Hi Dill - glad you had a good day.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF August - Week 2

Hi Lav,

I love Masterpiece Theatre, too!

It looks like we forgot to start week 3. First one on tomorrow should start us off on week 3.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF August - Week 2

Am so depressed to be home. My husband chattering away, pretending that everything is fine. Waiting for my son and fiance to arrive from Santa Fe for dinner, other people invited also. Feel like I'm just done, haven't felt this depressed in years. So much for the af life.

Comment

AF August - Week 2

:l:lSped:l:l

Hang in there, tomorrow will be a better day.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

AF August - Week 2

Hi Shelley-I'm sorry you're so down...it must be tough with your son....feeling the way you do about his fiancee. Are you still taking Antabuse? I hope the evening is uneventful but it must be torture when your husband isn't on the same page as you are. :l

Lav-I happen to like Masterpiece Theatre and my mom LOVED it. It was her way of escaping the pandemonium of staying home with 5 kids and trying to take care of her husband, her mother, and her alcoholic sisters at the same time. No worry on the Dilbert cap, Lav....I'm not wild about Garfield. I love Dilbert because of how the characters in that cartoon are SO real to me in my career....very true most of the time.

Dill-um, I was born in 1961, the youngest of 5 kids...and my brothers and sisters loved Rocky, Bullwinkle, Penelope Pitstop and Snidely Whiplash. Great cartoons. My favorite, though, is Jonny Quest (I have all the DVDs and I watch them over and over again).

Star-I will check out that book. Sounds interesting.

I'll check back in a bit....must answer a business concern now.

xoxoxox

Rusty

Comment

AF August - Week 2

Don't know if I can. Feel like getting in the car and just going anywhere but here. Dill, how do you deal with your kid marrying someone you don't like??

Comment

AF August - Week 2

Shelley,

Thought I'd offer my .02 here.......

My son married a girl that was very nice but IMHO too young & too immature for him. I haved learned to love her over the past 4 years. She is maturing slowly

My daughter married just 3 months after my son did. Yes, that was the craziest year of my life (sept 06- dec - 06). It wasn't that I disliked her guy - I just felt that I didn't really know him. He's very, very quiet with a very, very dry sense of humor. I feel that I'm finally getting used to him because, afterall, he does make my daughter happy!

I suppose we need to trust the choices our adult kids make. We raised them right, now we have to let them do their thing. Try not to make yourself crazy over this I'm just having serious doubt about marriage in any shape or form these days.........

Rusty, I'll keep searching for Catbert - you never know
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF August - Week 2

Sped,
                  You have to just take a deep breath and practice acceptance. Serenity prayer is helpful. We must accept the things we cannot change. Once your son chooses his wife, she is going to be his priority. In the natural order of things, that's as it should be. You have to accept his choice, if only on the surface, or you may end up losing your son. Believe me, I know how difficult it is. I have nothing in common with my DIL except for my son, and now grandson. But I am always pleasant, civil, and I sometimes bite holes in my tongue, but I do my best to keep the peace.

I had hoped to have the type of experience that Lav mentioned:
                  My son married a girl that was very nice but IMHO too young & too immature for him. I haved learned to love her over the past 4 years. She is maturing slowly
                  but that didn't work out for me. It's been 6 years now and she hasn't "matured". She's a self-absorbed and self-centered.....

But, DO keep and open mind, because you may grow to like her and she will be the mother of your grandchildren.
                  Dill

Comment

Working...
                  X