AF Daily - Sunday August 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up and at 'em Fabbie Abbies! Happy Sunday one and all.

***Brekkie Post Warning***

Marshy, I don't know what a twanging point is, but being stressed to the twanging point does not sound good! It must be really hard to be so far away from your Mom right now and try to juggle your own life and make decisions about when to travel there and when to stay home. :l I hope your Mom comes through this next procedure in fine shape. I hope your Dad is hanging in there too. If you get tired of your little hottie PT send him on over the pond, OK? :h

G I hope you are enjoying making wonderful music this weekend! No _________ with the fangirls, OK?

Rusty, it sounds so beautiful to run around the lake. Do you do that in the winter cold too? Or will you be moving your exercise indoors? I was in HORRIBLE shape when I first quit drinking and am pretty amazed at how much more fit I am now. Yesterday I walked up to our mailbox (it's about a quarter mile). It involves going up and down hills. I used to be panting going that short distance! Never would walk it in the heat. (or stumble it as it was....) Yesterday it was like nothing at all. That reminds me I need to schedule a re-do of our camping trip to Starved Rock.

Greenie I read on another thread that you gave little doggie a hair cut! We want pictures! Little D is so cute. How did the fishing go? What is your decision about Painter Man? Where is P3 with another As the AF World Turns post?

P3 - Mr. Doggy says Dream Weaver is a lot harder to use than some of the others. I'm impressed! Good for you hunting down some clients. Nothing wrong starting with family! Most of our clients are small and with very limited budgets. So Mr. D doesn't even use Dream Weaver most of the time. He can put pages together much simpler and faster with whatever other stuff he uses that I know nothing about. What Mr. D. is particularly good at is the search engine optimization part. He gets our clients ranked high without them having to pay for clicks and all that other stuff people do to try to get ranked. Mr. D's sister is a really talented graphic artist. They work together on a lot of projects where she will do the logo designs and stuff like that. Do you do both the technical and the art part? There is so much to it I am very impressed with your talents!!!!!!! Sorry that you were stuck in doors yesterday. I hope today is more fun for you!

Uni - I am so proud of you for getting up and going even though you didn't feel like it!!!!!! :yougo: What's going on today in Uni's world?

PA Guy, all I can say is....what time should I be there for dinner? What is growing in your garden? I am making dill pickle chips and salsa today.

Pride, cool that STB Mr. is in that bike ride. I always think those types of group efforts sound like so much fun and yet in the old days I was too focused on drinking to commit to events like that. I'm still sort of scared to commit to things sometimes. I'm trying to get past that with some of the volunteer work and stuff I've started doing. I should set a goal to do a 5K walk for breast cancer or something like that next year. How are YOU doing today?

Did I miss anyone from yesterday? I hope not. Hello to Fabbie Abbies not checked in yet this weekend too.

Well, now I need to get a move on!! I'm giving a guy a ride to AA this morning so need to leave a few minutes early. Then I will be moving on to the canarama. No parade today. I was sort of relieved when I couldn't find any details about where / when to show up. Don't tell anyone.

Zoom Zoom...

One thing is for sure...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Morning DG, and assorted Abber's!

Have a safe, sober, and magical day, whether your pickin pickles, choosing a new bathrobe, getting a haircut, buying a wig, jammin or cannin'. It doesn't matter, cause one thing i know for sure........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Morning Fabbie Abbies,

It's going to be a steamy summer day here in the Land of Cheese so I better get going on my run. I'm bad Rusty today because I am blowing off church. I shouldn't but I am. Instead of going to my Catholic church, I am either going to the Heathen Redemption Convenant or the Church of the Slovenly Mother! :H

Doggygirl-I do run around the lake path in the wintertime (November) if there isn't any snow. It's not as fun as in summer because the path gets blocked because people pull their piers in and leave them on the shoreline so in certain places the lake path gets blocked. You walk a 1/4 mile to get to your mailbox? I'm impressed! I'm envious that you are going to Starved Rock. I love that place. I stayed there several years ago when I was in Illinois on business.

I cheery AF hello to Mr. G, Marshy, Greenie, Chill, Uni, Paguy, Spuddle, Pride, P3, Lav (where are you? Check in, please) and all to come....have a wonderful AF day or night!

No drinking for this woman today....too much fun to be had which won't happen if I pick up that first drink!

Take care everyone, and enjoy your day, and have a restful sleep if you are on a continent far, far away!

xoxoxo

Rusty

Comment

Hiya all
        I'm joining this thread if thats ok (?)
        I had a great AF Sunday.. was a treat, the little one turns 5 next week and... wow how did That Happen?
        Was great to talk to you on chat rusty... my time zone is so different to everyone else so whenever I go onto chat there is no one there
        But I'm back AF which feels so good for me and also NF as of tomorrow..
        Have a great day all... I love reading about all your seasonal pursuits.. here its just hot and hotter in Asia, but in December I will be back to NZ and seasons.. yay
        Take Care
        Patrice

Comment

hey ho! Quick shout out before I go to the river. I'll be back! in my best arnie voice

Lav.... I'm not sure we can tolerate not hearing from you every day.... did you get overcome by peach fuzz?

Uni, I know what you mean by pretty underwear working on the insides. Almost makes me consider giving up commando!

I didn't fish, other things beckoned - like little doggie's haircut (proud of myself! and I'll post piccie when I get one). Besides, the morning mist is so heavy on the river, I doubt I could see my fly and I don't feel like nymphing.

Nothing on the painter. I didn't return the call but I'm not sure if I was even supposed to. Sister said leave it be until there is no working relationship (there are still some work things hanging out there). So I'm thinking on that. It is so easy to avoid and call it "thinking on it", isn't it?

