Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday August 8

Evening abbers,

Just a quick note before bed. I saw my new American singer friend again today. We had dinner earlier in the week and get on really well. Unfortunately she's returning to NYC soon though will be back in January if she gets her dream job. Marshy, whatever happened to the departing person-of-interest?

LVT, sorry to hear about Terry's continuing troubles. I really admire the way you juggle all the various issues going on in your life. I'm off on Tuesday to help my sister who's just moved into a new assisted housing arrangement. It's only one person, but I'll have my hands full.

Very cute dog, Greenie.

And Lav, how many computers does one woman need??

I'm looking forward to soup recipes from all you veggie gardeners. For some reason I've developed serious soup cravings this past week and ordered a bunch of Covent Garden soup cookbooks online. More cookbook recommendations, anyone?

Have a good week one and all.

Comment

the plumber

OK, never hear from him last week. Still has a bunch of work to do, haven't paid him.... So I'm worried about him and I call my friend who referred him & ask her. She says...Oh yeah...., he does that. We've been trying to reach him too. WTF? She says he has so much going on he sometimes just doesn't get back to you (in an awkward sort of way). Of course immediately I'm thinking alcoholic! She knows I quit drinking and why (as a first hand participant) but that doesn't mean she needs to tell me anything and actually, why am I even typing this?
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello again everyone! I still have to get ready for Mary Kay Day at Curves tomorrow so I can't type all that I would love to! (cuz you are the rockinest, coolest bunch of 29 year old friends a person could possibly have!!!)

Clean the refrigerator soup, my very favorite soup recipe:

1. If you like meat in it, prepare some chicken bits or brown some ground beef or whatever is sitting around in your fridge as leftovers. If not a meat eater, then skip this part.
        2. Put some liquidy thing such as a big jar of home canned tomatos or some broth, or maybe both in a pot with whatever you decided about #1.
        3. See what veggies are hiding in the back corners of the drawer. If they are not fuzzy and blue/black, then cut them up and put them in the pot.
        4. Put some spices in there! Salt and pepper for sure. I like hot spicy soup so chilli powder and stuff like that is always good by me. Or some basil and oregano. Go to PAguy's house in the night and snitch some fresh!!
        5. Cook until you think it's done.
        6. Eat.

OK. I am SO OVER food for today. Except for the ice cream I'm going to have with peaches from our baby trees. 18 pints and 4 quarters of pickles, 1/2 of them dill chips and 1/2 of them bread and butter. 13 pints of salsa. The peaches with all had bad spots and they are little and were a pain in the arse to peel and cut even though they taste good. Then a Wholesome Goodness dinner of some beef and fresh crap. Then all the dishes. I don't want to see a tomato or a cucumber for at least a week.

LVT, congrats on your first cuke.

Bye Bye... One thing is for sure besides my lack of libido and __________ ............

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A yeast infection in my computer network Marshy?????
          On no, I never even gave that a thought :H

LVT, I'm sorry to hear your sister is so sick. Sounds like her immune system has been compromised. She's going to need antibiotics for quite some time (unfortunately antibiotic (over)use is said to cause MRSA. I'll be thinking of both of you.

DG - too much time in the kitchen makes me downright cranky :H
          I think I've had it with the fruits & veggies this year. Not in the mood for so much grunt work

I am so happy to have my computers back - you don't realize how addicted you are until you have to go without!
          Pam, I have a home based business so I actually have 2 desktops & 1 laptop of my own. They all need to be health, up & running to keep things going smoothly

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X