Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Monday August 9th

Morning/evening all,

As I was leaving home this morning, one of my neighbours was coming in, drunk as a skunk, with a can of beer in her hand. She was rambling about having to get to bed and sleep. So glad I'm not doing that any more, although I usually crashed long before 9am. :H

I've bought mum a new nightdress and robe in case she fancies a new outfit for her hospital bed. Still no word on her transfer to another hospital. It was mum and dad's wedding anniversary yesterday - 51 years. They spent it pottering around the grounds of the hospital.

From yesterday:

Greenie, plumbers seem to disappear a lot. It happened to a friend of mine - but unfortunately she'd made the mistake of paying him upfront and never saw him again...

DG - do you have a recipe for the veg that HAVE gone fuzzy, blue/black?

LVT - yes, I hate not being there to ask questions too. My parents seem to be reluctant to "bother" the doctors.
    On MRSA: I looked at the website of the hospital my mum is due to be transferred to, and they have an MRSA monitor that said "No cases of MRSA for three weeks". I thought that was really bad but they think that's really good! It's obviously so endemic now.

Pamina - shame about your friend leaving but it's a great excuse to visit NYC. I've recently made friends with a someone who drinks a fair amount and takes drugs ("recreationally"). She's just got a job as a drug/alcohol counsellor :H We're a bit of an "odd couple" now that I have no vices :H but just hit it off
    Re the woman who left town: we're emailing but she's been having a really horrible time with family issues (death of her mother, big fallout with her father) and is very focused on those, to the point of not being interested in anything much else at the moment.

Have a good day all! I've got a date with my personal trainer later :h
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

morning Marshy, enjoy your personal trainer - I too had a gorgeous one - lovely japanese tattoos!Week off for me here and determined to spend it af.

4 beers sat - you have all spent so much energy on guiding me that I don't expect you to keep doing it/responding.It's important for me to post in terms of being honest with myself.
    I am back on af life again now - and relooking at plan/trigger.
    I need to insist on driving is a major learning point.

Gardening/cleaning/washing today - maybe a day at the coast tomorrow, bit of gym.
    did roller half marathon yesterday - loved it - gonna do full one next year.
    A good af day all to come.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Here we are on a Monday morning and I am actually NOT dreading the idea of going to work. One thing I have noticed about being AF and the weekends is that the weekends seem so much longer. I did alot of chores and jobby jobs around the house, but I actually feel relaxed and rested. WOW!

Today is day 27 AF for me so that means I am on the FINAL stretch to reaching my first 30 day milestone - YEAH! :H

Have a great AF day everyone!
      John
      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Hi Abbies,

Back online, I hope, at least for a while.

Marshy it is funny about how people don't want to bother the docs - it is really good that you can be there a lot to be her advocate. My mom said that if a patient is too much trouble, then later when no one is around the staff 'gets you back'. Who knows if this is just my paranoid mom or if it's real. Grosses me out, actually.

Hi Bear. You are doing well to be honest. It all comes down to what you really need/want. I wonder, have you thought about why you want to be AF? Maybe you don't really want to be AF yet. Maybe you don't feel that you have to be yet. Nothing wrong with either of those, I think, it's just a personal decision. Not encouraging you to run out and buy a sixpack, just thinking about your rationale.

I love the quiet of the early morning. See y'all later!

T.
        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Hi John,
          Cross-posted. I think you came on the scene about a week ago when I was offline. Hello to you. I know how you are looking forward to crossing the 30 day line. I've just crossed the 3 month line and it feels great.

Have a great day!
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Just got back from my workout and looking forward to good day. It's going to be hot as anything here so I think I will work a little while in the am and then take my girls to the movies. We are leaving tomorrow to go the Shenandoah mountains (about 2 hrs from me) for 3 days. I don't have a babysitter this week so it's a good time to head out of town and enjoy the somewhat cooler air of the mountains.

Bear, don't know what to say...appreciate your honesty though.

Marshy, It's really an incredible thing to hear that your mom and dad have been together for 51 years! Also, I felt a bit nauseous when I read about the woman who came in at 9am drunk. The experience of my last hangover is becoming more and more of a distant memory in my brain but it's good to know that my stomach still remembers! And the part time drinker/recreational druggie?

Uni, I was reading your post yesterday about how grateful you feel about your life, being AF, etc. I think gratitude has been one of the most important parts of my sobriety. No matter how hard things get, if I can take the time to reflect on what I am grateful for, I am golden. I think you are going to get so much out of your rehab. You are certainly off to a great start!!

Greenie, who is MIA, the plumber or the painter? I can't keep track.

Paguy. You are doing a fantastic job! And, you sound pretty darn content to boot. Keep doing whatever you are doing!

Lav, I read on another thread about the anniversary of your nephew's death from drunk driving at such a young age. So very tragic. I can't imagine how terribly his parents feel. My heart goes out to them.

LVT, I am praying for your sister and hoping she beats this infection!

DG, where are you? What do you have going on today?

Bye for now. Check in later.

M3
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Morning from the humidity hole of the universe!!!!

Wait!! I am queen of the universe! I must address this!

I overslept! Even though it's pretty dim light that early, I find if I close the blinds I sleep in. If you call 6:30 sleeping in :H Odd.

LVT :l I'm glad you are carving out some Denver vacation time! What's the scoop on that?

M3 - Shenendoah....*sigh* I've really got to come up with a plan to move - I belong in the mountains. My sister talked of the devastation of "that" storm you mentioned.

bear, those people you were with? Maybe you should avoid them. That situation you were in? Maybe you should avoid them.

marshy, that's sweet of you think of a gown. Makes me think of uni's underwear. Little things like that can make a diff in the way a person feels and I think that's important.

paguy.. "jobby jobs" :H:H I know what you mean! You are really in a good zone with your AFness!

gaia, I think it's your paranoid mom. Seems like all parents are like that. Parents of us 29 year olds anyway.

