nun looks. Definitely a deterent! :H

Do you have any motivational type CD's you could listen to in the car?

I think I'll start the Saturday thread now!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X