Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday Aug 11

Morning abbers!!!

My computer seems to have a yeast infection. It's lack of ability to function is beyond the limited scope of my patience. I refuse to deal with it at this level. One thing is for sure.......
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Hey Greenie - it's Wednesday!!!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Hi Greenie and Uni,

I would like to join this thread, if that's ok? I am so new to internet forums so if I've inadvertently broken protocol, then let me know so I can hit myself over the head with a frying pan.

Uni, you are coming up on 30 days AF, how exciting! Good for you!

Have a great AF day!

xoxoxoxox

Rusty

Comment

Hi Uni and Greenie,

Wednesday it is, and another hot one. After 3 months AF, my hair should be getting thicker, right? I think it is but maybe I'm imagining it.

I have to do some cleaning up around here today. Once I get started it's ok, it's just the getting started part. May be a good day for a round of mini golf with the kids.

One thing is for sure...
        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Hi Rusty!

I certainly welcome you. No intervention by frying pans necessary!
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

:H Oh, dear Greenie!:goodjob:

Welcome Rusty!:welcome:

Zooming and trying to get ready for our mini vacation which is really technically a long weekend. I wish I wish I didn't get so worked up about these things. I can feel the tension in my body! I'm pretty p.o.'d at my son's football coach. I told him to let him know he wouldn't be at practice Friday and he gave him a bunch of crap about it. I know coaches do these things because they think the sport should be #1 priority, but sorry, family comes first.

DG--I tried so hard to wear contacts earlier this year. It does get easier putting them in and taking them out. Sometimes it still took me about 20 minutes and a few times I thought I was going to have to have someone do it for me, but I always managed. My eyes are too dry and that made it harder I guess. Plus I couldn't see the damn things! I'm glad they are working out for you. Mine were so uncomfortable, and my brain never could figure out the plan I guess, so I had to give up on them.

Good news. Terry is back in the hospital in our home town. My SIL says she looks and acts better than she has in a very long time. I gotta tell you, all those amazing prayers and healing energy did wonders for her.

I better keep busy. Lots to do today so we can get out of town tomorrow. I'm sorry for all of you suffering in the brutal heat. It's hot here (90's) and more humid than usual, but I for one don't mind it.

Have a happy Wednesday all!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Ahem.. OK, BGPs on now. Wednesday huh? Right. Trash day/ Hump day, etc.

DG, it does get easier, and I can tell you this - be damn glad you're not learning this drunk! I've almost pinched my eyeballs out trying to remove a contact that wasn't there (back in the days). :H:H I decided to not go with the monovision. While the brain is an amazing thing, I didn't want to mess with the neruological pathways. I felt like I'd already done enough to confuse them. I will do it when I'm going to be in a situation in which I really need to though.

Rusty - absolutely!! Love to have you here!

LVT - good news about terry. Don't take on the coaches attitude - let him hold it.

Zoom!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Oh God! you have just reminded me of all my drunken exploits with contact lens :shocked:
                Luckily they are daily ones or Id have spent a fortune buying new ones....
                The million mornings waking up with them glued somewhere inside my eyeball, or like you Greenie stabbing my eye with my fingers trying to local them, forgetting Id already taken them out and spending half an hr swaying in front of the mirror bruising my eye trying to grab them! Uggh....

Wishing you all a happy AF humpday
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Ab fabbers!

DG - that contact lens sounds weirdly sci-fi. Like a cyborg. I can't imagine how it must feel. Oddly enough, I've had more hassle with contact lenses since I stopped drinking. I could always get them out when I was drunk, now sometimes I struggle a bit. But you can buy saline (?) drops to put in your eye to moisten it up and make them easier to remove.

Talking of weirdly sci-fi, my dyed hair has taken on a strange reddish/purple hue under the office fluorescent lights. I like it!

LVT - good news about your sister! Remember to RELAX on your relaxing weekend :H

Zooming out for some air before the next load of work hits... back later.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Morning Abbers!

A happy humpday to everyone!

I tried contact lenses 20 some years ago - yuck! They hurt like hell so I gave up.

Rusty, good to see you here

Greenie, the computer yeast infection was a real beast!!!! Had to spend $$ buying Norton software & other stuff to get rid of it - good luck. I'm just hoping I didn't pick it up by visiting my favorite website.....

LVT, try to relax & enjoy your mini vacation. I wish I could get away for a few days............
                    Good news about Terry!

