X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Tuesday August 10

Good Morning All,

Marking and running as DG would say.

Workout done. Now off to a meeting and then to the mountains.

Good day to all to come.

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

sniffing

somebody push me out the door to the river would ya? I MUST make amends for last night's killer blueberry cobler and ice cream.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Needing a wee bit more motivation to get out the door this morning because of the oppressive humidity... will this summer ever end??

M3 - Enjoy your trip to the mountains...

Have a great day everyone.

John
      John
      AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Morning Abbers,

M3, I envy your energy!!!

Greenie, thank you again for the link. I'll never get outside if I continue to sit with my laptop listening to all these teleseminars I'm OK with that right now.

John, 6 months ago we were up to our knees in snow here in these parts. Talk about weather extremes

My plan for the day is to stay put in my air conditioned shop & get some real work done. Too hot to do much of anything else!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Seems like everyone has my blah today! It's 30 degrees here and humid (feels like 40 degrees which is 104 F) and I couldn't drag my butt out of bed till just now (I'm going to have to get my daughter to start dragging me out herself!).

Lazy day today except that I have to play ball tonight in this yucky weather.

Oh well, I think we will stay inside, clean, read, cuddle and bake brownies. Sounds good to me.

As DG says - one thing is for sure............
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Hi Everyone!!
            Hot here in MA as well. Yuck!
            Uni-sounds like your minda and body need a day off so enjoy your baking and cuddling. I bet your right back to your chipper self by tomorrow.
            M3-have a great trip-sounds awesome and hopefully the Smokies will be a tad cooler.
            Hi to Lav, PAguy, Greenie and everyone else who comes by.

Just wanted to give you an update on my appt with the Nutritionist this morning. Is there a smilie for "huge sigh of relief"? She was great! Not only did we talk nutrition but we got the "dog" talk in as well! She gets my passion so she understands the time constraints I'm under but the bottom line is that I have got to make some big changes and they have to be for life. That was one of the questions she asked: Are these changes for life or just until you lose the weight? I was also very very honest with her about my AF journey and the sugar cravings. She said they were very common when one quits AL and she gave me some tips on how to deal with them. The biggest change she wants me to make is to really watch my carb intake. I have a cheat sheet to use when there is no label info. I'm to only have around 30-45g of carbs per meal. Did anyone know that you don't really have to worry about the sugar amount on the nutrition labels? Its all included in your total carbs BUT if the fiber amount is 5g or higher, you can subtract that total amount from the total carbs. Cool huh?
            I also have to up my exercise but I knew that. We talked about priorities and how I tend to put the animals first. Need to change that. I also need to really work on batch cooking on Sundays. All this was very good and important to hear but the best part???? As far as she is concerned, I am PRE Diabetic, NOT Diabetic AND as far as the kidney disease goes, she says that horrible diet usually doesn't come into play until you reach stage 4 and mostly with stage 5 which I hope to never ever reach. Apparenly if I were to follow that right now I would do more harm than good. She also said my sodium intake should be around 2500 mg per day. Livestrong had me at 1500 so that is great news. I think the hardest thing to do is to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. That's where making myself a priority will come in
            So, I am feeling a lot better and I hope the good doc on the 19th doesn't pop my balloon.
            Just like with my AF journey, I need to make a solid plan for eating right and exercising EVERY DAY. Obviously no more Mickey D's or DD's and although frozen dinners are OK in moderation, they shouldn't be the mainstay of my diet.
            Tonite I will finish up the PF Chang's take out and Ben and Jerry's :blushing: and then start strong tomorrow.
            Thanks for listening everyone!!
            :l
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Cool & wet here. Quite nice, and I had a great swim because there was hardly anyone in the lido because of the weather.

For the first time ever I've coloured my hair - to cover up the grey bits. It looks good! Turned out darker than I thought it might. Hope it doesn't go green next time I'm in the pool.

Papmom - what a relief on the diabetes. Giving up the booze must have helped hugely with that.

Gonna have an early night with a book by Lorrie Moore. Anyone know her? Very funny so far.
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi guys,

Papmom - that is great news!!! I just wanted to post to let you know that.

Marshy - you should have no problem - I colour my hair a lot and it has never gone green.

Brownies are in the oven - feeling a bit better today. Looking forward to my woman for sobriety meeting tomorrow night.

See ya tomorrow guys!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Hi Marshy and Uni,
                  thanks for the good wishes. I am so relieved!! Funny tho, before I gave up the AL all my numbers in terms of diabetes were well within normal limits! that's why I'm so confused. I give up the worst thing in the world for you and my body goes south. Grrrr.
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello,

Papmom just wanted to let you know how great it was to hear your good news about your health, diet and exercise plan. It sounds like you found a good nutritionist!

Uni hope you have a nice meeting tomorrow.

Gotta run now, but I know one thing for sure...
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Gawd what a day. But one thing was/is for sure.....

Papmom - great news on your kidneys/diabetes! What's wrong with eating 3 hours before bed? I do that on a regular basis! I'm right with you on the Ben & Jerry's - gotta finish off that cobler tonight. I gave a lot to the delighted neighbors so I wouldn't be stuck with the whole thing! I look forward to hearing how things improve with your new program!

Night!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi all! I've been trying to at least keep up reading but have missed some. Definitely limited on posting time this week. Just wanted to say hi to everyone! It's still beastly hot and humid in my part of the world but I'm grateful to be staying busy anyway and having NO thoughts of drinking. At least not any "real" ones that feel anything like "urge" to me.

You are my first peeps that I'm *talking* to with my trial monovision contact in. Today is day one for that. Our eyes and brains are amazing things. I am reading and typing without glasses and just one eye doing the up close work. They said I might want stronger correction and I think I will see if I can get another contact so I have the option to try it in a couple of days. But this is really really really amazing.

For those of you who wear contacts, how long does it take before the process of putting it in becomes anywhere close to "easy" and not so time consuming??? :H I can hardly wait for the "take it out" part tonight. I think I'll be happy if I can get it out in under an hour, and all in one piece.

OK - off to AA. I love starting my day with my two favorite sobriety friend groups. (MWO+AA)

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X