Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Monday August 9th

hey Everyone,
    back after after 18 hours of no internet :upset: I thought I was going to go into withdrawal!!

Greenie-your dog is the cutest!! You can try shaving all but the tip of the tail to give him a lion type look. I had that done to my cat yesterday (actually didn't know they would be shaving the tail LOL!!). He looks kind of cool actually although I miss his big fluffy tail!! good luck with the plumber. I HATE dealing with contractors!!

LVT-so sorry to hear of Terry's newest medical woes. Sure hope they can find something that will help her.

LAV-yea!! you're back! I had a feeling it was puter problems. Did ya eat that one cuke?

DG-you're zooming again!!! That soups sounds um, ah, delish. Um. not really a soup person.

Bear-I think Gaia has a point. Sounds like you're a little ambivilent as to whether or not you want to be totally AF. And that's OK!! Really!! If you are able to mod, then more power to you. Just be honest with yourself, OK?? This beast is nasty and will tell you all sorts of lies if you're not careful.

Marshy-lovely thought you had to buy your mum some new jammies for the hospital. They will really make her feel pretty and special!! Hope you get up there soon. Thank you so much for the link to the kidney disease article!! I'm am definitely printing that out and bringing it with me to my appt next week. You are so sweet to remember!!

I just saw that I didn't read the whole first page before I posted so I'm missing a ton of new stuff. Will get back to everyone I missed!!

Just wanted to say that being AF has not in anyway shape or form made me a nicer person when dealing with CS and my cable/internet company :H!! However, I didn't resort to the screaming drunk b**ch I usually morph into and although not exactly nice, I did get my 8am appointment today (the tech was actually outside my house at 7:30am!! Wonder if I put the fear of God into the CSR???) and no I didn't have to settle for the between 8am and 10am. He gave me a new router (which is what I knew was wrong) AND replaced all the cable my cat chewed to pieces (which interestingly was NOT the problem)!!
    At the same time, my rain barrel delivery came and I felt really bad for the driver of the semi that was trying to get down my street to my house. He walked down and told me he had already taken down one telephone wire. I thought that was too funny and now I feel bad I laughed. Anyway, he got the truck to me, gave me my barrel and then had to back it all the way back up the street as the wires were too low at the other end. Poor guy!!
    so quite the morning already and now I'm at work and haven't done a lick!!
    Ice cream truck tomorrow afternoon at the college-free samples. Wonder what my nutritionist will say about that :H.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

My personal trainer is not as nice as he looks.

Momof3, thanks for the reminder about yoga. It's something I dabble in now and again and then forget about it but people who do it seriously always look really healthy. I'll try a class at my new gym.

Uni - how long is your treatment for?

Bear - I agree with Gaia and Papmom - you do seem to be ambivalent about what you want. What would be your ideal?

Patrice - I remember your post about how difficult it is to get wine where you live because it's a dry country. So can you get other alcohol? (Just curious about the availability because I thought before it sounded as though you had to plan a long way ahead to get alcohol and then only small amounts).

Greenie - which mountains would you choose? When I was in the Peak District the other week it was so gorgeous I was having fantasies about moving there and becoming a sheep farmer. But there's no money in sheep apparently...
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

MARSHY - your trainer....:H:H I'm thinking user friendly mountains.- not so much snow that I can't get around. Maybe just nearer the mountains. I love the Smokeys. Eastern Tennessee, Western North Carolina. No sheep... ALPACAS!!! That's where the money is!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;930142 wrote: ALPACAS!!! That's where the money is!
          Alpacas, eh? You might be on to something there...
          I shall mull it over while I'm soaking my poor muscles in the bath.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

OK Greenie....advice duly noted. I will change my AF date to Aug. 8th. Having to do that really will make me think the next time I decide to "slip"! Thanks for the reality check!
            Auntie
            AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

28-35 days Marshy.
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

OK here we go.... a free series on men & relationships with them. Starts Saturday. 6 "sessions" or whatever you call them. (nonversations?)

MasterWorks Healing VideoShop Registration

BTW lav.... that leftover salt? I mix it with hot water and pour it on weeds that grow in the driveway cracks. puts that negative energy to good use.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thank you oh Greenie of the universe - I'm signed up

I'm still enjoying the summer long Inner Healing Compass series of speakers.
                  Gives me something useful to do with all the spare time I have these days............
                  I'm almost through reading Radical Manifestation now, very interesting!!!

Uni, you're doing great!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I want to know your secret to keeping up with the rascally fruits and vegetables, AND having time to read and listen to interesting speakers! Are you twins? Are you EB? Are you queen of the universe in training?

Hi everyone. I enjoyed reading all the posts. With all the :h in my heart I give a very special :b&d: to Bear and Auntie. Hopefully it's a learning experience. Lord knows I've had plenty of those on this journey.

Bear, you gotta decide if you really want AF and if you do, you gotta do what it takes. (i.e. staying far away from al for awhile)

Auntie, glad you re-set that sobriety date. We cannot drink AND be sober. My little committee in my head would sure love it if THAT were possible. Have our cake and eat it too. Doesn't work that way. Knowing that just one drink would put me right back to square one (and it would in a whole lot more ways than just the counting) is very much a deterrent. It won't be long before you start really seeing all the possibilities and opportunities and "open doors" that sobriety offers. Drinking will screw that up too. Not just your day count.

Patrice, I can't remember if I said welcome yesterday so if not, :welcome:!!! (I suffer from CRS)

Marshy, what a wonderful idea about the gown and robe for your Mom. I bet she will love that. And Uni, I agree about that underwear. Same with a really nice nightie!

LVT I'm thinking of Terry too.

I had an appointment today with a local eye doctor to be evaluated for lasik. I am a candidate for "monovision" which is where one eye is for distance and one eye is for up close. My distance vision is already fine, so we're only talking about one eye. And I can "try before I buy" with a contact. How cool is that? He said it's really a matter of whether my brain will adjust to that view of the world - using one eye for one thing and the other eye for something else. I also found out we all typically have a dominant eye. I did not know that! My right eye is dominant so most likely, if this is to work, my left eye will be the one with the correction for up close. They dillated my eyes so no contact until Wednesday. Then I need to give it at least a week to decide. If it works, I can either keep on with the contact or have surgery on one eye.

I'm SO hoping to rid myself of this purse full of glasses. Thousands of dollars worth of glasses and I hate all of 'em. We shall see! Whatever will be will be. (I did find myself wondering if my "brain adaptation" will be negatively impacted by all the brain cells I killed....)
                    Caught up on some work and picked more frickin' veggies out of the garden. The AA people are going to love me tomorrow.

I :h you guys and can't wait until I can greet everyone individually again!!! That Man Seminar Series sounds intersting. If any of the mysteries are revealed, please let me know.

One thing is for sure......

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X