Chill, thinking of you - as always

Greetings Gaia & Uni!

Time to work - wishing everyone a very happy AF humpday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav,

I felt kinda weird asking to be on this thread, but I really wanted to be and everyone seems to think it's ok. I like the people on this thread.

Re: contact lenses....I could never stand the thought...they sound like they would hurt. I wear the $1 reader glasses I can find at my local grocery store. And oh, they're so attractive! (not really, that might explain why I haven't had a d-d-d-date in such a long time! heh, heh)

Comment

Morning all! Welcome Rusty! Glad you are here. You did better than I did. I just barged in. Of course I was on this thread some time ago.
                        I didn't get on at all yesterday. Had my knee injected and it feels about 99% better. I can walk up the stairs without pain today!
                        Yesterday I also signed up to come partially out of retirement to do some prn work for my old company. They are short of help and I'm short of cash! So it works. After I went and signed the paperwork, I came home and drank 3 glasses of wine!! I guess maybe it was the stress of the doc visit and thinking of going back to work. I will not do it today. My sis is still up staying with my niece so I'm going up tonight. I WILL NOT be having any wine. I'm taking my tart cherry juice and some mineral water. I just started a new antidepressant and feel kind of headachy today, probly from mixing the wine and the med. I am going to be strong and not do this again. I just thought of something else. Carrying water bottles in the car might keep me from getting thirsty. I think that was part of the problem yesterday.
                        So glad your sister is doing better LVT. That is just wonderful! :l
                        AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Fabbie Abbies! Hi again and Happy Hump Day. May those with a libido do some actual humping....... ()

Welcome Rusty! Jump right on in.

OMG Drunken contact stories. I didn't wear glasses (or contacts) in college but my room mate did. She was blind as a bat without her glasses or contacts on. There were times when she would drop one on the bathroom floor and call for my help finding it. Another good excuse for a drunken crawl around the bathroom! Geez. My drinking career was defnitely out of control if I have a drunken contact story and didn't even wear them.

I am wondering how long it will take me to get this thing out of my eye tonight.

I am also wondering how long it will take me to get it back IN my eye tomorrow morning, since I have a dealine and have to be somewhere at 7AM. I probably won't be able to get it in!!!

I can feel it in there but it's like feeling your clothes - you know they are on but it's not uncomfortable. (unless it's wool or too tight, but this feels like neither of those!) Vision isn't perfect by any stretch but it's pretty darn cool to be able to see stuff at all distances without reaching around for the glasses, etc. I also loved buying a pair of $26 sun glasses yesterday. If I hate 'em I'll throw 'em away. Unlike those $600 progressive ones that I LOATH.

I'm definitely not sure if I would go under the laser to make this permanent (jury is still out for at least a week and probably much longer!) But I will definitely put the contact back in again. Or should I say TRY to put it in again. It took me about 15 tries this morning and that was probably beginners luck.

Hello to all here and all yet to come! Marshy, when I was reading your post about your hair color, I thought "THAT sounds AWESOME" before I even read how you like it!!!!

I want to trade places with whoever is cool and dry today.

One thing is for sure..... There is NO AL but possibly some ice cream in my future today.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh Auntie. I just wanted to suggest something re: the wine last night. I have learned to turn on my BS meter every time my brain goes to thinking about AL. I used to blame stress for my drinking all the time. The REAL reason I drank (at least in the end) was because I am an alcoholic. If there wasn't some ready made stress, I would manufacture some. Or a celebration. Call an old friend. Whatever.

This may not be the case for you. Just suggesting turning a bright light on the motives and thinking. It's the thinking that leads to the drinking most times (for me).

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Fabbie Abbies,

Hello Ms. Doggygirl, a cheery hello from steamy, humid (and as my friend says, "Sweaty Crack Weather) Wisconsin! Um, yes, I HAVE a libido but nobody to try it out with (HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA)

I went to the Wisconsin State Fair and fried, it was 95 degrees. Gosh, Doggy, I've never been a beer drinker but these 3 drunken women plowed into me and my two lady friends and never apologized for hitting us. BTW....this was 12:30 p.m. You know, before I stopped drinking, drunken people never really bothered me...now I'm pretty disgusted.

Hi to Marshy, Greenie, Lav, LV25, Bear, Auntie and everyone else, Happy Hump Day!

I'm off for a swim in the lake.....love it!

I'll check in later!

Comment

Working...
                              X