Pamina - I posted a good cucumber soup in recipes.

Lav, this was my note from the universe today:
              Yes, greenie, it's true. There are so many things you don't know about.
              Things, quite frankly, that you can't know. About the magic, the unseen,
              and the miraculous logistics that can so swiftly change a life. Yes, it
              would be enough to daunt even the hardiest of souls.

But, then again, greenie, one needn't learn the mysteries of the wind,
              to sail effortlessly around the world, either.

Shout out to patrice, pride, the gorgeous g and all to come!

I guess I'll go to the river now.

One thing is for sure.......
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi all
                Well I am nearly through my AF Monday - I got a bit lost over the last 7 days... the little experiement I did turned into 7 days of drinking after work.. I have learnt that I need to cope with stressful events more appropriately, but a corner has been turned and i'm positive, planned up and back into the swing of it all.
                I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more and adding to all the positive vibes here
                Have a great day everyone.. its lights out here in Asia
                Patrice

Comment

Hello friends,

Mom3, I would love to go with you to the mountains! It seems like every year about this time, I start to think that we NEED to go on a family vacation. I start to make plans, and I start to worry, and I start to wonder how on earth I will ever get my work done so we can go, and I worry about what we will do with the dog, and how we really shouldn't go because we really can't afford it.............. The boys angered me last night to the point that I want to have a little pow wow tonight with all of them to see if this is what we really want to do. I told them last night they better start getting along or their dad and I were going on vacation without them. And it won't be Denver! I wish we could just get in the car and go, no worries, no plans, no problem. I guess I'm just not built that way. We didn't go on vacations when I was a kid...now I know why.

Gotta run! Have a great week all!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Morning Abbers,

Overslept a bit myself this morning. The mental exhaustion caught up with me I think!
                    Anyway, I'm rested now

M3, I have fond memories of visiting Shenandoah & the surrounding area - enjoy.

LVT, I'm not sure if taking kids on vacation is really a vacation, it it?????? I remember those days too. Thinking about you & your sister.

Greetings to everyone - hope your day is wonderfully AF!
                    Time to get my butt in gear, get some things done.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yoga and Recovery

Hi All,

I am posting this You Tube video by Tommy Rosen who speaks about yoga and recovery. His class offerings are in California but this is catching on more and more throughout the country. You do not need to take a yoga class specific to recovery to experience its benefits. I am sharing this because I seriously started yoga this year when I injured myself running and I have found it extremely helpful to my own well being and recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxOJYz0zZs[/video]]YouTube - ‪Tommy Rosen on Yoga For Recovery‬‎
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!

Comment

LVT25;929961 wrote: Hello friends,

Mom3, I would love to go with you to the mountains! It seems like every year about this time, I start to think that we NEED to go on a family vacation.
                        Gotta run! Have a great week all!:h
                        Hah! LVT. I do not think going away with children is a "vacation." I like to call it a change of venue! That's why I've made a commitment to get away by myself every once in awhile.

Hope you sis is doing better.
                        M3
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm feeling a bit blue today :upset: (I really think I need to change my depression medication - at least when I go to the centre I am in a concurrent program so they will deal with this as well). My daughter is home all day so that's a good thing otherwise I probably would not even get out of bed. In a bit of a tearful mood but I'm sure with her around I will put on my BGP and snap out of it for the day.

I am feeling good about the fact that I will be going to treatment with over 30 days under my belt. Going in clear headed and ready to talk will make it easier to gain something right away I think. 8 more days. They have computers there so I will be able to go on line to give you guys updates periodically.

K - If I don't go have a shower and start playing with my daughter I will end up back in bed which is really really bad, so I better get my butt in gear.

I love you guys and all of your support daily.

:l:l:l

Uni
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

Hello fellow Abbers.

Well, I fell back on Fri and Sat. night. We got to the beach and my sister, who I thought was going to be AF with me, got in the grocery store and started picking out wine and beer! This wasn't part of my plan so I kinda fell into it. I drank a couple of beers and then my sis, niece and I drank two of the big bottles of wine during those two nights. Guess it could have been worse. On Sat. night I confessed, finally, to my sis about my liver enzymes and how I really have to not drink. She felt really badly about helping me fail. I told her I should have had a back up plan and it wasn't her fault. She says now that she's going to cut back too. She's like me....can't stop with one or two. And even worse she's a diabetic since childhood. She doesn't need her liver to fail as well.
                            Anyway, got home yest afternoon, stopped at a store and got more blueberry pom juice and didn't drink last night. I'm going right back to being AF. I will not get back into that every night cycle again.
                            Uni...sorry you are feeling down today. That is such an awful way to be. I know it well.
                            M of 3...hope you have fun in the mountains. Shenendoah Valley is so beautiful. I live in NC and have driven through there many times, but have never spent a vacation there. I watched the yoga tape & it sounds like a great idea. The only trouble is I have to get my knees checked out which I'm doing tomorrow. Right now I can hardly get on the floor and get back up! Chain hoist anyone? :-)
                            Congrats PA Guy on 27 days.

So today I'm back to 20 days again. I'm just going to call it a slip and not start over.

Cheers everyone!
                            Auntie
                            AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

auntiegriselda;930045 wrote: I should have had a back up plan and it wasn't her fault.
                              Bingo!

Good job on coming home and stopping!

I have to say though, when you get to 30 days, I'll be congratulating you on 10, because in reality, that's what it will be. Onward and upward!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X