Gotta get to the river - it's to be pushing 100 for the next few days... what a suprise! :toohot:

Patrice, welcome!!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning, Fellow Abbers:

Today is already off to a great start for me - I fell back to sleep after awaking at 5am and slept until 7:30am. And it wasn't because the rooom was spinning and my head was pounding!! It's just that my body needed a bit more rest today and I enjoyed it.

Last night I had my first experience attending a social event while being AF. It was an annual neighborhood block party that usually turns into a drunk fest. It was strange. I felt like I was on the outside looking in and believe me, I really didn't like most of what I saw. But, I made my appearance and quickly exited on the heels of the first family that left. Whew!

Pride - I have not been able to do any weight bearing exercises yet. I have my next appointment with my orthopedic doc on August 17th. I am hoping to get the clearance that I can start exercising again. I have my eyes set on running a half-marathon in Phila in November

DG - It's interesting, but I do not grow any vegetables in my garden. I have a few herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano) but the rest is flowers. In the past, I've traveled quite a bit for work during the week and I rationalized that it wasn't practical to tend to a veggie garden. But, maybe I need to rethink that position now that I have a clearer head!

All - the quinoa zucchini medley that I made yesterday turned out awesome!

It looks like it is shaping up to be a beautiful day here weatherwise so I am looking forward to spending time outdoors today. Right now, my little 4-legged friend is looking at me with great anticipation to go out for his morning walk so off I go...

Have a great day everyone!!
            John
            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Morning fellow abbers!!

I am actually feeling quite good this morning. A little tired and did consider going back to bed but then decided that it is not worth it to ruin a wonderful AF Sunday!

I have a bridal shower to go to later and am just vegging a bit until I get the energy to clean the bathrooms. I need to clean the mousetraps out too but I will wait for the BF to get home to do that chore (yuck).

I am feeling quite thankful this morning - thankful that I have such a wonderful BF, thankful to have such good friends, thankful to have you guys and just generally thankful to be alive and sober. Day 24 here today and counting down the days to treatment.

Oh, went and saw the new Angelina movie Salt last night - awesome flick if you like action films. Highly reccomend!

As DG says - One thing is for sure.........

Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Good Morning All,

Happy, happy Sunday. Weather is gorgeous here today.

Nice to see that so many of you are up and ready to go for the day.

DG, I'm amazed at all you do in a day. You are the ultimate energizer bunny.

Greenie, don't think to much on the painter guy. You impress me as a very intuitive person so I would trust that.

Marshy, I loved the description of your personal trainer yesterday. It's good that you are working out. It helps with the stress and with all that you are going through with your mom, you need it.

Welcome Patrice.

Rusty, running around a lake sounds fabulous. I love running in beautiful surroundings.

Mr. G. Always good to hear from you.

Paguy. Congrats on making it through the first drinking event. It is amazing what you see when you are Af isn't it? I hope you get good news about your foot.

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

little doggie in the river with new haircut

spiderweb by the riverbank

sigpic

Comment

Hello abbers!

Cute little doggie, Greenie! That tail looks very large.

Thanks for the good wishes DG (and hands off my hunky PT!). He's all mine :muahaha:

Hello to Guitarista, Rusty, Patrice, Paguy, Uni, Momof3 and all to come.

Papmom - I read something today about newish test for kidney disease which seems to return incorrect results, and thought you might be interested. Here's the piece:

Doctor, doctor: Chronic kidney disease and anxiety | Life and style | The Guardian
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

DG??? whadda ya mean hands off, DG?? I'm the only one with a libido around here! :H

Marshy I gave little doggie a haircut yesterday. What does one do with the tail then? And I cut a LOT of it!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey there Abbers!!!!

I'm back! Apparently 2 of my computers picked up a virus or something. Anyway they were totally locked up, I couldn't do a thing. I have a 3rd computer here but it's dedicated to running my embroidery equipment - I won't chance it on the internet!!!

So guess who cleaned up my computer problems???? Take a wild guess! Yep, FH
                        He owned his own computer biz until a few years ago & he knows his way around a virus, spyware, malware invasion. I smiled & said thanks, that's all.

I haven't had a chance to read the posts from the last few days, I'll do that now.
                        Hope everyone is OK & having a good weekend.

Later,
                        Lav

Little doggie looks cute with the fresh haircut Greenie
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;929520 wrote: I'm back! Apparently 2 of my computers picked up a virus or something.
                          Yeast infection?
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

:H:H:H:H
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello friends!

I am so behind on the news here, I want to reply to everyone because I have an opinion or a contribution to everyone's stories, but I simply don't have time!! Marshy I can relate to your dilemma of being so far away from family when they are ill and trying to time your visits, it IS stressful! I went through that with my parents and now my sis. Who by the way was doing really well until her cultures came back. I'm not sure of the significance yet (I hate not being there asking all the right questions) but she has MRSA in her lungs (she is a carrier) and e-coli in her bladder. UGH! I hope this doesn't drag her down further.

We went to a big 50 bash for a friend last night. I don't get how my friends are all turning 50 and I am still only 29! Anyway, I'm still a tad uncomfortable not drinking, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for no hangovers and no regrets!!!

A long time friend of my hubby's passed away today. He was a big time alcoholic--loner--good guy when sober.....I feel bad for my hubby even though we haven't seen him for a few years, they were very close at one time. He died in freak accident at work. I feel glad it happened that way, rather than him dying all alone in a gutter somewhere.

Ok, I better get busy. I'm still trying to catch up enough to be able to go on a mini vacation to Denver next week.

Have a good one! One thing is for sure here...............:h

(Oh, I picked my first cucumber!)
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X